Every festivity the same, Anet please add an icon to see if the map is full in the LFG.

> @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> A small squad does not equal a map instance that isn't full. I've tried to join small squads, only to find that their map is still full. There are always plenty of people who do not bother joining a squad (after all, it's not difficult to follow a marker on a map, and being in the group or not makes no difference).

What size squads are you joining? I've never had a problem joining 10-person groups. 17 is borderline, especially at certain times. I believe a full lab map is around 40-50, so I always assume that squads of 25+ are on full maps.

> It's not that I have much understandig of game development, but the only thing they'd have to do is make the LFG system recognize full maps and remove the listing accordingly. Just as it does with full parties and squads. That would solve this entire problem that people have been pointing out for years now.

Again, I think it creates other issues, so, to me, it doesn't solve "this entire problem."

Plus, maps are only full in the moment. The population is dynamic, constantly coming and going, even if the commander plus 15-20 are farming for hours. So in the instant the game notices the map is at capacity, someone might leave and by the time the game removes the listing, it might have space. Thus it's not just about "recognizing a full map," it requires creating a working definition of "full" that doesn't result in false positives, every bit as bad as the false negatives we have now.

A different solution, which would bypass the adjunct issues (relisting LFG, spam suppression, listings for full maps, restoring listings for not-full maps, etc) would be if ANet re-enabled queuing for PvE maps. Rather than have to "join in" repeatedly, you could see that you were 1st or 20th on the list to get in. That gives us the ability to choose to wait or look for another group.

In an idealized scenario, it might even possible for the LFG to show how many slots left. (ANet probably doesn't want to show actual capacity for a variety of reasons.) For example:

`Lab farm, no doors, 28/50, slots remaining: 5`

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> ...ANet wouldn't be working on some other festival improvements, which also affects "the many."

And which exactly festival improvements would that be? There were basically no changes to any of the Halloween content since release six years ago, not counting the new LA map.

> @"PseudoNewb.5468" said:

> LFG is not Looking for map.

> It is just that the players have created the "taxi" process through LFG and the party join in map functionality.

> Didn't squads used to un-list their "taxi" group when maps got full?

Good commanders *do* unlist their group when its full, but that requires more effort than alot of farmers are willing to put out.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > A small squad does not equal a map instance that isn't full. I've tried to join small squads, only to find that their map is still full. There are always plenty of people who do not bother joining a squad (after all, it's not difficult to follow a marker on a map, and being in the group or not makes no difference).

> What size squads are you joining? I've never had a problem joining 10-person groups. 17 is borderline, especially at certain times. I believe a full lab map is around 40-50, so I always assume that squads of 25+ are on full maps.

>

exactly this.

if you scrole to the bottom of the lfg you will see a lot of smaller groups with a high chance of the map beeing not full.

i think player cap for lab is 25 though.

that said, lfg in its current form still needs a lot of work. it looks more than a hastly impimentet feature that a well reconsidered tool.