Swapping Pets While in Beastmode...

Sultane.9150

> @Krispera.5087 said:

> > @Durzlla.6295 said:

> > Where are you even getting 20s from? It's literally only 10s since pet swap has its own completely independent CD from beastmode, and the CD for beast mode (the limiting factor in swapping to a new pet and using its F3) is 10s. I have no idea how you're getting 20s.

>

> Yes they are independant, I know they aren't additive. They are systems with independant 10-15 secs cooldown.

>

> What I'm saying is that, in total, if you want to come back to your first merged pet, you'll still be out of it for 20 secs, minimum. Whenever you do something, either BeastMode unmerge or Pet Swap, you still get 10-15 secs minimum. You need to be very sure to get out of BeastMode or swap the pet.

>

> The weave in weave out gameplay they describe is full of time gates.

>

> We hardly have one trait that push this kind of playstyle (Fresh Reinforcement). The best thing they could do to bridge the Pet Swap/BeastMode problem is having only one cooldown, the Pet Swap cooldown.

>

>

>

I actually suggested this design internally to my guild; a 1 pet Soulbeast with a more functional Beastmode that replaces pet swapping.

Glad to see I'm not completely crazy since none of them play Ranger enough to have responded to it lol.

What I would do is allow pet swapping but you actually consume the 'beast' skills (F3) meaning you can only use them once unless you leave beast mode and reenter. All of them should be rebalanced to have the same power level since they basically all have the same cooldown - the time it takes for beastmode to refresh (currently 10 seconds). That's it. Suddenly it would be extremely beneficial to toggle as much as possible and they could actually easily balance this out by increasing/lowering the beastmode cooldown to find the right spot.

But to be honest there are plenty of ways to make soulbeast less clunky. It is actually Arenanets job to find one. The current implementation is flawed.

Swapping in beastmode needs to be a thing.

You all misunderstand me. I am in no way talking about camping beastmode. My primary concern is that, as it stands, a soulbeast needs to go through a ridiculous amount of steps to access beastmode of a different pet. If you're already in beastmode you must:

Exit beastmode.

Swap pets/wait for pet swap cd

Wait 10 sec for beastmode cd

Enter beastmode

All that just to gain access to heals/invuln. VERY clunky gameplay and really makes ranger vulnerable especially in PvP.

All this could be reduced to ONE STEP: Swap pets

To those who argue this could be OP look at ele dude! Instant access to 4 diff skillbars.

Wouldn't all of this be readily resolved by putting beast mode abilities on shared, standardized cooldowns? I don't think it is reasonable to expect to pop 6 beast abilities in succession, but being able to react to a shift in the fight by switching stat sets or switching to the more useful ability in the moment seems more reasonable. Just might require some rebalancing to adjust net power over time of the granted abilities, but that doesn't seem like an excessively high bar.

Having pet swap reset the cooldown of Beast Mode would probably solve most problems.

* enter Beast Mode

* use skills

* exit Beast Mode

* swap pet

* enter Beast Mode

* use skills

* Beast Mode is on now 10 Seconds cooldown and pet swap is on 15

This allows for bigger bursts and more complex rotations, but leaves you with some downtime after you have burned through all your skills. Or it just means you could have your defensive skills on your "off pet" and will always be able to quickly switch over to heal yourself/get away.

> @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> Irenio actually said *""I'm hoping to see players realise that it's not just about camping soulbeastmode and never seeing your pet again..."*

On a side node to troll a lil bit. Someone should tell Irenio that their soulbeast NPCs in the new maps are constantly camping in soulbeast mode

> @Sedlina.1097 said:

> > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > Irenio actually said *""I'm hoping to see players realise that it's not just about camping soulbeastmode and never seeing your pet again..."*

>

> On a side node to troll a lil bit. Someone should tell Irenio that their soulbeast NPCs in the new maps are constantly camping in soulbeast mode

Well, they are *Non-*Player Characters :D