Titles returning - Win trading about to be at an all time high?

mes.4607

If duo queue and titles will exist in the same season again, we're about to be in for one heck of a ride. Better buckle up and hope the losing win trader isn't on your team!

In all seriousness - ANet, you have to perma ban win traders. I know you said you did your research and short term bans are supposed to "rehabilitate" cheaters, but enough is enough. Drop the ultimate ban hammer. Shoot, maybe even IP ban. Sick of it

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> If duo queue and titles will exist in the same season again, we're about to be in for one heck of a ride. Better buckle up and hope the losing win trader isn't on your team!

>

> In all seriousness - ANet, you have to perma ban win traders. I know you said you did your research and short term bans are supposed to "rehabilitate" cheaters, but enough is enough. Drop the ultimate ban hammer. Shoot, maybe even IP ban. Sick of it

Many of us have been screaming for this forever man. The win trading good old days will return and the most they will do is give them a little itty bitty slap on the wrist.

> @"Devilman.1532" said:

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > If duo queue and titles will exist in the same season again, we're about to be in for one heck of a ride. Better buckle up and hope the losing win trader isn't on your team!

> >

> > In all seriousness - ANet, you have to perma ban win traders. I know you said you did your research and short term bans are supposed to "rehabilitate" cheaters, but enough is enough. Drop the ultimate ban hammer. Shoot, maybe even IP ban. Sick of it

>

> Many of us have been screaming for this forever man. The win trading good old days will return and the most they will do is give them a little itty bitty slap on the wrist.

>

I don't mean to speak negatively on the ANet team when I say this. It really is a slap on the wrist. All people do is play on an alt account for the small amount of time they're banned for win trading. Win trading isn't only something that happens in GW2 PvP. WoW, etc. all have it happen. Those win traders get sent to hell. ANet needs to do the same

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > @"Devilman.1532" said:

> > > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > If duo queue and titles will exist in the same season again, we're about to be in for one heck of a ride. Better buckle up and hope the losing win trader isn't on your team!

> > >

> > > In all seriousness - ANet, you have to perma ban win traders. I know you said you did your research and short term bans are supposed to "rehabilitate" cheaters, but enough is enough. Drop the ultimate ban hammer. Shoot, maybe even IP ban. Sick of it

> >

> > Many of us have been screaming for this forever man. The win trading good old days will return and the most they will do is give them a little itty bitty slap on the wrist.

> >

>

> I don't mean to speak negatively on the ANet team when I say this. It really is a slap on the wrist. All people do is play on an alt account for the small amount of time they're banned for win trading. Win trading isn't only something that happens in GW2 PvP. WoW, etc. all have it happen. Those win traders get sent to hell. ANet needs to do the same

THIS x 100000000

> @"breno.5423" said:

> "Win trade"

> Dude, who actually do this? 0,1% of players?

>

> Solution is anet to supervise and punish players, not to remove game features because of them.

It doesn't matter if only 2 players do it. 1 player can throw a game so their friend on the other team wins - sending 4 people's MMR on a downward spiral straight to hell. I've seen it happen to friends who were unlucky enough to end up in the same match as the win traders.

ANet so far hasn't done that solution. It doesn't even look like they will. Thus... duo queue and titles cannot coexist in the same season. Period!

Wintrading is significantly worse with solo que.

Duo que actually helps prevent wintrading because 2 people can actually carry a match if a wintrader decides to afk or throw. With solo que only, if someone on your team afks, the match is lost 99% of the time.

Also, I have no interest in playing in a ranked gamemode where ranking means nothing. Solo que returning means ranked just becomes a gold grind as there's nothing fun about sweating to win when you have 4 RNG teammates that can be useless even in plat 3. If you want to kill the population off even further, permanently ban wintraders and bring solo que back.

For those who actually enjoy competition and skill-based matches, duo que is the way to go. This season's matches have been much more entertaining because a lot of high tier players actually came back to play ranked. This also means that players gold and below have a lower chance of getting matched up against plat players because the matchmaker now has enough people of a similar rating to choose from. The population quing ranked would've been even higher this season if there were titles (an incentive to play). However, titles are coming back next season and if duo que stays, we will likely have the best PvP season since duo que was removed.

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > @"breno.5423" said:

> > "Win trade"

> > Dude, who actually do this? 0,1% of players?

> >

> > Solution is anet to supervise and punish players, not to remove game features because of them.

