"Client can't be launched on PC"

With today's patch ... I wasn"t able to even start the launcher after closing the game after the patch.

Let me explain step by step:

1. I started the launcher and let it download the patch

2. I played like 15 -30 min and quit the game.

3. I tried to relaunched the game later and impossible the launch it. Windows error message : "not able to run that program on PC. Check for a compatible version."

4. I've been redownloading the entire game since then

Any idea what could have occured here? Hope the redownload will fix it !

When the game updates itself, it creates a temporary file, then replaces the original executable. If the last step fails, you end up with an empty file for the executable, so when you go to use your shortcut, Windows complains that it isn't compatible. If you look in your GW2 folder, there should be a Gw2.tmp or Gw2.### file that is roughly 30 MB. Simply rename this file to Gw2.exe. If no such file exists, but you can locate the main Gw2.dat (~40 GB fully downloaded), you can alternatively download Gw2Setup.exe, rename it to Gw2.exe and place it along side Gw2.dat.

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> When the game updates itself, it creates a temporary file, then replaces the original executable. If the last step fails, you end up with an empty file for the executable, so when you go to use your shortcut, Windows complains that it isn't compatible. If you look in your GW2 folder, there should be a Gw2.tmp or Gw2.### file that is roughly 30 MB. Simply rename this file to Gw2.exe. If no such file exists, but you can locate the main Gw2.dat (~40 GB fully downloaded), you can alternatively download Gw2Setup.exe, rename it to Gw2.exe and place it along side Gw2.dat.

Hey thanks for the tip but none of the solution has helped me sorry =/ i guess i'm still downloading the 100K last files and see :)