Block Bounty boards for Non-commanders

Milosz.5938

HI,

Do you know the feeling when you want to start squad for bounty run and someone new in the game opened and wasted legendary because he didn't know what is going on with that? If you make bounty runs - probably "yes". I have request for GMs - **_could you please make "Bounty boards" bolcked soo only players with commander tag could use it?_** Something simillar like raids. It will also gratitude that tag in some way.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because you have a tag and decide to lead a bounty train doesn't make bounties your personal property. They're meant for all players in this game, and as such, all of them can view and start bounties. There's really no tag needed to do them, just a little bit of communication via map chat.

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> Just because you have a tag and decide to lead a bounty train doesn't make bounties your personal property. They're meant for all players in this game, and as such, all of them can view and start bounties. There's really no tag needed to do them, just a little bit of communication via map chat.

First of all I never say that "it's my personal proprety" . Bloced boards will only help to make bounty a specially that someone new don't know very offten that he cannot do it alone soo he active without relfection :) Raids wokrs good with that mechanism soo why not bounty boards...

> @"Glider.5792" said:

> And what if i want to do bounties with only my party ? I dont want random autoatack slackers joining the bounties which i can kill with my group in 1min.

You can give no access to your squad for radom players man. You have that in options.

> @"Milosz.5938" said:

> > @"Glider.5792" said:

> > And what if i want to do bounties with only my party ? I dont want random autoatack slackers joining the bounties which i can kill with my group in 1min.

>

> You can give no access to your squad for radom players man. You have that in options.

Doesnt matter. If ill tag up, random people are bound to come to me. I do not want them.

> @"Milosz.5938" said:

> > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > Just because you have a tag and decide to lead a bounty train doesn't make bounties your personal property. They're meant for all players in this game, and as such, all of them can view and start bounties. There's really no tag needed to do them, just a little bit of communication via map chat.

>

> First of all I never say that "it's my personal proprety" . Bloced boards will only help to make bounty a specially that someone new don't know very offten that he cannot do it alone soo he active without relfection :) Raids wokrs good with that mechanism soo why not bounty boards...

cus bounties are open world content. pro -tip, you missed leg. bounty-change the map with your squad

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"Milosz.5938" said:

> > > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > Just because you have a tag and decide to lead a bounty train doesn't make bounties your personal property. They're meant for all players in this game, and as such, all of them can view and start bounties. There's really no tag needed to do them, just a little bit of communication via map chat.

> >

> > First of all I never say that "it's my personal proprety" . Bloced boards will only help to make bounty a specially that someone new don't know very offten that he cannot do it alone soo he active without relfection :) Raids wokrs good with that mechanism soo why not bounty boards...

>

> cus bounties are open world content. pro -tip, you missed leg. bounty-change the map with your squad

hmmm you have point..... maybe should be blocked only legnedary bouties.... Champions can be for player wihtout commander tag...

> @"Milosz.5938" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > @"Milosz.5938" said:

> > > > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > > Just because you have a tag and decide to lead a bounty train doesn't make bounties your personal property. They're meant for all players in this game, and as such, all of them can view and start bounties. There's really no tag needed to do them, just a little bit of communication via map chat.

> > >

> > > First of all I never say that "it's my personal proprety" . Bloced boards will only help to make bounty a specially that someone new don't know very offten that he cannot do it alone soo he active without relfection :) Raids wokrs good with that mechanism soo why not bounty boards...

> >

> > cus bounties are open world content. pro -tip, you missed leg. bounty-change the map with your squad

>

> hmmm you have point..... maybe should be blocked only legnedary bouties.... Champions can be for player wihtout commander tag...

Nothing should be blocked for you spent some gold for a tag thats all the tag says you got enough gold to buy it

Urgh, no thanks. It can be annoying as it is getting a group together for a bounty, it would be more annoying if you had to find someone with a tag and they had to make the trip to the board and back out to where the bounty spawns to get a group together and get it started.

I have a tag so it wouldn't affect me personally, but it would still be annoying (in fact it could be more annoying because that means I'd be the one sent to find the bounty and come back out to activate it). And like other people have said some people want to do bounties with a small group without attracting random people from all over the map who see a tag and come to see what event they're going to be lead through. Even legendary bounties can be done with a party rather than a squad - some people insist the Legendary Corrupted Facet is actually easier with 3-4 players than with a big group.

