Need Info on GW1 designs for GW2

Swagger.1459

I’m working on a GW2 professions and combat improvement post and would like to get some ideas from Guild Wars veterans.

Over the years players have mentioned how much they loved the profession designs and combat in Guild Wars, so I’d like to see if there is anything I can incorporate into my future suggestions thread to improve GW2... Please share what you loved about professions and combat in the original game? What elements or mechanics you think could work here? What profession and combat designs would increase the fun factor if added?

TY!

GW1 and GW2 are so different that there's no discussion around designs. The only thing these games share is a story.

With that said, I wouldn't mind a revenant elite spec that took from ritualist's spirit weapons and then changed their gameplay to restricting them (again) to one weapon set, but then allowed them to attune to different spirit weapons sort of like elementalist attunements. It might make a lot of work, but since I feel like the whole 'joy of movement' has been capitalized by mounts what else are they really going to deliver in a new expansion other than polishing gameplay? There's not a lot of world-revolutionizing introductions they can make after mounts changed PvE so much, so the gameplay, skills and new elite specs can get some in-depth love if they're complicated.