> > @"TamX.1870" said:

> > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > @"TamX.1870" said:

> > > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > Remove ranked, and replace that part with premade tournaments

> > >

> > > So what about soloq dudes?

> >

> > Soloq goes either to unranked, or to deathmatch.

>

> Then me and many others will simply quit as a lot of us don't have time to schedule our hobby around other people.

I say let them leave...without a serious NEED for people to form groups a real live pvp community cant be formed.

A MMO should not compromise for "people who cant schedule their hobby round other people" lol jesus...its a group-based game.

> @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > @"Griever.8150" said:

> > > @"TamX.1870" said:

> > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > @"TamX.1870" said:

> > > > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > Remove ranked, and replace that part with premade tournaments

> > > >

> > > > So what about soloq dudes?

> > >

> > > Soloq goes either to unranked, or to deathmatch.

> >

> > Then me and many others will simply quit as a lot of us don't have time to schedule our hobby around other people.

>

> I say let them leave...without a serious NEED for people to form groups a real live pvp community cant be formed.

> A MMO should not compromise for "people who cant schedule their hobby round other people" lol jesus...its a group-based game.

>

I never said i was agains't the idea of a 5v5 ladder or more frequent tournament or absolutely anything that support or encourage people to form groups, i definitively agree PvP is lacking in that regard.

But taking away SoloQ as an option entirely is not an obligatory pre-requisite for that to happen. Both can co-exist, see : League of Legends.

Besides, how much tinier do you think this game's playerbase can get before its stop being sustainable? Have to remember that ArenaNet is a business, tied to a really greedy one at that (NCSoft). Gotta think about the bigger picture when suggesting something.

> @"Griever.8150" said:

> > @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > > @"Griever.8150" said:

> > > > @"TamX.1870" said:

> > > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > > @"TamX.1870" said:

> > > > > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > > Remove ranked, and replace that part with premade tournaments

> > > > >

> > > > > So what about soloq dudes?

> > > >

> > > > Soloq goes either to unranked, or to deathmatch.

> > >

> > > Then me and many others will simply quit as a lot of us don't have time to schedule our hobby around other people.

> >

> > I say let them leave...without a serious NEED for people to form groups a real live pvp community cant be formed.

> > A MMO should not compromise for "people who cant schedule their hobby round other people" lol jesus...its a group-based game.

> >

>

> I never said i was agains't the idea of a 5v5 ladder or more frequent tournament or absolutely anything that support or encourage people to form groups, i definitively agree PvP is lacking in that regard.

>

> But taking away SoloQ as an option entirely is not an obligatory pre-requisite for that to happen. Both can co-exist, see : League of Legends.

>

> Besides, how much tinier do you think this game's playerbase can get before its stop being sustainable? Have to remember that ArenaNet is a business, tied to a really greedy one at that (NCSoft). Gotta think about the bigger picture when suggesting something.

Like I said, in order for the community to grow and attract new players the game has to make players form groups.

Sure, both could exist but the place of solo-queue could be unranked.

> Sure, both could exist but the place of solo-queue could be unranked.

What would that accomplish, exactly?

If you really think that simply killing every game modes outside ranked 5v5 will somehow funnel everyone into it, you might be a bit disappointed.

In the current gaming landscape where there's so many games out there that people can chose from, trying to twist people's arm to play a specific mode is almost guaranteed to backfire.

> @"Griever.8150" said:

> > Sure, both could exist but the place of solo-queue could be unranked.

>

> What would that accomplish, exactly?

>

> If you really think that simply killing every game modes outside ranked 5v5 will somehow funnel everyone into it, you might be a bit disappointed.

>

> In the current gaming landscape where there's so many games out there that people can chose from, trying to twist people's arm to play a specific mode is almost guaranteed to backfire.

>

A very simple thing.

People will form groups. When you are playing with 4 other random player for all you care they might be NPCs playing with you.

Instead of what you have now you will simply use the LFG tool at first to form groups. When people form groups they communicate and before you know it instead of turning to the LFG tool you turn to the people who are online from your friends list. This creates community.

MMORPGs live and die by the community they have. This is the main problem with GW2 now.

This is not about twisting anyones arm as SoloQ will still exist. I do think that a rebalance of rewards should happen too.(I believe too many players play ranked only because of the insane gap between ranked and unranked rewards)

There are other options of course, one thing that pops to mind is leave ranked as is and create swiss-style tournaments that pop the moment there 8 groups of 5-mans ready.

> A very simple thing.

> People will form groups.

They won't. I can guarantee you, they won't. Asking players to make an lfg or join an lfg to play ranked pvp will instantly delete the entirerity of bronze-silver-gold league and a significant part of plat+.

I don't know about you, but i don't wanna play with a pvp community of about 20 people.

> @"TamX.1870" said:

> > @"breno.5423" said:

> > I don't even know why unranked exist, its completely useless.

>

> Unranked is good, it is a place for you to try out different classes and builds. It does not usually give you much to team work, but in the other hand, neither does the current ranked. Remove ranked, and replace that part with premade tournaments: make it so that unranked guides you toward premades. For "ranked pvp", make it deathmatch, so that your success is entirely on your hands, not in the hands of randomly chosen teams.

You can try builds in the FFA. Because, realistically, Unranked is more often than not going to be against really bad players so testing your build in Unranked will give a fake impression of the build compared to using it in a Ranked game. That's dangerous IMO.

Anet could also make a test gamemode where the game lasts 5 minutes and has a capture goal of 250. It'll be in a tab called "Unranked-Short" and in 5 minutes players can apply their theorycrafted builds in a short burst. Reason being is that the 15 minutes of standard Unranked is many time way too long for particularly bad meme builds that are stressful to play with and the player just wants the game to end already.

I supposed there could be an "Unranked-Standard" mode as it is right now.

> @"Spoichiche.1290" said:

> > A very simple thing.

> > People will form groups.

>

> They won't. I can guarantee you, they won't. Asking players to make an lfg or join an lfg to play ranked pvp will instantly delete the entirerity of bronze-silver-gold league and a significant part of plat+.

> I don't know about you, but i don't wanna play with a pvp community of about 20 people.

They wont huh...thats the same crap people say in WoW when sane people call for the removal of looking for dungeon tool.