No legendary armor skin?

Amaranthe.3578

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"NecroSummonsMors.7816" said:

> > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > Raid Armor is Effort gated on top of being time gated.

> > > PvP Armor is JUST time gated.

> > >

> > > Seems fair to me.

> >

> > Yeah because winning a match is not a team effort especially at high level plat, if you add to that you need to do 9 seasons or repeat the last chest (byzantium ) 33 times, which is roughly about 180 pips per chest, 10 pip for win + 2 if platinum (+1 if top stats). If you do the match is winning 594 matches or 495 in platinum. So considering the low population and that the queue is kitten explain please how is not an effort legend pvp armor?

>

> You can lose every single match and still make progress. Getting legendary armor through sPvP is essentially a timesink only with winning speeding it up.

Same as getting a legendary weapon...whats your point?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > >

> > > Seems fair to me.

> >

> > Yeah because winning a match is not a team effort especially at high level plat, if you add to that you need to do 9 seasons or repeat the last chest (byzantium ) 33 times, which is roughly about 180 pips per chest, 10 pip for win + 2 if platinum (+1 if top stats). If you do the match is winning 594 matches or 495 in platinum. So considering the low population and that the queue is kitten explain please how is not an effort legend pvp armor?

>

> You can lose every single match and still make progress. Getting legendary armor through sPvP is essentially a timesink only with winning speeding it up.

Yes you can make progress by losing, you would just need 1980 pvp matches repeating byzantium chest

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > >

> > > Seems fair to me.

> >

> > Thats BS,if you try to get it by mostly losing and being a total bot you are not going to get it.

> > Winning matches takes effort o.o

>

> If you tank low enough, it's next to impossible not to start winning, unless you're a toddler. Fastest way to grind Ranked chests is by tanking to lower ranks and building up. All it takes is a **time investment.** If you think that's BS compared to getting 10 ppl textbook execution of a precise strategy for months, then you need a reality check.

Why should I tank low rating matches and not have fun, to get a legendary armor? it doesn't make sense. Getting a legendary armor should not be a matter of farming in pvp, but a matter of rewarded skill. Ence since skill requires effort especially at high pvp level, why it should not have a special armor skin? You can farm raids to the point where people don't even have to think and just move automatically, you cannot do the same in pvp.

> @"NecroSummonsMors.7816" said:

> > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > Raid Armor is Effort gated on top of being time gated.

> > > > PvP Armor is JUST time gated.

> > > >

> > > > Seems fair to me.

> > >

> > > Thats BS,if you try to get it by mostly losing and being a total bot you are not going to get it.

> > > Winning matches takes effort o.o

> >

> > If you tank low enough, it's next to impossible not to start winning, unless you're a toddler. Fastest way to grind Ranked chests is by tanking to lower ranks and building up. All it takes is a **time investment.** If you think that's BS compared to getting 10 ppl textbook execution of a precise strategy for months, then you need a reality check.

>

> Why should I tank low rating matches and not have fun, to get a legendary armor? it doesn't make sense. Getting a legendary armor should not be a matter of farming in pvp, but a matter of rewarded skill. Ence since skill requires effort especially at high pvp level, why it should not have a special armor skin? You can farm raids to the point where people don't even have to think and just move automatically, you cannot do the same in pvp.

You’re misunderstanding my words. You shouldn’t by all means. But even the worst player can get it if they tank low enough.

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > > > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > > Raid Armor is Effort gated on top of being time gated.

> > > > > PvP Armor is JUST time gated.

> > > > >

> > > > > Seems fair to me.

> > > >

> > > > Thats BS,if you try to get it by mostly losing and being a total bot you are not going to get it.

> > > > Winning matches takes effort o.o

> > >

> > > If you tank low enough, it's next to impossible not to start winning, unless you're a toddler. Fastest way to grind Ranked chests is by tanking to lower ranks and building up. All it takes is a **time investment.** If you think that's BS compared to getting 10 ppl textbook execution of a precise strategy for months, then you need a reality check.

> >

> > Why should I tank low rating matches and not have fun, to get a legendary armor? it doesn't make sense. Getting a legendary armor should not be a matter of farming in pvp, but a matter of rewarded skill. Ence since skill requires effort especially at high pvp level, why it should not have a special armor skin? You can farm raids to the point where people don't even have to think and just move automatically, you cannot do the same in pvp.

