Possible Solution for Ventari

Revanent.9715

Yes, another one of those threads.

I thought of something that might help Ventari, and figured I'd throw the idea out there. I'll keep it quick.

Make it so the tablet follows you.

Then make each skill on Ventari, ground targeted. So if you go to cast the heal, you can target the area in which you want the heal to occur. The tablet will move to that location and cast the heal. The same would occur for the condi removal skill, and the range block skill. Even the elite skill.

The tablet will stay in place until you cast another skill, and will begin following you if you exceed it's leash range. Or maybe you could give it some command to begin following you again.

I don't play Ventari much, but based on what I have experienced, the most annoying part of Ventari is having to always move the tablet FIRST, then cast what you want. This should solve that problem, and make Ventari a lot more fluid and less clunky, by making the movement of the tablet, and the cast, all a single button and action.

Any thoughts?

> @Knighthonor.4061 said:

> honestly Tablet would be far better if the healing was greatly increased to Druid/ELe level, and also the energy cost reduced. Cast time or delay can stay if the healing was greatly increased. Right now it cant even work as a self heal in PvP.

Exactly. Having it tablet-bound is actually damn nice because it tells people where to stand to get the healing. Tempest only works because it's PBAE, and Druid frankly **doesn't** work, people dodge your healing constantly.

Well yes. Healing probably needs to go up. But that's a separate issue.

The tablet will only follow you if you exceed it's leash range, in my proposal. So if keeping the tablet in a specific area so people know where the healing is going to be is your issue, you can still do that. Just keep healing the same area.

But I suggested this idea as a way to keep Ventari largely the same for those who mostly like Ventari, as is. But this would help just about every other game mode, where there is a lot more movement involved, and speed and efficiency are major factors in effectiveness and success. Currently, if you need to heal someone that isn't in the area you designated, then you have to first move the tablet, then cast the heal, and wait for the delay before it takes effect. By making the skills ground targeted, the tablet can move to the selected area automatically and cast the skill upon arrival. Making it all one action, rather than two, and cutting down on the clunkiness.

Increase the healing? I don't see any purpose to that. I run full Zerk with my raid group and have too much healing. In WvW, I play in Cleric's and virtually full heal 5 targets every few seconds while applying alacrity.

I agree with OP. Tablet movement is the biggest challenge for keeping good uptime on the healing in most game modes. With this kind of change, the skills would be more fluid, and the telegraph of the tablet would if anything be more effective.

You have a point with the range block. I remember thinking of some solution when i first came up with it, but it eludes me now. I think it simply would act as any other upkeep, where it flips over to the turnoff skill when you cast it. Only problem i see there is if you cast it somewhere, but then need to move it without turning it off, with this idea, you would have to turn it off and recast it. Though I don't run into many cases where I need to move it while keeping it active.

As for healing. I agree that it heals enough, or even plenty with healer gear. Though i might disagree if you mean without it. It only heals for a little over 1k with no healing power. I wouldn't mind if it's base healing came up some, to make it a little more accessible to those who don't stack healer gear. Just trying to consider how others might want to play with it..

> @"Ardent Heretic.8216" said:

> Increase the healing? I don't see any purpose to that. I run full Zerk with my raid group and have too much healing. In WvW, I play in Cleric's and virtually full heal 5 targets every few seconds while applying alacrity.

>

> I agree with OP. Tablet movement is the biggest challenge for keeping good uptime on the healing in most game modes. With this kind of change, the skills would be more fluid, and the telegraph of the tablet would if anything be more effective.

Unlike any healing class builds in the game, Revenant is the only healer, whose self heals are not efficient enough in structure PVP. That's how weak tablet heals are compared to other classes that can spec for large healing output. And unlike those classes, they don't have to sacrifice damage as much as revenant does. Since tablet takes up all right side of your skills unlike a guardian, or Druid, or ele. Also with the Energy system you pretty much forced to pick between high cost tablet skills or weapon skills. You can switch to another legend if you will, but then you no longer a healer, since none of the non Tablet legends are support based besides herald to a certain extent.

> @Revanent.9715 said:

> Well yes. Healing probably needs to go up. But that's a separate issue.

> The tablet will only follow you if you exceed it's leash range, in my proposal. So if keeping the tablet in a specific area so people know where the healing is going to be is your issue, you can still do that. Just keep healing the same area.

>

> But I suggested this idea as a way to keep Ventari largely the same for those who mostly like Ventari, as is. But this would help just about every other game mode, where there is a lot more movement involved, and speed and efficiency are major factors in effectiveness and success. Currently, if you need to heal someone that isn't in the area you designated, then you have to first move the tablet, then cast the heal, and wait for the delay before it takes effect. By making the skills ground targeted, the tablet can move to the selected area automatically and cast the skill upon arrival. Making it all one action, rather than two, and cutting down on the clunkiness.