>

> It doesn't matter if only 2 players do it. 1 player can throw a game so their friend on the other team wins - sending 4 people's MMR on a downward spiral straight to hell. I've seen it happen to friends who were unlucky enough to end up in the same match as the win traders.

>

> ANet so far hasn't done that solution. It doesn't even look like they will. Thus... duo queue and titles cannot coexist in the same season. Period!

These complains still doesn't make sense.

Whats ir YOUR solution? Remove everything and kill sPvP completelly just like is happening in this season?

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> Also, I have no interest in playing in a ranked gamemode where ranking means nothing.

> @"breno.5423" said:

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > "Win trade"

> > > Dude, who actually do this? 0,1% of players?

> > >

> > > Solution is anet to supervise and punish players, not to remove game features because of them.

> >

> > It doesn't matter if only 2 players do it. 1 player can throw a game so their friend on the other team wins - sending 4 people's MMR on a downward spiral straight to hell. I've seen it happen to friends who were unlucky enough to end up in the same match as the win traders.

> >

> > ANet so far hasn't done that solution. It doesn't even look like they will. Thus... duo queue and titles cannot coexist in the same season. Period!

>

> These complains still doesn't make sense.

> Whats ir YOUR solution? Remove everything and kill sPvP completelly just like is happening in this season?

LOL. I said my solution. Stop over reacting. Are you seriously acting like this season with duo queue was amazing? The population is still LOW! It didn't change anything. The rewards were terrible too and they knew it. I've played this game since its inception. I've been through each season. I'm telling you right now - next season is going to be a clown fiesta if duo queue + titles coexist in the same season

> Wintrading is significantly worse with solo que.

>

> Duo que actually helps prevent wintrading because 2 people can actually carry a match if a wintrader decides to afk or throw. With solo que only, if someone afks, the match is lost 99% of the time.

>

> Also, I have no interest in playing in a ranked gamemode where ranking means nothing. Solo que returning means ranked just becomes a gold grind as there's nothing fun about sweating to win when you have 4 RNG teammates that can be useless even in plat 3. If you want to kill the population off even further, permanently ban wintraders and bring solo que back.

>

> For those who actually enjoy competition and skill-based matches, duo que is the way to go. This season's matches have been much more entertaining because a lot of high tier players actually came back to play ranked. This also means that players gold and below have a lower chance of getting matched up against plat players because the matchmaker now has enough people of a similar rating to choose from. The population quing ranked would've been even higher this season if there were titles (an incentive to play). However, titles are coming back next season and if duo que stays, we will likely have the best PvP season since duo que was removed.

Hey Shadow. Who came back to play ranked? The population still seems as low as ever. I do feel like players overall are getting better though. Do you remember the season we had duo queue and titles at the same time? The population was still low. People were still cheating. How would going back to that system change anything? People keep making claims like we will get a flood of people coming back because of duo queue but... It's still the same.

If I could only have 1 of my wishes granted... I would wish for perma bans against anyone caught cheating. If you have to cheat to get it... you don't deserve it

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > Wintrading is significantly worse with solo que.

> >

> > Duo que actually helps prevent wintrading because 2 people can actually carry a match if a wintrader decides to afk or throw. With solo que only, if someone afks, the match is lost 99% of the time.

> >

> > Also, I have no interest in playing in a ranked gamemode where ranking means nothing. Solo que returning means ranked just becomes a gold grind as there's nothing fun about sweating to win when you have 4 RNG teammates that can be useless even in plat 3. If you want to kill the population off even further, permanently ban wintraders and bring solo que back.

> >

> > For those who actually enjoy competition and skill-based matches, duo que is the way to go. This season's matches have been much more entertaining because a lot of high tier players actually came back to play ranked. This also means that players gold and below have a lower chance of getting matched up against plat players because the matchmaker now has enough people of a similar rating to choose from. The population quing ranked would've been even higher this season if there were titles (an incentive to play). However, titles are coming back next season and if duo que stays, we will likely have the best PvP season since duo que was removed.

>

> Hey Shadow. Who came back to play ranked? The population still seems as low as ever. I do feel like players overall are getting better though. Do you remember the season we had duo queue and titles at the same time? The population was still low. People were still cheating. How would going back to that system change anything? People keep making claims like we will get a flood of people coming back because of duo queue but... It's still the same.

