Norn Elite Shape-Shifting

ZULU.4257

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> >

> > > Edit: or combine the extra skill slot with an ability to learn other races racial skills, maybe with a less signature animation or something...

> >

> > I don't like this idea as it would take away from the uniqueness of the races. Granted, the elites really don't get any play now as it is, but how would a Norn teach another race how to shapeshift for example?

>

> In a game based around magic, I would bet there could be a story line that could pull it off.

Technically, the Norn wouldn't be teaching anyone anything. It's not an ability of the Norn to shapeshift, it's an ability of the Spirits of the Wild to let people shapeshift. It's just that the Spirits only give that power to Norn.

So if an asura wanted to shapeshift, they'd need to convince the Spirit of Bear or something to give them that power.

> @"Son of Elias.5420" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > >

> > > > Edit: or combine the extra skill slot with an ability to learn other races racial skills, maybe with a less signature animation or something...

> > >

> > > I don't like this idea as it would take away from the uniqueness of the races. Granted, the elites really don't get any play now as it is, but how would a Norn teach another race how to shapeshift for example?

> >

> > In a game based around magic, I would bet there could be a story line that could pull it off.

>

> Technically, the Norn wouldn't be teaching anyone anything. It's not an ability of the Norn to shapeshift, it's an ability of the Spirits of the Wild to let people shapeshift. It's just that the Spirits only give that power to Norn.

> So if an asura wanted to shapeshift, they'd need to convince the Spirit of Bear or something to give them that power.

Ahh... even better: I can see a side quest of sorts or a heart to perform in a new map..