Fractals Condensed Mists Essence (CME) question: Best way to "farm"

The three tiers of CMEs can be had by farming levels 1-20 (vials), 21-50 (globs), and 51-100 (shards). You can also get any of the three CME types from the others via a Mystic Forge recipe.

Now, I tend to get quite a few vials and shards, but very few globs (the middle tier).

Am I better off farming levels 51-100, and converting them, or spending time farming levels 21-50 directly? (In other words, has anybody "done the math"?)

@"Daddicus.6128" if you already have "plenty" of shards, I'd recommend demoting them to globs rather than farming. The drop rate is never all that high. And you'll earn the gold costs quickly doing just about anything you like.

If you do farm a fract, I'd recommend the mid-tier Volcanic: more mobs, in greater density, and they are all trash. Kill all the ones at the start til you get the cutscene, exit, repeat.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> @"Daddicus.6128" if you already have "plenty" of shards, I'd recommend demoting them to globs rather than farming. The drop rate is never all that high. And you'll earn the gold costs quickly doing just about anything you like.

>

> If you do farm a fract, I'd recommend the mid-tier Volcanic: more mobs, in greater density, and they are all trash. Kill all the ones at the start til you get the cutscene, exit, repeat.

Thanks!

Do you farm it alone, or with a group?

> @"Daddicus.6128" said:

> Do you farm it alone, or with a group?

Try it solo. If you can manage it, great. If not, get a friend to join you. It's a decent place to learn to adjust your playstyle+build; the mobs have a lot of condi/immobilize/stun.

PS different days are easier, due to the variable mistlock instabilities.