>

> If I could only have 1 of my wishes granted... I would wish for perma bans against anyone caught cheating. If you have to cheat to get it... you don't deserve it

If you played at the beginning of this season, you would've noticed that a lot more top tier players came back to que.

However, they (as have I), realized that the rewards are so nonexistent that even though the ques are more fun and balanced, there's no reason to play outside of the gold you gain per match.

We're friends and all, but I won't budge on this. Forced solo que was hands-down the WORST experience I have ever had in this game. I'm saying this as someone who chose to play 95% of my matches solo que even when team ques were a thing. It's a horrible idea to restrict people's abilities to play with their friends on an online game.

And no, the population was much, much higher back when team ques/duo ques existed. Hundreds of PvP guilds died the instant Anet removed the ability to play with friends. Every 6 hours in an AT that not everyone can make isn't enough. Neither is unranked or WvW. I introduced many of my friends to GW2 so we could compete in sPvP together. We used to play team que together for years. It's a crappy feeling to see them all quit because that aspect of the game was removed.

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > Wintrading is significantly worse with solo que.

> > >

> > > Duo que actually helps prevent wintrading because 2 people can actually carry a match if a wintrader decides to afk or throw. With solo que only, if someone afks, the match is lost 99% of the time.

> > >

> > > Also, I have no interest in playing in a ranked gamemode where ranking means nothing. Solo que returning means ranked just becomes a gold grind as there's nothing fun about sweating to win when you have 4 RNG teammates that can be useless even in plat 3. If you want to kill the population off even further, permanently ban wintraders and bring solo que back.

> > >

> > > For those who actually enjoy competition and skill-based matches, duo que is the way to go. This season's matches have been much more entertaining because a lot of high tier players actually came back to play ranked. This also means that players gold and below have a lower chance of getting matched up against plat players because the matchmaker now has enough people of a similar rating to choose from. The population quing ranked would've been even higher this season if there were titles (an incentive to play). However, titles are coming back next season and if duo que stays, we will likely have the best PvP season since duo que was removed.

> >

> > Hey Shadow. Who came back to play ranked? The population still seems as low as ever. I do feel like players overall are getting better though. Do you remember the season we had duo queue and titles at the same time? The population was still low. People were still cheating. How would going back to that system change anything? People keep making claims like we will get a flood of people coming back because of duo queue but... It's still the same.

> >

> > If I could only have 1 of my wishes granted... I would wish for perma bans against anyone caught cheating. If you have to cheat to get it... you don't deserve it

>

> If you played at the beginning of this season, you would've noticed that a lot more top tier players came back to que.

>

> However, they (as have I), realized that the rewards are so nonexistent that even though the ques are more fun and balanced, there's no reason to play outside of the gold you gain per match.

>

> We're friends and all, but I won't budge on this. Forced solo que was hands-down the WORST experience I have ever had in this game. I'm saying this as someone who chose to play 95% of my matches solo que even when team ques were a thing. It's a horrible idea to restrict people's abilities to play with their friends on an online game.

>

> And no, the population was much, much higher back when team ques/duo ques existed. Hundreds of PvP guilds died the instant Anet removed the ability to play with friends. Every 6 hours in an AT that not everyone can make isn't enough. Neither is unranked or WvW. I introduced many of my friends to GW2 so we could compete in sPvP together. We used to play team que together for years. It's a crappy feeling to see them all quit because that aspect of the game was removed.

I'm going to be honest - I didn't try last season or this season. Last season I needed a break from grinding MMR and this season I'm not playing for potions. I will play if someone asks me though (duo queue ecksdee).

No worries, I appreciate your honesty. I know this topic is as old as time. :)

I loved forced solo queue. Those seasons were the best for me (I'm big on playing solo and feel some people have a monopoly on duo queue partners). If ANet makes next season duo queue + titles (which I hope they don't) they need to get serious on perma banning cheaters.

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > Wintrading is significantly worse with solo que.

> > > >

> > > > Duo que actually helps prevent wintrading because 2 people can actually carry a match if a wintrader decides to afk or throw. With solo que only, if someone afks, the match is lost 99% of the time.

> > > >

> > > > Also, I have no interest in playing in a ranked gamemode where ranking means nothing. Solo que returning means ranked just becomes a gold grind as there's nothing fun about sweating to win when you have 4 RNG teammates that can be useless even in plat 3. If you want to kill the population off even further, permanently ban wintraders and bring solo que back.

