How does Story work?

Avendi.7015

I recently purchased POF and was wondering does all of the mounts and story quest transfer over or do I have to redo the whole POF story quest and level up the mounts mastery again? I’m confused on how it works I’ve only ever played one toon. So I’m just wanting to know.

Mount are account bound. If you unlock the raptor mount on a single character, you can use it on any of your characters, regardless of their level. Masteries are also account bound, but you have to be level 80 to get experience for them and be able to spend mastery points on certain masteries.

The story is the only thing that is not account bound and you have to repeat it on every character. No matter if it's the vanilla story or expansion stories, all of them are bound to your character's journal.

Do you mean does it transfer over to another character, or are you asking about some other kind of transfer?

Assuming you mean is it shared between characters: mounts and masteries are, story progress is not. Once you unlock a mount or train any mastery it is available to all characters on your account, even ones below level 80.

But story progress is separate for each character. Which is actually important because there's some items which you can only get if you make certain choices in your story, so if you want all of them you need to play more than one character (for example you get a back item for one of the choices you make in PoF, and there's 3 different versions but each character can only get one).

All Masteries are account-wide. For instance, should you create a new character, said character would be able to use a Mount as soon as they leave the first L1 instance.

Each character can complete any Personal or Living World Season Episodes; stories are character-bound. Maps are not character-bound, but may require alternative means to enter.

You can read more about each topic in the Wiki (link above).

Good luck.