>

> You’re misunderstanding my words. You shouldn’t by all means. But even the worst player can get it if they tank low enough.

this is no argument...its not like people cant get carried on Raids, or even better, just pay for it and have a group carry you...so yeah, even the worst pve player can get a legend armor too(like they get it all the fancy titles)...at very least(not a fan of this idea) give unique(not a cheap glorious armor retex) armor to AT winners and top 10 or something on the cheaterboard...and dont tell me that raids are harder then winning a AT or getting high placed on the leaderboard.

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > @"NecroSummonsMors.7816" said:

> > > > > @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > > > > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > > > Raid Armor is Effort gated on top of being time gated.

> > > > > > PvP Armor is JUST time gated.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Seems fair to me.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thats BS,if you try to get it by mostly losing and being a total bot you are not going to get it.

> > > > > Winning matches takes effort o.o

> > > >

> > > > If you tank low enough, it's next to impossible not to start winning, unless you're a toddler. Fastest way to grind Ranked chests is by tanking to lower ranks and building up. All it takes is a **time investment.** If you think that's BS compared to getting 10 ppl textbook execution of a precise strategy for months, then you need a reality check.

> > >

> > > Why should I tank low rating matches and not have fun, to get a legendary armor? it doesn't make sense. Getting a legendary armor should not be a matter of farming in pvp, but a matter of rewarded skill. Ence since skill requires effort especially at high pvp level, why it should not have a special armor skin? You can farm raids to the point where people don't even have to think and just move automatically, you cannot do the same in pvp.

> >

> > You’re misunderstanding my words. You shouldn’t by all means. But even the worst player can get it if they tank low enough.

>

> this is no argument...its not like people cant get carried on Raids, or even better, just pay for it and have a group carry you...so yeah, even the worst pve player can get a legend armor too(like they get it all the fancy titles)...at very least(not a fan of this idea) give unique(not a cheap glorious armor retex) armor to AT winners and top 10 or something on the cheaterboard...and dont tell me that raids are harder then winning a AT or getting high placed on the leaderboard.

Totally agree, his argument makes zero sense.

> @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > > @"NecroSummonsMors.7816" said:

> > > > > > @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > > > > > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > > > > Raid Armor is Effort gated on top of being time gated.

> > > > > > > PvP Armor is JUST time gated.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Seems fair to me.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thats BS,if you try to get it by mostly losing and being a total bot you are not going to get it.

> > > > > > Winning matches takes effort o.o

> > > > >

> > > > > If you tank low enough, it's next to impossible not to start winning, unless you're a toddler. Fastest way to grind Ranked chests is by tanking to lower ranks and building up. All it takes is a **time investment.** If you think that's BS compared to getting 10 ppl textbook execution of a precise strategy for months, then you need a reality check.

> > > >

> > > > Why should I tank low rating matches and not have fun, to get a legendary armor? it doesn't make sense. Getting a legendary armor should not be a matter of farming in pvp, but a matter of rewarded skill. Ence since skill requires effort especially at high pvp level, why it should not have a special armor skin? You can farm raids to the point where people don't even have to think and just move automatically, you cannot do the same in pvp.

> > >

> > > You’re misunderstanding my words. You shouldn’t by all means. But even the worst player can get it if they tank low enough.

> >

> > this is no argument...its not like people cant get carried on Raids, or even better, just pay for it and have a group carry you...so yeah, even the worst pve player can get a legend armor too(like they get it all the fancy titles)...at very least(not a fan of this idea) give unique(not a cheap glorious armor retex) armor to AT winners and top 10 or something on the cheaterboard...and dont tell me that raids are harder then winning a AT or getting high placed on the leaderboard.

>

> Totally agree, his argument makes zero sense.

I learned it all from you :wink:

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > > > @"NecroSummonsMors.7816" said:

> > > > > > > @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > > > > > Raid Armor is Effort gated on top of being time gated.

> > > > > > > > PvP Armor is JUST time gated.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Seems fair to me.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Thats BS,if you try to get it by mostly losing and being a total bot you are not going to get it.

> > > > > > > Winning matches takes effort o.o

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you tank low enough, it's next to impossible not to start winning, unless you're a toddler. Fastest way to grind Ranked chests is by tanking to lower ranks and building up. All it takes is a **time investment.** If you think that's BS compared to getting 10 ppl textbook execution of a precise strategy for months, then you need a reality check.

> > > > >

> > > > > Why should I tank low rating matches and not have fun, to get a legendary armor? it doesn't make sense. Getting a legendary armor should not be a matter of farming in pvp, but a matter of rewarded skill. Ence since skill requires effort especially at high pvp level, why it should not have a special armor skin? You can farm raids to the point where people don't even have to think and just move automatically, you cannot do the same in pvp.