> > > >

> > > > For those who actually enjoy competition and skill-based matches, duo que is the way to go. This season's matches have been much more entertaining because a lot of high tier players actually came back to play ranked. This also means that players gold and below have a lower chance of getting matched up against plat players because the matchmaker now has enough people of a similar rating to choose from. The population quing ranked would've been even higher this season if there were titles (an incentive to play). However, titles are coming back next season and if duo que stays, we will likely have the best PvP season since duo que was removed.

> > >

> > > Hey Shadow. Who came back to play ranked? The population still seems as low as ever. I do feel like players overall are getting better though. Do you remember the season we had duo queue and titles at the same time? The population was still low. People were still cheating. How would going back to that system change anything? People keep making claims like we will get a flood of people coming back because of duo queue but... It's still the same.

> > >

> > > If I could only have 1 of my wishes granted... I would wish for perma bans against anyone caught cheating. If you have to cheat to get it... you don't deserve it

> >

> > If you played at the beginning of this season, you would've noticed that a lot more top tier players came back to que.

> >

> > However, they (as have I), realized that the rewards are so nonexistent that even though the ques are more fun and balanced, there's no reason to play outside of the gold you gain per match.

> >

> > We're friends and all, but I won't budge on this. Forced solo que was hands-down the WORST experience I have ever had in this game. I'm saying this as someone who chose to play 95% of my matches solo que even when team ques were a thing. It's a horrible idea to restrict people's abilities to play with their friends on an online game.

> >

> > And no, the population was much, much higher back when team ques/duo ques existed. Hundreds of PvP guilds died the instant Anet removed the ability to play with friends. Every 6 hours in an AT that not everyone can make isn't enough. Neither is unranked or WvW. I introduced many of my friends to GW2 so we could compete in sPvP together. We used to play team que together for years. It's a crappy feeling to see them all quit because that aspect of the game was removed.

>

> I'm going to be honest - I didn't try last season or this season. Last season I needed a break from grinding MMR and this season I'm not playing for potions. I will play if someone asks me though (duo queue ecksdee).

>

> No worries, I appreciate your honesty. I know this topic is as old as time. :)

>

> I loved forced solo queue. Those seasons were the best for me (I'm big on playing solo and feel some people have a monopoly on duo queue partners). If ANet makes next season duo queue + titles (which I hope they don't) they need to get serious on perma banning cheaters.

As always, nothing but respect for you buddy.

I've been screwed over by wintrading in the past. As you know, 2 seasons ago I consulted you about whether or not to que for the push from rank 2 to rank 1 even though the frenchies were wintrading at the time. That ended up badly for me as I lost the match and dropped off the top 10. However, situations like that can be avoided if I have a very good partner to que with. Even if they wintraded and a player on my team afk'd, the two of us could still win the match if we played out of our minds. This is one of the reasons why I heavily advocate for duo que.

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > Wintrading is significantly worse with solo que.

> > > > >

> > > > > Duo que actually helps prevent wintrading because 2 people can actually carry a match if a wintrader decides to afk or throw. With solo que only, if someone afks, the match is lost 99% of the time.

> > > > >

> > > > > Also, I have no interest in playing in a ranked gamemode where ranking means nothing. Solo que returning means ranked just becomes a gold grind as there's nothing fun about sweating to win when you have 4 RNG teammates that can be useless even in plat 3. If you want to kill the population off even further, permanently ban wintraders and bring solo que back.

> > > > >

> > > > > For those who actually enjoy competition and skill-based matches, duo que is the way to go. This season's matches have been much more entertaining because a lot of high tier players actually came back to play ranked. This also means that players gold and below have a lower chance of getting matched up against plat players because the matchmaker now has enough people of a similar rating to choose from. The population quing ranked would've been even higher this season if there were titles (an incentive to play). However, titles are coming back next season and if duo que stays, we will likely have the best PvP season since duo que was removed.

> > > >

> > > > Hey Shadow. Who came back to play ranked? The population still seems as low as ever. I do feel like players overall are getting better though. Do you remember the season we had duo queue and titles at the same time? The population was still low. People were still cheating. How would going back to that system change anything? People keep making claims like we will get a flood of people coming back because of duo queue but... It's still the same.

> > > >

> > > > If I could only have 1 of my wishes granted... I would wish for perma bans against anyone caught cheating. If you have to cheat to get it... you don't deserve it

> > >

> > > If you played at the beginning of this season, you would've noticed that a lot more top tier players came back to que.