Interesting. But what's another thought to this is that Skill 6 is already Ground Target. What if Skill 6 also healed at the targeted location rather than the pass through healing concept of it that's Currently there. This would give Revenant another efficient Heal skill to use for different situations.

> @Knighthonor.4061 said:

> > @"Ardent Heretic.8216" said:

> > Increase the healing? I don't see any purpose to that. I run full Zerk with my raid group and have too much healing. In WvW, I play in Cleric's and virtually full heal 5 targets every few seconds while applying alacrity.

> >

> > I agree with OP. Tablet movement is the biggest challenge for keeping good uptime on the healing in most game modes. With this kind of change, the skills would be more fluid, and the telegraph of the tablet would if anything be more effective.

>

> Unlike any healing class builds in the game, Revenant is the only healer, whose self heals are not efficient enough in structure PVP. That's how weak tablet heals are compared to other classes that can spec for large healing output. And unlike those classes, they don't have to sacrifice damage as much as revenant does. Since tablet takes up all right side of your skills unlike a guardian, or Druid, or ele. Also with the Energy system you pretty much forced to pick between high cost tablet skills or weapon skills. You can switch to another legend if you will, but then you no longer a healer, since none of the non Tablet legends are support based besides herald to a certain extent.

I sPVP very rarely, so I can't speak to that. Ventari's self healing is pretty minimal, but I believe Bunker Ventari is a reasonably widely-played build, even if it is a zero damage cheese machine.

Speaking to what I actually play(raids/wvw) my experience has been that ele at least has to sacrifice a lot more damage to keep heals up due to rotations. Druids and guardians seem to give up the least, sure, but I have no trouble pumping out 10-15k dps as a solo healer in raids.

As to choosing between spending energy on heals or damage, I use two factors(again, for raids): 1] Is this a pressure phase or a burn phase? 2] How volatile is boss damage right now?

If we're in a pressure/survival moment, I camp Ventari and use all my energy to spam heals until it passes. If it's a burn phase, I legend swap on cd to do use weapon skills and trust my applied regen will keep everyone topped up until I'm back in Ventari. If boss damage is volatile, I camp Ventari and only use weapon skills while my energy is above 90 so I can be prepared for the damage spikes.

For WvW, I use swap on cd unless pressure is high. The main thing here is just learning to anticipate the movement and timing of your driver (or anchor in roaming) and having the heals ready when they get there.

These are oversimplifications, of course, but it has worked for me for a long time. Kalla is only going to make all of this easier as a pretty solid support swap what with 90%+ alacrity uptime and some reasonable damage output (for a healing build, at least)

in pvp the big problem is not the heal or the coefficient .

the problems are

1. ventari lack boons - you need to take herald to support.

2. ventari lack cleanse abilities

3. ventari lack nrg (like all rev mechanism)

**cleanse **

any other class can choose utilities according to the fight upcoming . if i see in the enemy team with burst condi class i will choose traits and skills which focus more on condi cleanse rotations.

with rev you cannot do this rather choose legend and a whole trait line which can help you with it like mallyx and corruption. so if i take ventari. i have only 1 skill which focus on cleanse and elite which drain my nrg. while ranger can trait survival skills which each cleanse 2, or shout with rune and druid trait line which cleanse them all. mesmer can choose several utilities, and trait which focus on cleanse, ele etc.... and also this class have more pressure dmg.

if i take ventari i know i have 3 cleanse on 5 sec cd while it drain my nrg if i use elite combo so basically i dont have cleanse rotations like other class.

**boons**

without herald ventari is useless. no protection, low regen if traited, no swiftness again traited with invocation or combo with jallis. as thus easy to removed, corrupt.

**solutions**

**natural harmony** should also grant vigor, protection, regeneration and resistance for 3 sec to allies. it wont be spam due to 20 nrg cost in pvp and in wvw and raids you already got those perma boons from mesmer, herald, mallyx and more.

**purifying essence** convert 5 conditions to boons. the real problem is the fast easy restacking conditions. so if cleanse 10 bleed, 10 torment and 10 poison and boom after 2 sec i have more 10 bleeds torment and poison

EE - you regain back 5 nrg per condition removed from self. the kb is nerfed already with 10 sec cd.

with this change alone when you use the elite you will cleanse 1 condition if you used it when you had 10 nrg so no change here. but you will gain up to 5 nrg back . but if you smart and use it while you had 50 nrg and cleanse 5 conditions you can gain back 25 nrg to continue heal and cleanse with other skill

this will open up support builds with herald and renegade elite.

Ventari could benefit from having resistance on some of its tablet skills and better condi cleanse alongside more vigor application.

It could also have a unique buff on the tablet's 600 radius that incoming healing on allies is increased by 10%.

The real problem is the Salvation traitline sucks big time, and support revenant really doesn't have support weapons as staff is purely a CC/block weapon with unbearable energy costs to be able to use alongside the tablet.

The other problem is ventari doesn't offer much in the way of group boosts. All it offers is healing, and in PvE other classes can heal enough and still do better damage.