> > > >

> > > > You’re misunderstanding my words. You shouldn’t by all means. But even the worst player can get it if they tank low enough.

> > >

> > > this is no argument...its not like people cant get carried on Raids, or even better, just pay for it and have a group carry you...so yeah, even the worst pve player can get a legend armor too(like they get it all the fancy titles)...at very least(not a fan of this idea) give unique(not a cheap glorious armor retex) armor to AT winners and top 10 or something on the cheaterboard...and dont tell me that raids are harder then winning a AT or getting high placed on the leaderboard.

> >

> > Totally agree, his argument makes zero sense.

>

> I learned it all from you :wink:

Then tell me, whats the difference between someone afk farming WvW or sPvP from someone who is getting carried on Raid?

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > > > @"NecroSummonsMors.7816" said:

> > > > > > > @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > > > > > Raid Armor is Effort gated on top of being time gated.

> > > > > > > > PvP Armor is JUST time gated.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Seems fair to me.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Thats BS,if you try to get it by mostly losing and being a total bot you are not going to get it.

> > > > > > > Winning matches takes effort o.o

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you tank low enough, it's next to impossible not to start winning, unless you're a toddler. Fastest way to grind Ranked chests is by tanking to lower ranks and building up. All it takes is a **time investment.** If you think that's BS compared to getting 10 ppl textbook execution of a precise strategy for months, then you need a reality check.

> > > > >

> > > > > Why should I tank low rating matches and not have fun, to get a legendary armor? it doesn't make sense. Getting a legendary armor should not be a matter of farming in pvp, but a matter of rewarded skill. Ence since skill requires effort especially at high pvp level, why it should not have a special armor skin? You can farm raids to the point where people don't even have to think and just move automatically, you cannot do the same in pvp.

> > > >

> > > > You’re misunderstanding my words. You shouldn’t by all means. But even the worst player can get it if they tank low enough.

> > >

> > > this is no argument...its not like people cant get carried on Raids, or even better, just pay for it and have a group carry you...so yeah, even the worst pve player can get a legend armor too(like they get it all the fancy titles)...at very least(not a fan of this idea) give unique(not a cheap glorious armor retex) armor to AT winners and top 10 or something on the cheaterboard...and dont tell me that raids are harder then winning a AT or getting high placed on the leaderboard.

> >

> > Totally agree, his argument makes zero sense.

>

> I learned it all from you :wink:

Wasnt trolling you this time xD

> > > @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > > > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > > > > @"NecroSummonsMors.7816" said:

> > > > > > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > > > > > > Raid Armor is Effort gated on top of being time gated.

> > > > > > > > > PvP Armor is JUST time gated.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Seems fair to me.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Thats BS,if you try to get it by mostly losing and being a total bot you are not going to get it.

> > > > > > > > Winning matches takes effort o.o

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you tank low enough, it's next to impossible not to start winning, unless you're a toddler. Fastest way to grind Ranked chests is by tanking to lower ranks and building up. All it takes is a **time investment.** If you think that's BS compared to getting 10 ppl textbook execution of a precise strategy for months, then you need a reality check.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why should I tank low rating matches and not have fun, to get a legendary armor? it doesn't make sense. Getting a legendary armor should not be a matter of farming in pvp, but a matter of rewarded skill. Ence since skill requires effort especially at high pvp level, why it should not have a special armor skin? You can farm raids to the point where people don't even have to think and just move automatically, you cannot do the same in pvp.

> > > > >

> > > > > You’re misunderstanding my words. You shouldn’t by all means. But even the worst player can get it if they tank low enough.

> > > >

> > > > this is no argument...its not like people cant get carried on Raids, or even better, just pay for it and have a group carry you...so yeah, even the worst pve player can get a legend armor too(like they get it all the fancy titles)...at very least(not a fan of this idea) give unique(not a cheap glorious armor retex) armor to AT winners and top 10 or something on the cheaterboard...and dont tell me that raids are harder then winning a AT or getting high placed on the leaderboard.

> > >

> > > Totally agree, his argument makes zero sense.

> >

> > I learned it all from you :wink:

>

> Wasnt trolling you this time xD

The fact that you would consider trolling anyone, a correct approach to any situation saddens me. Having a gripe with someone is one thing (there’s reasoning behind it). Trolling people especially on an online forum that is mostly anonymous, is indicative of insecurities and frankly poor upbringing.