> > >

> > > However, they (as have I), realized that the rewards are so nonexistent that even though the ques are more fun and balanced, there's no reason to play outside of the gold you gain per match.

> > >

> > > We're friends and all, but I won't budge on this. Forced solo que was hands-down the WORST experience I have ever had in this game. I'm saying this as someone who chose to play 95% of my matches solo que even when team ques were a thing. It's a horrible idea to restrict people's abilities to play with their friends on an online game.

> > >

> > > And no, the population was much, much higher back when team ques/duo ques existed. Hundreds of PvP guilds died the instant Anet removed the ability to play with friends. Every 6 hours in an AT that not everyone can make isn't enough. Neither is unranked or WvW. I introduced many of my friends to GW2 so we could compete in sPvP together. We used to play team que together for years. It's a crappy feeling to see them all quit because that aspect of the game was removed.

> >

> > I'm going to be honest - I didn't try last season or this season. Last season I needed a break from grinding MMR and this season I'm not playing for potions. I will play if someone asks me though (duo queue ecksdee).

> >

> > No worries, I appreciate your honesty. I know this topic is as old as time. :)

> >

> > I loved forced solo queue. Those seasons were the best for me (I'm big on playing solo and feel some people have a monopoly on duo queue partners). If ANet makes next season duo queue + titles (which I hope they don't) they need to get serious on perma banning cheaters.

>

> As always, nothing but respect for you buddy.

>

> I've been screwed over by wintrading in the past. As you know, 2 seasons ago I consulted you about whether or not to que for the push from rank 2 to rank 1 even though the frenchies were wintrading at the time. That ended up badly for me as I lost the match and dropped off the top 10. However, situations like that can be avoided if I have a very good partner to que with. Even if they wintraded and a player on my team afk'd, the two of us could still win the match if we played out of our minds. This is one of the reasons why I heavily advocate for duo que.

I remember that... I felt bad. I didn't think ANet would ban the cheaters at the time (for 3 months) meaning you could have placed within the top 3 if you didn't play. What you're saying is very convincing, but winning a 4v5 is hard for anyone (duo queue or not). I think in a normal 5v5 your chances of winning are higher if you have a great duo queue partner. If the other team has a strong duo queue as well it's kind of a coin toss sometimes.

I'm interested in seeing what ANet eventually says about next season

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > Wintrading is significantly worse with solo que.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Duo que actually helps prevent wintrading because 2 people can actually carry a match if a wintrader decides to afk or throw. With solo que only, if someone afks, the match is lost 99% of the time.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Also, I have no interest in playing in a ranked gamemode where ranking means nothing. Solo que returning means ranked just becomes a gold grind as there's nothing fun about sweating to win when you have 4 RNG teammates that can be useless even in plat 3. If you want to kill the population off even further, permanently ban wintraders and bring solo que back.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > For those who actually enjoy competition and skill-based matches, duo que is the way to go. This season's matches have been much more entertaining because a lot of high tier players actually came back to play ranked. This also means that players gold and below have a lower chance of getting matched up against plat players because the matchmaker now has enough people of a similar rating to choose from. The population quing ranked would've been even higher this season if there were titles (an incentive to play). However, titles are coming back next season and if duo que stays, we will likely have the best PvP season since duo que was removed.

> > > > >

> > > > > Hey Shadow. Who came back to play ranked? The population still seems as low as ever. I do feel like players overall are getting better though. Do you remember the season we had duo queue and titles at the same time? The population was still low. People were still cheating. How would going back to that system change anything? People keep making claims like we will get a flood of people coming back because of duo queue but... It's still the same.

> > > > >

> > > > > If I could only have 1 of my wishes granted... I would wish for perma bans against anyone caught cheating. If you have to cheat to get it... you don't deserve it

> > > >

> > > > If you played at the beginning of this season, you would've noticed that a lot more top tier players came back to que.

> > > >

> > > > However, they (as have I), realized that the rewards are so nonexistent that even though the ques are more fun and balanced, there's no reason to play outside of the gold you gain per match.

> > > >

> > > > We're friends and all, but I won't budge on this. Forced solo que was hands-down the WORST experience I have ever had in this game. I'm saying this as someone who chose to play 95% of my matches solo que even when team ques were a thing. It's a horrible idea to restrict people's abilities to play with their friends on an online game.

