[Feedback] Disappointed with Halloween 2018

I'm disappointed in the sense that the drop rates for rare items were so ridiculously rare that even players who COULD actually afford 100k ToT bags to open, didn't even get a phos or ember infusion.

You know drop rates are messed up when, even after 100k bags, you don't get anything good.

I myself opened at least 6k bags and felt like I wasn't rewarded. The lesson I learnt from this year was that it's better to just sell the Trick or Treat bags, because the drop rates are insane.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only disappointment with Halloween was the abrupt ending. No warning message, as you might get for a build. Something like "The doors to the Mad Realm are closing in 5 mins." would have been nice. I was about the get the last door to finish another Eve of the Mad King and get another weapon, when all of a sudden I was in Queensdale. No biggie. Just .. jarring.

> @"Daddicus.6128" said:

> Yeah, they need more. And, it's not just me. Nobody PERIOD has achieved a full set of radiant (or hellfire). The game is into its 7th year, and not a single person has gotten to the level. If the gods of this game can't make it, what hope have I? Without new sources of significant AP, none.

It's a long term goal, a very, very long term goal and I'm quite sure it was planned out in the beginning how long it would take someone to get the entire set...like maybe the life of the game? Matter of fact, the entire Radiant/Hellfire set(s) are supposed to rather exclusive, even though they're tied to AP, they need to lengthen the time line because we still have a long ways to go...story wise.

As for the OP's disappointment in Halloween, depending on how long you've been around, and I'm not going to speak for others, but for myself, I never expected any of the Festivals to have new content on a year by year basis...my expectation has always been that what you got the first year is what you would get the second, third, fourth, fifth, etc., etc., and this is only based on how ArenaNet works with the Festivals, they're filler...fun filler, but filler. As I always say, you make out of it what you do...fun for one person is not the same as fun for another...or you can make anything fun if you put your mind to it.

P.S. - I don't remember anyone mentioning DR(Diminishing Returns) which we know is a part of the game, and affects every type of content you do, that my have played a part in this case.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> Just did RR again for the daily ... forgot how clunky the skills feel. Using the skills in Reaper's Rumble feels like I am playing some sort of terrible F2P game.

Exactly. RR and LI are in desperate need of an overhaul. Hopefully next year...

> @"Zaoda.1653" said:

> I'm disappointed in the sense that the drop rates for rare items were so ridiculously rare that even players who COULD actually afford 100k ToT bags to open, didn't even get a phos or ember infusion.

>

> You know drop rates are messed up when, even after 100k bags, you don't get anything good.

>

> I myself opened at least 6k bags and felt like I wasn't rewarded. The lesson I learnt from this year was that it's better to just sell the Trick or Treat bags, because the drop rates are insane.

Indeed! That's why I didn't bother to continue farming the boring Labyrinth after I noticed the drop rates had been nerfed.

Rates haven't changed, still around 0.0000001 for infusions I would say. Yesterday I decided to farm alone instead following the com. I dropped a grey polysaturating reverberating infuz. I'm psychoting because I'm sure that I dropped more rare-exo loot alone than in group, a coincidence? No ideas about that.

I've a theory: you aren't rolling in the same loot tables if you stole somebody else enemy, like in group but not first hit: master-rare, alone: rare-exo