I harbor no ill will, I just want to distance myself from people that would inflict their misery onto others.

The salty armor is effortless, and cost 1/3 of the one from raids. Mine cost ~1700 in gold coins, and when was announced I already had 2/3 of the required PvP tokens. Besides that, is not like the raid legendary armors are that great: plate is ok, but the buttcapped one and the glassy thing are terribad, and some suits and recent armors have better fx/auras...

> @"Buran.3796" said:

> The salty armor is effortless, and cost 1/3 of the one from raids. Mine cost ~1700 in gold coins, and when was announced I already had 2/3 of the required PvP tokens. Besides that, is not like the raid legendary armors are that great: plate is ok, but the buttcapped one and the glassy thing are terribad, and some suits and recent armors have better fx/auras...

Like I said, I dont think it should have a complicated skin with heavy effects like the raids ones....just something different from the ascended skins.

> @"azizul.8469" said:

> PVE Raid Legendary Armor - Nice skin + nice functionalities (rune/stats swap)

> PVP LegendaryArmor - kitten skin + functionalities that are not actually used in pvp.

>

> ..fair ?

Is SUPER fair due you get functionality to game modes which you don't even need to touch at much lower cost while doing something that you like and with no chances of failure (plus 0 teamwork required).

> @"Buran.3796" said:

> > @"azizul.8469" said:

> > PVE Raid Legendary Armor - Nice skin + nice functionalities (rune/stats swap)

> > PVP LegendaryArmor - kitten skin + functionalities that are not actually used in pvp.

> >

> > ..fair ?

>

> Is SUPER fair due you get functionality to game modes which you don't even need to touch at much lower cost while doing something that you like and with no chances of failure (plus 0 teamwork required).

0 teamwork required to win a conquest match?

> 0 teamwork required to win a conquest match?

You don't need to win a single conquest match to complete the full 6 pieces of the PvP legendary armor. Not a single time. You need to succesfully complete raids to get the PvE legendary armor. Defeats in PvP just rides you to the same point, but the progression is slower. Also, conquest matches can be won with 0 teamplay; some people is good enough to carry. But doesn't matter: even at 0% w/l ratio you will end in bronze and at that level even trying to lose you will win some matches (again: unneeded). It's SUPER fair. Effortless fair.

> @"Buran.3796" said:

>

> > 0 teamwork required to win a conquest match?

>

> You don't need to win a single conquest match to complete the full 6 pieces of the PvP legendary armor. Not a single time. You need to succesfully complete raids to get the PvE legendary armor. Defeats in PvP just rides you to the same point, but the progression is slower. Also, conquest matches can be won with 0 teamplay; some people is good enough to carry. But doesn't matter: even at 0% w/l ratio you will end in bronze and at that level even trying to lose you will win some matches (again: unneeded). It's SUPER fair. Effortless fair.

You dont need to know anything to complete raids...you can get carried or just buy the clears.

If you try to get the legendary armor with only losses you will stop way before you get the 6 pieces.

> You dont need to know anything to complete raids...you can get carried or just buy the clears.

> If you try to get the legendary armor with only losses you will stop way before you get the 6 pieces.

Sorry but I think that I have the mathematics on my side. The only PvP tokens you need to complete the armor are the Mist Core fragment (which you get in Glorious Armor Boxes, which can be completed doing the reward track even losing every match) Shards of Glory (which can be obtained completing PvP tracks, again even if all matches are losed) and the PvP League tickets and the Ascended Shards of Glory (which requires thechests from the league tracks, which again can be completed time after time with only loses). Now, loses gives you like 4 pips and wins like 10 or 11, so 3 loses gives you more progression than a single victory. But now take in consideration that even you play very bad and lose every match soomer or later you will end in bronze, in which the quality in the gameplay so low that you will win matches even if you take a 8 minute rest to go to the wc.

On the other side, if you have a team abided to endure your pressence in the raids and carry you for the full lenght of completing the ~6k gold coins PvE legendary armor congratulations!, I don't known what are you doing here. BUT, the chances are that no one will carry you that long (and pugs for sure trend to kick ballast), so getting the PvE one is orders of magnitude harder.