> > > >

> > > > And no, the population was much, much higher back when team ques/duo ques existed. Hundreds of PvP guilds died the instant Anet removed the ability to play with friends. Every 6 hours in an AT that not everyone can make isn't enough. Neither is unranked or WvW. I introduced many of my friends to GW2 so we could compete in sPvP together. We used to play team que together for years. It's a crappy feeling to see them all quit because that aspect of the game was removed.

> > >

> > > I'm going to be honest - I didn't try last season or this season. Last season I needed a break from grinding MMR and this season I'm not playing for potions. I will play if someone asks me though (duo queue ecksdee).

> > >

> > > No worries, I appreciate your honesty. I know this topic is as old as time. :)

> > >

> > > I loved forced solo queue. Those seasons were the best for me (I'm big on playing solo and feel some people have a monopoly on duo queue partners). If ANet makes next season duo queue + titles (which I hope they don't) they need to get serious on perma banning cheaters.

> >

> > As always, nothing but respect for you buddy.

> >

> > I've been screwed over by wintrading in the past. As you know, 2 seasons ago I consulted you about whether or not to que for the push from rank 2 to rank 1 even though the frenchies were wintrading at the time. That ended up badly for me as I lost the match and dropped off the top 10. However, situations like that can be avoided if I have a very good partner to que with. Even if they wintraded and a player on my team afk'd, the two of us could still win the match if we played out of our minds. This is one of the reasons why I heavily advocate for duo que.

>

> I remember that... I felt bad. I didn't think ANet would ban the cheaters at the time (for 3 months) meaning you could have placed within the top 3 if you didn't play. What you're saying is very convincing, but winning a 4v5 is hard for anyone (duo queue or not). I think in a normal 5v5 your chances of winning are higher if you have a great duo queue partner. If the other team has a strong duo queue as well it's kind of a coin toss sometimes.

>

> I'm interested in seeing what ANet eventually says about next season

Haha it's alright. Stung a bit more when I found out titles were removed.

But yeah, 4v5s are hard for anyone, even as a duo que. However, they are much harder when you're playing alone. At least with a duo you have a chance (however small it may be) to still win. When you're solo, it's impossible.

As for duo vs. duo, those matches are very fun. In my opinion, outplaying a duo through good teamwork and communication is way more satisfying than beating a good solo player simply because his teammates were bad. As always, it is very hard to carry 4 other players on your team. With 3 nodes, even if you win the one you're at, your team can still lose the other two.

> And no, the population was much, much higher back when team ques/duo ques existed. Hundreds of PvP guilds died the instant Anet removed the ability to play with friends.

And hundreds of soloPlayer arrived.

I really think what they did give a a stroke of freshness. (in detriment of guild yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if they say that more player were playing after.)

If they didn't do that, I will probably always be in WvW.

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > > > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > > > > > Wintrading is significantly worse with solo que.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Duo que actually helps prevent wintrading because 2 people can actually carry a match if a wintrader decides to afk or throw. With solo que only, if someone afks, the match is lost 99% of the time.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Also, I have no interest in playing in a ranked gamemode where ranking means nothing. Solo que returning means ranked just becomes a gold grind as there's nothing fun about sweating to win when you have 4 RNG teammates that can be useless even in plat 3. If you want to kill the population off even further, permanently ban wintraders and bring solo que back.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > For those who actually enjoy competition and skill-based matches, duo que is the way to go. This season's matches have been much more entertaining because a lot of high tier players actually came back to play ranked. This also means that players gold and below have a lower chance of getting matched up against plat players because the matchmaker now has enough people of a similar rating to choose from. The population quing ranked would've been even higher this season if there were titles (an incentive to play). However, titles are coming back next season and if duo que stays, we will likely have the best PvP season since duo que was removed.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hey Shadow. Who came back to play ranked? The population still seems as low as ever. I do feel like players overall are getting better though. Do you remember the season we had duo queue and titles at the same time? The population was still low. People were still cheating. How would going back to that system change anything? People keep making claims like we will get a flood of people coming back because of duo queue but... It's still the same.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If I could only have 1 of my wishes granted... I would wish for perma bans against anyone caught cheating. If you have to cheat to get it... you don't deserve it

> > > > >

> > > > > If you played at the beginning of this season, you would've noticed that a lot more top tier players came back to que.

