New to Condi scourge

Phantom.2976

As a condi scourge am I supposed to be spamming F2 F3 F5? Because the LF from devouring darkness and torch isnt able to keep up. Any help would be nice.

Im going to be playing PVE( T3 fractals mostly)

I usually take blood magic for the rez but I can swap out.

As for utils Im using Blood is Power, Shadow fiend and the last I swap out based on what is needed. Elite is plaguelands.

Thanks

You're only spamming if you're playing d/t support scourge, and even then you're better off saving 2 and 4 when needed because 4 will just annoy your team by fearing mobs off of their aoes, and 2 is a waste of lf if your team has no condi to convert. Otherwise its just desert shroud off cd for dps.

> @"Phantom.2976" said:

> Mostly Viper's with nightmare x4 and trapper x2. Currently scepter is viper and torch is carrion.

> Dropped soul reaping for blood> @"Nimon.7840"

So what are you after?

Maximizing DPS while having okayish support?

Only use f abilities, if you are having enough lifeforce for your next f5

Also don't spam those f-abilities. They don't bring much DPS increase, if you don't have dhuumfire.

Only use f2 when your team is suffering from condis.

Barrier from f3 is good to apply, but keep in mind that f4 takes a lot of lifeforce from you, if you are trying to rezz people with it.

Epi is still very good in fractals, especially for getting lifeforce. But if there isn't any trash mobs,

Consider taking dessicate (for a little bit of might and corrupt and burning from sadistic searing) or signet of undeath (for slightly better lifeforce gain)

But you have to learn how to manage lifeforce properly. Even though you will have another source of lifeforce, you might end up emptying your lifeforce bar pretty fast.

> @"Nimon.7840"

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBLfD7koXoqXs6GwtGg/GsYMYR/sAwBQvtOXzrULhoQtC-jRiHQB16EAEk9BAwDAgeq/oHlgEU5H50B4sFGMjWBSBsoyK-e

This is what I'm using. Soul reaping gets swapped out for blood when people down a lot.

The Warhorn 5 does it give LF per hit?

Yeah gotta learn to manage LF.

What usually happens is I play with my friends and they start taking too much damage or down I swap to blood and start using F3 too for barrier and then I end up getting starved for LF after a while.

For open world? I spam F5, F2 when needed (annoying condition on me), but other than that I don't really touch F3 or F4. I generally stick to Scepter/Torch with Dessicate, Trail (for stunbreak), & whatever. I don't like minions on the open world because they can keep me in combat mode and prevent me from mounting away when I want to move on.

> @"Phantom.2976" said:

> As a condi scourge am I supposed to be spamming F2 F3 F5? Because the LF from devouring darkness and torch isnt able to keep up. Any help would be nice.

>

> Im going to be playing PVE( T3 fractals mostly)

> I usually take blood magic for the rez but I can swap out.

> As for utils Im using Blood is Power, Shadow fiend and the last I swap out based on what is needed. Elite is plaguelands.

>

> Thanks

Let me first say that i have long been a proponent of condi scourge, since necro's base description used to be the disease spreader... but honestly... condi is dead now in all game modes simply because of the nerfs to stacking, boon corruption and the lack of damage on skill activation in the last four or five patches.

Anet seems to be forcing all of the necro builds, especially scourge and reaper, into glassy power crit builds to remain meta, especially in wvw and spvp.

Power/crit scourge is good.. ( i hate to admit it.. but it is) and can be kind of tanky also with the right build and celestial stats on armor. It is a little squishier than a full on tank set.. (like power/vit/toughness gear) but is a great balance and alternative to a full glass cannon as you can survive more than one single hit.

With my current build in wvw i get from 6k to 18k dps depending on the fight and the number of hits i can get in... depending mainly on how many i can get in my marks and shades... how close i can get etc.

However... play the game as you like.

Being a condi tank you will not break any dps meters, but you will tag everything in sight and be extremely hard to take down. Damage over all will top around 4k dps in wvw, depending on number of targets and, maybe 6k in pve due to the heavier dps outside of wvw and the nerfs that were put into that game mode, but it is still fun to play.

My old condi tank build was blood/soul reap/scourge with toughness/vit/condi/expertise stats on all equipment and undead runes (corruption sigil and air on weapons).. and i stayed alive 99% of the time.

the rotation on skills should always be marks 2 and 3 (save 4 as a condi clear and 5 as a fear) then throw F1 and go F5 then 4, 3, 2 as dropping 5 is your biggest damage and with torment on them and then F4 fears... you get slightly more damage for a second as they start to walk away in fear.. you can then drop fear mark from staff to get another slight boost.

hope this helps