Puzzles

I like all the puzzles, they add flavour. Reward for me is completing them.

Sure better rewards would be more satysfying, but I wouldn't want people to farm them.

A puzzle/riddle is interesting once or twice (besides jp, these are more replayable).

Edit: I also don't think this community is toxic. On forums maybe, but in game I meet mostly friendly and fun people.

> @"BurntWaffle.6037" said:

> Completely forgot about this post , but I'm not suprised by the end results , toxicity and hypocrisy is what defines this community ,unfortunately for the amazing minority that tries hard to change that.

I had a look at the thread again, but somehow both toxicity and hyprocrisy eluded me. All I could see is that most people don't share your opinion and expressed that fact. To top things off, most people did so in a respectful manner and avoided projecting their own opinion onto others. Sadly the same can't be said about the opening post.

I'm with you, OP! I absolutely **HATE** and **DESPISE** jumping puzzles and labyrinths (the vast majority of people do)...I avoid them when I can. Unfortunately, some necessary content is locked behind them and I'm **FORCED** to do them in order to get the things that I want...**THAT** is pure **BS**! If Anet wants to please the tiny minority of players who like jumping puzzles, fine, give them a jumping puzzle park...just don't force the majority of players to participant in stuff that we hate!

Another opinion: Plz, devs, finish unfinished puzzles like the Cerebro and add them! I love jumping puzzles what I like less is their rewards. Believe me, add mystic coin as daily reward of a jumping puzzle and everyone will become pro-jumper. <- Pun

I like most of JPs, the only thing where OP is right, is that most JPs rewards are a total joke. Then again, I mostly play for the sake of doing them and having fun with them instead in expectation the game has to give me a grand reward for everything I do. This philosophy was completely normal back in the days when gamers were gamers. Did you get a reward finishing Super Mario Bros? No, the reward was to finish the game and to overcome its challenges. Just think this way and you are a more happy person!

> @"GW Noob.6038" said:

> I'm with you, OP! I absolutely **HATE** and **DESPISE** jumping puzzles and labyrinths (the vast majority of people do)...I avoid them when I can. Unfortunately, some necessary content is locked behind them and I'm **FORCED** to do them in order to get the things that I want...**THAT** is pure **BS**! If Anet wants to please the tiny minority of players who like jumping puzzles, fine, give them a jumping puzzle park...just don't force the majority of players to participant in stuff that we hate!

Also dont force us to do PVP if we want something - some hate PvP. And don't force us to do PVE if we want something - some hate all PVE Everything should be just obtainable without doing anything or everything should reward the same, so you can chose what to do, right? Come on... it's just not logical and not very doable.

> Completely forgot about this post , but I'm not suprised by the end results , toxicity and hypocrisy is what defines this community ,unfortunately for the amazing minority that tries hard to change that.

ok lets see:

So you made a post that:

- Complained about a festival puzzle that was implemented like 5-6 years ago as wasted time dev time.

- Complained about JPs in general which are strictly optional content (that you can also easily skip with the help of others) as sth that slows your progress somehow (like huh?).

- You assumed that your preference somehow reflects the majority of the player base in a game that the community had an in-game protest to bring back the adventure box festival which basically is the ultimate JP. You are way disconnected with the community if you think there is not a significant part of the community that enjoys the puzzles. (FYI i also dislike a lot JPs around the game. My taste does not reflect the eveyrone's taste)

And the people come and tell you i disagree i actually like puzzles and your reply is: "i expected as much you are all toxic anyway".

> @"GW Noob.6038" said:

> I'm with you, OP! I absolutely **HATE** and **DESPISE** jumping puzzles and labyrinths (the vast majority of people do)...I avoid them when I can. Unfortunately, some necessary content is locked behind them and I'm **FORCED** to do them in order to get the things that I want...**THAT** is pure **BS**! If Anet wants to please the tiny minority of players who like jumping puzzles, fine, give them a jumping puzzle park...just don't force the majority of players to participant in stuff that we hate!

Can you please elaborate? I can't remember ever being forced to do a JP. What is this necessary content that demands you to complete a JP?

> @"Kas.3509" said:

> Can you please elaborate? I can't remember ever being forced to do a JP. What is this necessary content that demands you to complete a JP?

The creation of the Legendary H.O.P.E pistol requires that you to do the gliding/jumping puzzle "Bugs in The Branches"...and some others as a mandatory part of map completion, which is required for the 'Gift of The Jungle'. BOOM...you've been elaborated!