> > > > >

> > > > > However, they (as have I), realized that the rewards are so nonexistent that even though the ques are more fun and balanced, there's no reason to play outside of the gold you gain per match.

> > > > >

> > > > > We're friends and all, but I won't budge on this. Forced solo que was hands-down the WORST experience I have ever had in this game. I'm saying this as someone who chose to play 95% of my matches solo que even when team ques were a thing. It's a horrible idea to restrict people's abilities to play with their friends on an online game.

> > > > >

> > > > > And no, the population was much, much higher back when team ques/duo ques existed. Hundreds of PvP guilds died the instant Anet removed the ability to play with friends. Every 6 hours in an AT that not everyone can make isn't enough. Neither is unranked or WvW. I introduced many of my friends to GW2 so we could compete in sPvP together. We used to play team que together for years. It's a crappy feeling to see them all quit because that aspect of the game was removed.

> > > >

> > > > I'm going to be honest - I didn't try last season or this season. Last season I needed a break from grinding MMR and this season I'm not playing for potions. I will play if someone asks me though (duo queue ecksdee).

> > > >

> > > > No worries, I appreciate your honesty. I know this topic is as old as time. :)

> > > >

> > > > I loved forced solo queue. Those seasons were the best for me (I'm big on playing solo and feel some people have a monopoly on duo queue partners). If ANet makes next season duo queue + titles (which I hope they don't) they need to get serious on perma banning cheaters.

> > >

> > > As always, nothing but respect for you buddy.

> > >

> > > I've been screwed over by wintrading in the past. As you know, 2 seasons ago I consulted you about whether or not to que for the push from rank 2 to rank 1 even though the frenchies were wintrading at the time. That ended up badly for me as I lost the match and dropped off the top 10. However, situations like that can be avoided if I have a very good partner to que with. Even if they wintraded and a player on my team afk'd, the two of us could still win the match if we played out of our minds. This is one of the reasons why I heavily advocate for duo que.

> >

> > I remember that... I felt bad. I didn't think ANet would ban the cheaters at the time (for 3 months) meaning you could have placed within the top 3 if you didn't play. What you're saying is very convincing, but winning a 4v5 is hard for anyone (duo queue or not). I think in a normal 5v5 your chances of winning are higher if you have a great duo queue partner. If the other team has a strong duo queue as well it's kind of a coin toss sometimes.

> >

> > I'm interested in seeing what ANet eventually says about next season

>

> Haha it's alright. Stung a bit more when I found out titles were removed.

>

> But yeah, 4v5s are hard for anyone, even as a duo que. However, they are much harder when you're playing alone. At least with a duo you have a chance (however small it may be) to still win. When you're solo, it's impossible.

>

> As for duo vs. duo, those matches are very fun. In my opinion, outplaying a duo through good teamwork and communication is way more satisfying than beating a good solo player simply because his teammates were bad. As always, it is very hard to carry 4 other players on your team. With 3 nodes, even if you win the one you're at, your team can still lose the other two.

There have been far less complaints during the season about duo q than one would have expected considering all the resistance to the idea. I am not saying there have been zero complaints, but they are hardly noticeable imo. Honestly, I also felt like there were just a bit more people in rotation this season.

I am not saying that it affected anyone below 1600, that has always been there. But perhaps a few came back who fell within those ranges normally.

This one will pray that the next step is to unlock teams.

There is a easy solution to this. Just put them in Low Priority queue. That way they can only team up with other randoms, who are match manipulation offenders. Or they can duo with a friend and the two can only queue onto a team of LP players. No banns needed and it solves most of this problem. It works in Smite and DOTA2.

> @"viquing.8254" said:

> > And no, the population was much, much higher back when team ques/duo ques existed. Hundreds of PvP guilds died the instant Anet removed the ability to play with friends.

> And hundreds of soloPlayer arrived.

> I really think what they did give a a stroke of freshness. (in detriment of guild yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if they say that more player were playing after.)

> If they didn't do that, I will probably always be in WvW.

>

>

Just think about that for a second.

Hundreds of PvP guilds = thousands of teams. Each team is comprised of 5 players.

If a PvP guild had 500 people, they had 100 teams. If that guild died because of solo que, GW2 would've lost 500 people. Since dozens of guilds died, the game lost thousands of players. Keep in mind, those players could've recommended the game to their friends so they could all play together. So, GW2 lost out on even more potential players.