Means this that the PvP armour should have no distinctive design? No, and ANet said that is working on one, and I'm glad to known. But means nothing because if is ugly, people won't use it (I changed the looks of all my legendary pieces except the shoulders. Mind that the main reason most of people craft legendaries is not for the usefullnes or the looks but more as an statement: "I made this, with my effort". And in this sense the PvP legendary armor lack of uniqueness is perfect: "I made this, no effort involved". And I'm dead serious: I crafted Eternity, Bolt, Flameseeker and The Ascension and even The Ascension was harder to make than the whole PvP legendary armor (more expensive, but way easier and faster).

> @"Buran.3796" said:

>

> > You dont need to know anything to complete raids...you can get carried or just buy the clears.

> > If you try to get the legendary armor with only losses you will stop way before you get the 6 pieces.

>

> Sorry but I think that I have the mathematics on my side. The only PvP tokens you need to complete the armor are the Mist Core fragment (which you get in Glorious Armor Boxes, which can be completed doing the reward track even losing every match) Shards of Glory (which can be obtained completing PvP tracks, again even if all matches are losed) and the PvP League tickets and the Ascended Shards of Glory (which requires thechests from the league tracks, which again can be completed time after time with only loses). Now, loses gives you like 4 pips and wins like 10 or 11, so 3 loses gives you more progression than a single victory. But now take in consideration that even you play very bad and lose every match soomer or later you will end in bronze, in which the quality in the gameplay so low that you will win matches even if you take a 8 minute rest to go to the wc.

>

> On the other side, if you have a team abided to endure your pressence in the raids and carry you for the full lenght of completing the ~6k gold coins PvE legendary armor congratulations!, I don't known what are you doing here. BUT, the chances are that no one will carry you that long (and pugs for sure trend to kick ballast), so getting the PvE one is orders of magnitude harder.

>

> Means this that the PvP armour should have no distinctive design? No, and ANet said that is working on one, and I'm glad to known. But means nothing because if is ugly, people won't use it (I changed the looks of all my legendary pieces except the shoulders. Mind that the main reason most of people craft legendaries is not for the usefullnes or the looks but more as an statement: "I made this, with my effort". And in this sense the PvP legendary armor lack of uniqueness is perfect: "I made this, no effort involved". And I'm dead serious: I crafted Eternity, Bolt, Flameseeker and The Ascension and even The Ascension was harder to make than the whole PvP legendary armor (more expensive, but way easier and faster).

I have complete a full set of heavy pvp Legendary Armor. Good luck on losing your way to that set. You would quit and get bored before reaching your goal. Much like farming gold in a low level zone, is it possible, sure, but it’s going to take loads of time and a heavy degree of mental fortitude. Eventually you will want to win matches for the progression to go faster.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> I have complete a full set of heavy pvp Legendary Armor. Good luck on losing your way to that set. You would quit and get bored before reaching your goal. Much like farming gold in a low level zone, is it possible, sure, but it’s going to take loads of time and a heavy degree of mental fortitude. Eventually you will want to win matches for the progression to go faster.

I crafted mine in May after ~5 months of "effort" put into, it cost me ~1700 gold coins and my win rate along the whole proccess was never higher than 50-52%, with most of the matches played at gold tier. I already had a lot of tokens because I have over 4k PvP matches since the release of the game, but you can play blind and still get 40%+ win rate, because if a player is really bad will end in divisions in which will get roughly a 50% w/r anyway. The game pays you over 2 gold coins a day just doing the daily (which is half of the cost of the armor over a year), losing ALL matches you earn one bizantium chest every 45 matches, which 27.5 gold coins + 6.75 gold coins (15 silver/defeat) + mats (a lof of extra money) which means 0,76 gold coins x defeat . Playing 3.45 matches a day for a year and losing all of them (1260) will provide you enough direct cash (959 gold coins, not scoring the sales from materials, which will speed up your earnings a lot) to craft the whole set. So doing the daily (not in PvP, no need to if you dont want) + LOSING 3.5 matches a day (~45 min/day) = PvP legendary armor set in a year. But won't take anyone a year because you will win matches even if you try to not. One would only need more than those 28 byzantium chest to complete the task is if has 0 ascended PvP armor pieces (which means that He doesn't like PvP and therefore trying to get the legendary armor this way would be masochist). If 45 minutes a day without any need of wins is "too hard" or "tons of work" I don't known what to say. The armor should have some diferentiation, but getting it isn't, for any means, a hard

task.

I made the heavy set already because i do go into wvw and aome ove from time to time. But i really dont care that the legendary has crap skin. But they did say they got another skin coming so i want that. I dont care if it just a skin or exotic or blue just want different look.

Probably gonna be chess themed....