Coming back from break...removed atk speed?Seriously?

Nury.3062

So, I just came back from a break and used my rapid fire... I am mainly a PvE player, how is the vanilla longbow ranger supposed to be of any use with that lame attack speed now? If soulbeast exist doesn't mean everyone should play an elite spec... I as a normal ranger was viable until now, I endured the times when the ranger was the worst profession in the game, hated and unwanted by everyone and now after 6 years of playing with the same ranger and longbow, I'm supposed to switch because you have elite specs... I suppose I should go back in that break and not bother.

> @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> Which type of pve? I am sorry that something that you enjoyed was removed but I know that there are diferent things that can core ranger do in pve.

Core ranger can do many things,it's my first character and main,played around 5k hours on it in 6 years,i say that because i played on it during all the bad and good phases the ranger has and when it got the atk speed was a big deal because it made the longbow ranger from very bad to viable ofc with some other changes,it is a big deal and it's not about "something that you enjoyed was removed" ,the issue comes from the soulbeast and it's use in wvw (as far as i know),not only the core ranger (longbow) goes down to the "junk" tier but it becomes unenjoyable to use and on top of that it gets replaced with swiftness....makes no sense.

Again, what type of pve are you refering to? If you are speaking about raids, then sadly days of condi core ranger dominating most of the condition bosses are over, playstyle stayed but soulbeast comes ahead. But if you are speaking about ow stuff then i dont understand how can you see any diference when greatsword sword#2 ik 99% of mobs and if you quickdraw longbow#5 and cast it 2 times, basicaly all the groups of mobs didsapear.

And atackspeed of longbow doesnt matter in ow since enemies will not get to you anyway.

> @"Deepcuts.9740" said:

> When my harrier staff auto attack can kill a mob faster then my zerker longbow using both auto attack and "Rapid Fire"....the joke no longer a joke.

> For a long time now, I kept my longbow in inventory only for niche encounters, like Samarog for example.

> Too bad.

LB has better power scaling at staff but lower base stats.

With zerker gear you kill faster with LB than with staff. Staff was designed to be more support oriented and perform good with low power gear.

The reduced attack speed isnt that big of an issue. It never stacked with quickness so it was very often just overwritten by it.

Now you have to have quickness to bring LB to old glory but thats not really difficult on ranger.

Its a nerf. It was nerfed just for the sake of it, not really that it changed much in the WvW meta (which is LBs primary use area).

Cmon man :)

Using full harrier, including Staff. If using the same gear but a long bow with zerker stats and any mob dies slower, no reason to search for an excuse.

They just nerfed it to the ground because some people started complaining they could not believe a ranger actually killed them in PvP or WvW.

I run ranger main and love my 2 rangers. I think the issue was the combination of LB 5 Barrage + Soulbeast elite One Wolf Pack extra damage for each strike synergizing too well and generating too much damage too quickly. I don’t know enough to be able to say the impact (if any) of piercing to that combination. It is unfortunate that core ranger takes the hit here because of an interaction with soulbeast. The same happened a while back to core engineer. I will admit this change pushed me away from using longbow. I run a soulbeast axe build I have come to love almost as much but recognize that isn’t an option for core ranger only players

> @"Moira Shalaar.5620" said:

> I run ranger main and love my 2 rangers. I think the issue was the combination of LB 5 Barrage + Soulbeast elite One Wolf Pack extra damage for each strike synergizing too well and generating too much damage too quickly. I don’t know enough to be able to say the impact (if any) of piercing to that combination. It is unfortunate that core ranger takes the hit here because of an interaction with soulbeast. The same happened a while back to core engineer. I will admit this change pushed me away from using longbow. I run a soulbeast axe build I have come to love almost as much but recognize that isn’t an option for core ranger only players

One wolf pack only apply one extra hit of around 1k in crits every half a second to one target. It does not matter if your barrage hit 5 targets at once, OWP will onl be applied to one.

**Also i'd love if somebody could check it does actually apply the impact at least every half a second** as when i check the battle log i only see a couple of hits when i use RF , which has a channel of 2.5 seconds as such we should be able to see up to 10 hits from OWP .

The max amount of triggers i could find it's been like 2 or 3 in a RF full channel. It wouldn't be the first ranger skill which does nothing as advertised and never get fixed.

> @"anduriell.6280" said:

> > @"Moira Shalaar.5620" said:

> > I run ranger main and love my 2 rangers. I think the issue was the combination of LB 5 Barrage + Soulbeast elite One Wolf Pack extra damage for each strike synergizing too well and generating too much damage too quickly. I don’t know enough to be able to say the impact (if any) of piercing to that combination. It is unfortunate that core ranger takes the hit here because of an interaction with soulbeast. The same happened a while back to core engineer. I will admit this change pushed me away from using longbow. I run a soulbeast axe build I have come to love almost as much but recognize that isn’t an option for core ranger only players

>

> One wolf pack only apply one extra hit of around 1k in crits every half a second to one target. It does not matter if your barrage hit 5 targets at once, OWP will onl be applied to one.

>

> **Also i'd love if somebody could check it does actually apply the impact at least every half a second** as when i check the battle log i only see a couple of hits when i use RF , which has a channel of 2.5 seconds as such we should be able to see up to 10 hits from OWP .

>

> The max amount of triggers i could find it's been like 2 or 3 in a RF full channel. It wouldn't be the first ranger skill which does nothing as advertised and never get fixed.

>

Actually, Rapid Fire will only proc One Wolf Pack a maximum of 5 times, assuming no attack speed increase.

Edit: Nevermind, ignore above. I thought the interval for OWP was still 1/2 second for some reason...

I tested it just now and consistently got 5 OWP hits from non quickness rapid fire (10 hits over 2.5 seconds), and 10 OWP hits from non quickness whirling defense (12 hits over 3.5 seconds). Rapid Fire's attack timing is just slightly too fast such that only every other attack will proc it; it's right on the borderline.