If you trade 10 full guilds for 1000 solo que players, the game still lost out on 4000 players. Even if those guilds were only half full, the game still lost out on 1500 players.

> Just think about that for a second.

>

> Hundreds of PvP guilds = thousands of teams. Each team is comprised of 5 players.

>

> If a PvP guild had 500 people, they had 100 teams. If that guild died because of solo que, GW2 would've lost 500 people. Since dozens of guilds died, the game lost thousands of players. Keep in mind, those players could've recommended the game to their friends so they could all play together. So, GW2 lost out on even more potential players.

>

> If you trade 10 full guilds for 1000 solo que players, the game still lost out on 4000 players. Even if those guilds were only half full, the game still lost out on 1500 players.

I think that if the ratio was more leaver than new comer they would not leave soloQ as is. They would have put back in place 5 teamQ directly.

And honestly, some former top teamQ players were humanly unhealthy (as good as they can be.).

The solution with AT and soloQ is probably the one who satisfies everyone. Especially that they will improve AT for thoses interested to invest in 5v5.

PS : by experience, guilds often bring more bad mood than anything else. And I am convinced that create create micro bubbles in a mmorpg is never a good idea.

In gw2, we saw it in PvP and WvW (guilds destroy to a large degree WvW servers and anet accentuate the destruction by giving them more impacts than ever with HoT.).

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > @"breno.5423" said:

> > "Win trade"

> > Dude, who actually do this? 0,1% of players?

> >

> > Solution is anet to supervise and punish players, not to remove game features because of them.

>

> It doesn't matter if only 2 players do it. 1 player can throw a game so their friend on the other team wins - sending 4 people's MMR on a downward spiral straight to hell. I've seen it happen to friends who were unlucky enough to end up in the same match as the win traders.

>

> ANet so far hasn't done that solution. It doesn't even look like they will. Thus... duo queue and titles cannot coexist in the same season. Period!

5 man queue instead :)

> @"Troll.7854" said:

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > "Win trade"

> > > Dude, who actually do this? 0,1% of players?

> > >

> > > Solution is anet to supervise and punish players, not to remove game features because of them.

> >

> > It doesn't matter if only 2 players do it. 1 player can throw a game so their friend on the other team wins - sending 4 people's MMR on a downward spiral straight to hell. I've seen it happen to friends who were unlucky enough to end up in the same match as the win traders.

> >

> > ANet so far hasn't done that solution. It doesn't even look like they will. Thus... duo queue and titles cannot coexist in the same season. Period!

>

> 5 man queue instead :)

Woo! That would be one hot winter. The avengers of win trading would appear

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > @"Troll.7854" said:

> > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > "Win trade"

> > > > Dude, who actually do this? 0,1% of players?

> > > >

> > > > Solution is anet to supervise and punish players, not to remove game features because of them.

> > >

> > > It doesn't matter if only 2 players do it. 1 player can throw a game so their friend on the other team wins - sending 4 people's MMR on a downward spiral straight to hell. I've seen it happen to friends who were unlucky enough to end up in the same match as the win traders.

> > >

> > > ANet so far hasn't done that solution. It doesn't even look like they will. Thus... duo queue and titles cannot coexist in the same season. Period!

> >

> > 5 man queue instead :)

>

> Woo! That would be one hot winter. The avengers of win trading would appear

How do u wintrade when there's 5 player Q on ur team and 5 player Q on enemy team. :THONKING:

> @"Troll.7854" said:

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > @"Troll.7854" said:

> > > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > "Win trade"

> > > > > Dude, who actually do this? 0,1% of players?

> > > > >

> > > > > Solution is anet to supervise and punish players, not to remove game features because of them.

> > > >

> > > > It doesn't matter if only 2 players do it. 1 player can throw a game so their friend on the other team wins - sending 4 people's MMR on a downward spiral straight to hell. I've seen it happen to friends who were unlucky enough to end up in the same match as the win traders.

> > > >

> > > > ANet so far hasn't done that solution. It doesn't even look like they will. Thus... duo queue and titles cannot coexist in the same season. Period!

> > >

> > > 5 man queue instead :)

> >

> > Woo! That would be one hot winter. The avengers of win trading would appear

>

> How do u wintrade when there's 5 player Q on ur team and 5 player Q on enemy team. :THONKING:

Hey Troll, I'll help you out. One 5 q is the winning team, the other 5 q is the losing team. Sync queues. Easy. You're welcome