Banner change (UNOFFICIAL SUGGESTION)

Lametoile.7394

I think that many fellow warriors here can agree that, while banners have powerful effects, they're not fun and not practical to use, due to being a fixed object with a relative area of effect relatively small.

However, I like their thematic of tactic and battlefield management.

So here's my personnal take on it, which i would really like to become true.

Major changes:

- Banners now have a 60s cooldown (except for battle standard)

- Banners skills are renamed "battle command". Activating the battle command allow the warrior to pulse an effet to allies around him for 45s (corresponding to current banners effect) AND create a banner at its current position (with a blast finisher). All battle commands give swifness (15s) to nearby allies (similar to inspire)

- Stats bonus are set to 120 at level 80 (level x 1.5) and increase by 50% (180 at level 80) if the warrior is close enough to his banner (range 600)

- Banners are no longer bundle and cannot be picked up or moved.

- When a field command is activated, the skill slot become a new skill for 45s, that can only be activated within range of the banner (600). Each one these skills have a 15s cooldown.

New skills:

- Command of tactics: this command is now a healing skill. Grant healing power and concentration . Also heal yourself (6000, 1.0)

> compassionate direction: heal allies close to the banner (range 600, heal 2400, 0.75 ) and grant them regeneration (10s)

- Command of defense: Grant toughness and vitality .

> stagerring order: damage nearby foes and push them back (radius 180, push 240, damage 1.0), whirl finisher

- Command of strenght: Grant power and condition damage

> Brutal impression : Inflicts vulnerabilty (x8 , 10s) to foes close to you (radius 240).

- Command of discipline: Grant precision and ferocity

> Ferocious rally: Grant nearby allies fury (10s)

- Command of courage (elite): revive nearby allies. Grant allies fury, might and swiftness.

> Whirlwind inspiration: grant nearby allies stability (x2, 6s)

Trait change:

- Inspiring battle command: Battle command stats bonus are increased by 33% for you. Battle commands bonus skills now grant extra boons to allies (5 targets, radius 600):

compassionate direction: vigor (6s)

staggerring order: protection (4s)

Brutal impression: power (x4, 10s)

Ferocious rally: quickness (2s)

Whirlwind inspiration: alacrity (3s)

Feel free to comment and point out the lack of balance. Have a good day.

I like part with "battle commands" just some kind temporal aura that affect allies around you.

**BUT.**.. in that case...

1) remove banners like object completely.

2) make it short cd and short duration = more active gameplay / for zerg phazes. Like 15 sec duration / 15 sec downtime.

3) remove cast time -> make it instant.

4) add some poor/short boons on activation. like that you mentioned. add short regen on activation with banner-trait.

1+2+3+4 = problem solved.. **my opinion**.

ohh..

..and healing banner should provide periodic healing not regeneration .. otherwise its trash..

Thx for feedback> @"Luna.6203" said:

> I like part with "battle commands" just some kind temporal aura that affect allies around you.

> **BUT.**.. in that case...

> 1) remove banners like object completely.

> 2) make it short cd and short duration = more active gameplay / for zerg phazes. Like 15 sec duration / 15 sec downtime.

> 3) remove cast time -> make it instant.

> 4) add some poor/short boons on activation. like that you mentioned. add short regen on activation with banner-trait.

>

> 1+2+3+4 = problem solved.. **my opinion**.

>

> ohh..

> ..and healing banner should provide periodic healing not regeneration .. otherwise its trash..

>

>

1) That's already the case. I just added an extra if you stay close, to keep a bit of the original idea while making it effective. I like the visual aspect of banner so I don't want to remove it completely

2) +3) That's a possibility. In that case, I would rather pu a 20 / 30 ratio though

4) Right.

Just put the healing banner as an idea. Not so sure about it. However, a periodic healing would make the same thing as healing signet and everybody seems to be against passive healing nowadays.

My purpose was to imagine a way to free warriors from banners, while still keeping the idea and make the "stay close" idea more of a rewarding thing than a mandatory thing.

> @"Lametoile.7394" said:

>

>

> Thx for feedback> @"Luna.6203" said:

> > I like part with "battle commands" just some kind temporal aura that affect allies around you.

> > **BUT.**.. in that case...

> > 1) remove banners like object completely.

> > 2) make it short cd and short duration = more active gameplay / for zerg phazes. Like 15 sec duration / 15 sec downtime.

> > 3) remove cast time -> make it instant.

> > 4) add some poor/short boons on activation. like that you mentioned. add short regen on activation with banner-trait.

> >

> > 1+2+3+4 = problem solved.. **my opinion**.

> >

> > ohh..

> > ..and healing banner should provide periodic healing not regeneration .. otherwise its trash..

> >

> >

>

>

> 1) That's already the case. I just added an extra if you stay close, to keep a bit of the original idea while making it effective. I like the visual aspect of banner so I don't want to remove it completely

> 2) +3) That's a possibility. In that case, I would rather pu a 20 / 30 ratio though

> 4) Right.

>

> Just put the healing banner as an idea. Not so sure about it. However, a periodic healing would make the same thing as healing signet and everybody seems to be against passive healing nowadays.

>

> My purpose was to imagine a way to free warriors from banners, while still keeping the idea and make the "stay close" idea more of a rewarding thing than a mandatory thing.

1) They are ugly anyway. model/texture quality of banners reminds me counter strike 1.6 graphic. :/

2) i think especially in case of giving boons on activation instead from abilities from holding them as object or being within range. Cooldown should be short and because of that duration too. Also lot of bosses in pve have short "zerg phazes" so i think it would make sense.

well... healing banner is probably bad idea (we already have regens and it would be definitely too mutch)... but regen boon is from trait (which would be on activation now) and whats the point of healing power and vitality banner ?

Anyway they will not redesign it. They only changing numbers. And most likely banners stay annoying banners and we will receive more nerfs in future patches. This is how it work here. :'(

Actually I dont mind about banners too much because thats the only reason why we are tolerated in high end pve content. I would rather see power berserker redesign. Even if i like spellbreaker spec sometimes i wish i could try something else.

I don't really like the "you spam the key for the effect"

Just a idea; banners could be a bit like Facet of Nature or a kit, you take the banner on your back, you pulse the aura effect arround you, you can only equip one at a time but you can change anytime or "blast" the banner (put a CD). I don't know if it's close to your idea.

In PvE/ group content it'd be a nerf, or the need to take 2 wars, but it could be interesting in pvp and wvw.

edit:

Or, make the banner of tactics a Healing Skill, even with the up of Mending as a physical skill it could be interesting: it gives ~11% boon duration that is quite good (less commander set or food for chrono and boonshare classes) and more sustain for everyone.