ANET stream feedback

> @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> The comments of the Devs reinforced the impression. It sounded very much like decisions are made based on personal opinion and "winning" "brawls". A better system would be to make *small* changes and check the results.

>

So, can we get a quote of the statements/timestamps that gave said impressions?

D:

> @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > The comments of the Devs reinforced the impression. It sounded very much like decisions are made based on personal opinion and "winning" "brawls". A better system would be to make *small* changes and check the results.

> >

>

> So, can we get a quote of the statements/timestamps that gave said impressions?

I just watched the entire thing and can't find a single quote or a series of them supporting the OP's belief. The staff present agreed strongly that everyone making the game (and fans, too) want to make the best game possible, that people have different opinions, that often there are many 'right' views on how to proceed. And, in the end, it's important that everyone try to understand as best they can those other viewpoints, so that collectively, they make the best decisions possible, given the constraints on time & effort.

In other words, nothing even close to allowing partisanship & office politics to influence the results.

FYI making small changes and checking results is a method of introducing change that has nothing to do with the points raised in the opening post. There can be iterative development that is subject to intense partisanship and long term evolutionary methods that are as far from partisan as possible.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > The comments of the Devs reinforced the impression. It sounded very much like decisions are made based on personal opinion and "winning" "brawls". A better system would be to make *small* changes and check the results.

> > >

> >

> > So, can we get a quote of the statements/timestamps that gave said impressions?

>

> I just watched the entire thing and can't find a single quote or a series of them supporting the OP's belief. The staff present agreed strongly that everyone making the game (and fans, too) want to make the best game possible, that people have different opinions, that often there are many 'right' views on how to proceed. And, in the end, it's important that everyone try to understand as best they can those other viewpoints, so that collectively, they make the best decisions possible, given the constraints on time & effort.

>

> In other words, nothing even close to allowing partisanship & office politics to influence the results.

>

> ****

> FYI making small changes and checking results is a method of introducing change that has nothing to do with the points raised in the opening post. There can be iterative development that is subject to intense partisanship and long term evolutionary methods that are as far from partisan as possible.

Agree with this.. I went back and watched through it again and couldn't find anything to justify the OP's comments other than perhaps, there is some underlying issue that is clouding judgement., but to each their own.

I did find it interesting when they were discussing how they enjoy the player feedback, interaction.. less the obvious obnoxious forum postings of course. It is great to hear how they at times go out of their way to try to do this even if there may be language barriers to cope with.. big +1 to them.

The one thing I did find a little awkward was the discussing on how roles such as the reward devs is key to motivation of the playerbase.. something I feel in many events, collections etc is so far out of sync here, but again that maybe something to do with how I feel about some aspects of the game I am unhappy with of late.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > The comments of the Devs reinforced the impression. It sounded very much like decisions are made based on personal opinion and "winning" "brawls". A better system would be to make *small* changes and check the results.

> > >

> >

> > So, can we get a quote of the statements/timestamps that gave said impressions?

>

> I just watched the entire thing and can't find a single quote or a series of them supporting the OP's belief. The staff present agreed strongly that everyone making the game (and fans, too) want to make the best game possible, that people have different opinions, that often there are many 'right' views on how to proceed. And, in the end, it's important that everyone try to understand as best they can those other viewpoints, so that collectively, they make the best decisions possible, given the constraints on time & effort.

>

> In other words, nothing even close to allowing partisanship & office politics to influence the results.

>

> ****

> FYI making small changes and checking results is a method of introducing change that has nothing to do with the points raised in the opening post. There can be iterative development that is subject to intense partisanship and long term evolutionary methods that are as far from partisan as possible.

Thank you. This was exactly what I had feared when the OP's topic started.

D:

> @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> Thank you. This was exactly what I had feared when the OP's topic started.

To be fair, one shouldn't rely on my interpretation either. I like to think I'm fair & balanced, but perhaps someone else watching might see something else.

(Still, I really, really tried to view the recording with an eye towards what sounds good on paper, but might lead to bad process management in real time. I just didn't see anything like that.)

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> I think there balancing for wvw ideal trying to balance for big groups vs small groups vs solo is way too complex way of thinking. I would think looking at the target size 3 for strong skills 5 for averages skills 10 for weak skills support AND dmg.

Wvw is unbalanced by design. It's supposed to be a big mess.