On top of which it wouldn't help with your problem. A lot of people have commander tags and there's no way to guarantee they are good commanders or know how this specific event works, and even less reason to think they'd wait around to see if someone is about to come and take over the map for a bounty train just after they start.

The thread is already full of answers on why blocking the bounties for everyone but commander tag owners is a bad idea.

However, the OP's concern is valid, and some kind of a tweak would be welcome. The 15/30min reset timer is useless IMO, and I think the bounties should reappear on the board as soon as the bounty is either killed, or the timer (10min) runs out. This way squads wouldn't have to wait long for the bounties to reappear.

The only downside I can think of would be that a single bounty could be killed repeatedly over and over, but then again the bounty rewards aren't that big of a deal. Some sort of diminishing returns system could be implemented for those players who have already killed that bounty X times in a certain window of time.

At the very least they should slap visible timers on the bounty boards, so that squads can see how long they have to wait. It's a shame to see an empty board and the squad disbanding and leaving the map, and the bounties popping back 2 minutes later.

Most bounties "if not all" can be done with 3-5 players. If a random "new" player decides to go on an bounty adventure alone, and trigger it by himself, there is a huge chance that a couple of other players are in reach of the event notification and will come to the poor players aid. And hopefully they can kill it ;)

For me it sounds like you have a issue with the "downtime" before said bounty spawns again. Maybe that should be looked at.

The OP's suggestion sounds like a "Pay to win" to me.

Contents are exclusive to "Paid Commander Tag" players and those commander tags dictate whenever they want or feel to do the contents. And if there are non commanders tags, other players must wait or have to get their own commander tag in order to play the game.

So "NO"

> @"VanWilder.6923" said:

> The OP's suggestion sounds like a "Pay to win" to me.

> Contents are exclusive to "Paid Commander Tag" players and those commander tags dictate whenever they want or feel to do the contents. And if there are non commanders tags, other players must wait or have to get their own commander tag in order to play the game.

>

> So "NO"

>

INC "Everyone send me 10s for Tag taxes, or i wont start the bounty" lel

> @"Hevoskuuri.3891" said:

> The thread is already full of answers on why blocking the bounties for everyone but commander tag owners is a bad idea.

>

> However, the OP's concern is valid, and some kind of a tweak would be welcome. The 15/30min reset timer is useless IMO, and I think the bounties should reappear on the board as soon as the bounty is either killed, or the timer (10min) runs out. This way squads wouldn't have to wait long for the bounties to reappear.

I'd say the current reset timer is fine if the event succeeds, a five minute reset after failure/timeout sounds better to me though, to alleviate the problem with. Either way, I don't like the idea of locking any content behind a commander tag when that's just a 300g purchase.

Also to OP anyone can make a 10 man raid squad, you don't need a commander tag for that.

> @"Hevoskuuri.3891" said:

> The thread is already full of answers on why blocking the bounties for everyone but commander tag owners is a bad idea.

>

> However, the OP's concern is valid, and some kind of a tweak would be welcome. The 15/30min reset timer is useless IMO, and I think the bounties should reappear on the board as soon as the bounty is either killed, or the timer (10min) runs out. This way squads wouldn't have to wait long for the bounties to reappear.

>

> The only downside I can think of would be that a single bounty could be killed repeatedly over and over, but then again the bounty rewards aren't that big of a deal. Some sort of diminishing returns system could be implemented for those players who have already killed that bounty X times in a certain window of time.

>

> At the very least they should slap visible timers on the bounty boards, so that squads can see how long they have to wait. It's a shame to see an empty board and the squad disbanding and leaving the map, and the bounties popping back 2 minutes later.

Yeah that sounds like a much better solution. If it respawned as soon as it ended that would make the impact of someone else doing the bounty before you minimal, and other methods could be used to prevent people farming bounties over and over.

> @"Glider.5792" said:

> > @"VanWilder.6923" said:

> > The OP's suggestion sounds like a "Pay to win" to me.

> > Contents are exclusive to "Paid Commander Tag" players and those commander tags dictate whenever they want or feel to do the contents. And if there are non commanders tags, other players must wait or have to get their own commander tag in order to play the game.

> >

> > So "NO"

> >

>

> INC "Everyone send me 10s for Tag taxes, or i wont start the bounty" lel

I would pay 10 gold per bounty if I could find a group who would not jeer at me because I am awkward and clutzy...sure would.