Staff DD..for roaming

Rysdude.3824

Hello,

I've been encountering more Staff Daredevils lately while roaming in WvW which has peaked my interest in the spec. I've never played Thief before so it will be a learning process for me. I see this build from metabattle: https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Daredevil_-_Staff_Daredevil. While I understand it's more suited for GvG, I wanted to ask the experts if there is anything to modify (traits, armor, etc) for a roaming/havoc style of play?

For roaming, with that build you would want to change Havoc Mastery to Brawler's Tenacity and Staff Master to Escapist's Absolution. This would change DrD to 3-2-3.

I'd personally have all Marauader, and change your runes to Durability. Elite skill is a toss up between Basilisk Venom and Dagger Storm. The stun in nice, but Dagger Storm can get you out of a lot of sticky situations.

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> For roaming, with that build you would want to change Havoc Mastery to Brawler's Tenacity and Staff Master to Escapist's Absolution. This would change DrD to 3-2-3.

> I'd personally have all Marauader, and change your runes to Durability. Elite skill is a toss up between Basilisk Venom and Dagger Storm. The stun in nice, but Dagger Storm can get you out of a lot of sticky situations.

Thank you! Very helpful. Would you recommend keeping shortbow for the offhand as well?

> @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > For roaming, with that build you would want to change Havoc Mastery to Brawler's Tenacity and Staff Master to Escapist's Absolution. This would change DrD to 3-2-3.

> > I'd personally have all Marauader, and change your runes to Durability. Elite skill is a toss up between Basilisk Venom and Dagger Storm. The stun in nice, but Dagger Storm can get you out of a lot of sticky situations.

>

> Thank you! Very helpful. Would you recommend keeping shortbow for the offhand as well?

>

>

When I solo roam with Staff DrD I generally use D/P as my offset for either a surprise engagement or an escape if things go sour. If I join a few allies and roam around in a small group then I'll swap that offset to Shortbow.

> @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > For roaming, with that build you would want to change Havoc Mastery to Brawler's Tenacity and Staff Master to Escapist's Absolution. This would change DrD to 3-2-3.

> > I'd personally have all Marauader, and change your runes to Durability. Elite skill is a toss up between Basilisk Venom and Dagger Storm. The stun in nice, but Dagger Storm can get you out of a lot of sticky situations.

>

> Thank you! Very helpful. Would you recommend keeping shortbow for the offhand as well?

>

>

dont need it tbh, u can dodge ur self out of situations, use d/p and dodge in ur smoke field to get you out of enemy eye and ur good.

i roam with staff build, mainly cus im to lazy to switch to other roaming build.

i have full marauder tho, and im using daredevil runes tho i doubt runes make a huge different in roaming with staff build. i just love the crit after dodge :D.

and instead of accuracy rune i have stamina but that blows for roaming i dont even know if it performs good in blob fights/gvg but as i mentioned before im lazy and i dont have problem the way i go now.

only thing i sometimes change when im not lazy is acro to > crit and then 3 2 1 in traits and put Assassins signet instead of bandit deffense and smash on full zerk armor with scholar runes, it will wreck most people in 1/2 hits but u lose alot also in deffense so basically kill or die situation when u go like that.

I myself prefer Staff mastery over EA in a staff focused build. Coupled with Acro the endurance regen is tremendous meaning lots of dodges. I then use PR as an added cleanse given the combo of dodges and weapon evades will rarely see a kickin for Instant reflexes.

A lot depends on your style of fight and the opponents you face. As example when I am on a condition build facing a staff user who I know has EA I just load the conditions on during a vulnerable frame in a burst and lay off attacking. He tries to use EA to cleanse and gets nowhere. IF however I am with a group of people who keep attacking after I put those conditions on, they give him a chance to cleanse. EA tends to become more effective when there more enemies at a time.