> @"GW Noob.6038" said:

> > @"Kas.3509" said:

> > Can you please elaborate? I can't remember ever being forced to do a JP. What is this necessary content that demands you to complete a JP?

>

> The creation of the Legendary H.O.P.E pistol requires that you to do the gliding/jumping puzzle "Bugs in The Branches"...and some others as a mandatory part of map completion, which is required for the 'Gift of The Jungle'. BOOM...you've been elaborated!

Can you check if you citated properly before you post please? I don't remember writing this. It seems Sir Alric.5078 did : P

Also Ill reply to this anyway -> everything is "required" in a way you are describing. JP, PvP, WvW, fractals, raids -> everything is required IF you want something from them.

But in reality having that pistol or any other skin is not REQUIRED. You want it. That's it. There are tons of other skins and items. You decide if doing it for them is worth it or not. Easy.

> @"GW Noob.6038" said:

> > @"Kas.3509" said:

> > Can you please elaborate? I can't remember ever being forced to do a JP. What is this necessary content that demands you to complete a JP?

>

> The creation of the Legendary H.O.P.E pistol requires that you to do the gliding/jumping puzzle "Bugs in The Branches"...and some others as a mandatory part of map completion, which is required for the 'Gift of The Jungle'. BOOM...you've been elaborated!

That doesn't seem right, adventures are not required to get map completion. Though some POIs and vistas may require some maneuvering to get to so you got that part right. Still, thanks to mounts they're a lot more accessible now than when HOT first came out.

> @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > @"GW Noob.6038" said:

> > > @"Kas.3509" said:

> > > Can you please elaborate? I can't remember ever being forced to do a JP. What is this necessary content that demands you to complete a JP?

> >

> > The creation of the Legendary H.O.P.E pistol requires that you to do the gliding/jumping puzzle "Bugs in The Branches"...and some others as a mandatory part of map completion, which is required for the 'Gift of The Jungle'. BOOM...you've been elaborated!

>

> That doesn't seem right, adventures are not required to get map completion. Though some POIs and vistas may require some maneuvering to get to so you got that part right. Still, thanks to mounts they're a lot more accessible now than when HOT first came out.

I created a Mesmer...mostly to do Fractals, but also to ease the unwanted pain of Anet's infernal jumping/labyrinth puzzles. Plus, I know someone who has a Chrono, and knows all the HoT maps like the back of his hand.

> @"GW Noob.6038" said:

> > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > @"GW Noob.6038" said:

> > > > @"Kas.3509" said:

> > > > Can you please elaborate? I can't remember ever being forced to do a JP. What is this necessary content that demands you to complete a JP?

> > >

> > > The creation of the Legendary H.O.P.E pistol requires that you to do the gliding/jumping puzzle "Bugs in The Branches"...and some others as a mandatory part of map completion, which is required for the 'Gift of The Jungle'. BOOM...you've been elaborated!

> >

> > That doesn't seem right, adventures are not required to get map completion. Though some POIs and vistas may require some maneuvering to get to so you got that part right. Still, thanks to mounts they're a lot more accessible now than when HOT first came out.

>

> I created a Mesmer...mostly to do Fractals, but also to ease the unwanted pain of Anet's infernal jumping/labyrinth puzzles. Plus, I know someone who has a Chrono, and knows all the HoT maps like the back of his hand.

See? JP are the only "content" in game that can be basically skipped with friends help and yet you complain. You also only need to do it once usually. Some people hate raids or pvp and it cannot be really skipped, just "bought" not really legally (pvp) for big amounts of money/in-game currency and it usually has to be comp;eted multiple times.

I need to complete like 500 pvp matches to get what I want and I hate pvp. I do not complain, you know why? Because I chose to do so because I want this specific skin. It's free choice.

> @"GW Noob.6038" said:

> > > > Can you please elaborate? I can't remember ever being forced to do a JP. What is this necessary content that demands you to complete a JP?

> > >

> > > The creation of the Legendary H.O.P.E pistol requires that you to do the gliding/jumping puzzle "Bugs in The Branches"...and some others as a mandatory part of map completion, which is required for the 'Gift of The Jungle'. BOOM...you've been elaborated!

> >

> > That doesn't seem right, adventures are not required to get map completion. Though some POIs and vistas may require some maneuvering to get to so you got that part right. Still, thanks to mounts they're a lot more accessible now than when HOT first came out.

>

> I created a Mesmer...mostly to do Fractals, but also to ease the unwanted pain of Anet's infernal jumping/labyrinth puzzles. Plus, I know someone who has a Chrono, and knows all the HoT maps like the back of his hand.

See? JP can be basically skipped with friends help, some with mounts and blinks, teleport, portals etc and yet you complain. You also only need to do it once usually. Some people hate raids or pvp and it cannot be really skipped, just "bought" not really legally (pvp) for big amounts of money/in-game currency and it usually has to be completed multiple times.

I need to complete like 500 pvp matches to get what I want and I hate pvp. I do not complain, you know why? Because I chose to do so because I want this specific skin. It's a free choice.

> @"GW Noob.6038" said:

> > >

> >

>

I'm not wasting any time telling you that jumping/labyrinths are not a pain. I'm just correcting you on the need to do adventures for map completion. Your Chrono friend will point out that Dragon's Stand doesn't even have any adventures so you can get the Gift of The Jungle without doing a single adventure.

> @"GW Noob.6038" said:

> > @"Kas.3509" said:

>

As already said adventures are NOT required for map completion. Not sure why you think you must. Also what you just described is not really a JP. The path to get to the bugs is pretty clear and only requires gliding. It is more an optimal path exercise. There are very few point that even resembles either a puzzle or a jump that needs any kind of skill. Mostly its just updraft gliding. Also i think you mean gift of the fleet? Cause gift of the jungle is for dragon stand completion no?

You elaboration made no sense (BOOM?)

Secondly legendaries are not mandatory content. You do it because you want the skin for bragging rights. It does not hinder you at any way not to have one. The few tough JP that are required for legendaries you can easily skip with mesmers. Because of that there are ppl helping others to skip pretty often.

> I played for a month already and discovered a lot of content and still don't know half of the story . I noticed that a lot of puzzles were created in most of the big maps and not only , now they came out with the one for the halloween event ,I and many more think that these are a waste of time and created as an excuse of a joke just to slow our progress down not to mention that they are too demanding for what they offer , hear me out here : your-rewards-are-trash. Most of the people don't even bother to complete these puzzles ,we're using mounts ,mesmers ,using the advantage of gliding , all of these make the puzzles irrelevant ,not to mention how da-mn annoying they are and how frustrated people get when you reach on top and you basically get trash ?

> Now ,we're talking about hours wasted here ,I personally demand that you ( the devs) will at least freaking end your future projects and stop implementing these headaches , nobody likes them, they are a chore ,they are useless and no fun for sure ,time to stop.

Wow OP, you played all of a month and are already making demands? Well you must know all there is to know. Silly kids.

I am not very good at most JPs, but I don't mind having more added. However, I would suggest that they avoid any that include any sort of timed elements since that unnecessarily begins to gate content for players with various physical dexterity limitations. I'm also not a fan of overly long JPs that require having checkpoints. There's no reason that new JPs can't be relatively small and simple, yet still mildly rewarding for those who wish to attempt them.

My only comment re JPs , is that it would be good to know they actually exist.

I played for over a year before I ever found out about them, and some are OK , some are not , but in an MMO you cant assume that everything will be something that you like.

It would help if when you enter a new zone as a new player, you get a message something like JP in this zone , as some zones dont have any.

> I played for a month already and discovered a lot of content and still don't know half of the story . I noticed that a lot of puzzles were created in most of the big maps and not only , now they came out with the one for the halloween event ,I and many more think that these are a waste of time and created as an excuse of a joke just to slow our progress down not to mention that they are too demanding for what they offer , hear me out here : your-rewards-are-trash. Most of the people don't even bother to complete these puzzles ,we're using mounts ,mesmers ,using the advantage of gliding , all of these make the puzzles irrelevant ,not to mention how da-mn annoying they are and how frustrated people get when you reach on top and you basically get trash ?

> Now ,we're talking about hours wasted here ,I personally demand that you ( the devs) will at least freaking end your future projects and stop implementing these headaches , nobody likes them, they are a chore ,they are useless and no fun for sure ,time to stop.

I like jumping puzzles because they are easy for me, and a headache for others. The rewards are garbage like I brought up in my other thread. Wish the rewards were more exciting.