Disconnects / Crashes after 11/13/2018 Update [merged]

Dark.1823

@ topic: When I first loged into the game, I salvaged two stacks of runes & sigils with my copper-fed. The salvaging lagged horribly. I remember those issues from older games when too many people used the same function simultanously. Can it be some sort of internal DDOS caused by too many too large salvaging requests?

Take as much time to fix it as you need, feel free to reboot the server or temp shut down content or even more.

It is not our first patch day, it is mid-week not any vacations running at the moment. It takes as long as it takes.

PS: What I saw from the new runes & sigils just looks awesome. You probably wrecked most of my builds apart, but I'll gladly spend hours finding new, even better combinations.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please keep this in mind when posting your info that being a less populated map means you "probably wont" run into the crashing issues unless someone on that map does the action causing the problem. This is why it seems like it is crashing more in cities because there are more people doing things and most likely someone does the action that causes the map to crash. So far most everyone in my guild doing things in the open world do not crash much if at all. This is why hiding in a instance seems to keep you safe. I have been trying different things like salvaging runes and what not but so far nothing has cashed me. Make sure you are not doing anything that "could" give you a valuable item because you will most likely loose it, and don't expect to be given it back. Lets find the cause!

I have a permanent bug in pvp, since several days ago, i have tried in other pc where my friend can play without any problems so my account is bugged.

If i play pvp and i click b to see my reward track the game crashes. My reward track is totally empty, this is so annying :(

I report the problem by the program but nobody solve it :(

• ArenaNet Staff

Update: The devs implemented a fix that should have corrected the crashing issues for the large majority of players. They note there are a few cases where crashing continues, and they're going to work on those to address them. However, for most, things should be back to normal.

If you're continue to experience crash issues, please feel free to share the details here! Especially helpful details are:

* Your location in the game

* Your physical location in the world

* Your server/game world

* What you were doing when you crashed.

* The error message you received (if any)

* Were you able to send a message through the crash window?

Thanks so much!

When do I get my items back that I lost from the roll backs? I had salvaged a ton of items after completing the Auric Basin meta event and held onto the resulting magic find, materials and runes+sigils for after the update. When the update dropped, I relogged, let it download, hopped back on and salvaged all the runes I had. After storing the lucent motes and other stuff, I got disconnected and lost all of the motes as well as my other materials I got from the meta event.

Still have disconnection...

Your location in the game = Amnoon (crystal oasis, also happened at Divinity reach for me)

Your physical location in the world = France

Your server/game world = jade sea

What you were doing when you crashed. = just consulting the TP, walking around

The error message you received (if any) the classic 101 one: 7:11:3:191:101

Were you able to send a message through the crash window? Nah

Well... worked pretty well for some time so I decided to continue my crafting. Got disconnect, rollback, craft rank back where it was before started and lost about 60g.... SUCKS!

Physical location: Finland

Server: Vabbi

Doing when disconnected: crafting

Forgot the error message but propably the same than with everyone else....

Right after the new update, I got disconnected maybe half a dozen times while standing in the Lily of the Elon looking through the new sigils/runes on the Trading Post. After those initial disconnects, the game ran fine for the next few hours as I did map completion work with a new alt on the Plains of Ashford. However, after the bug fix, which just downloaded a few minutes ago for me, the game has become completely unplayable. At first I couldn't even log in. Then, when I could log in and actually get an alt to a map, I couldn't do anything there. Couldn't get on a mount or even summon minions for my necro. That was on the Metrica Province map. I'm in the USA but am on the Gandara server because I'm in an EU guild. If I clicked the mount button, nothing happened. If I clicked on a minion's button, the button would spin but nothing would happen. After 1-5 minutes the game would disconnect. This kind of thing seems to happen frequently with GW2 updates but today's seems particularly bad. It also seems a funny irony that the bug "fix" actually killed the game entirely for me.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"ChangMokei.7390" said:

> Well... worked pretty well for some time so I decided to continue my crafting. Got disconnect, rollback, craft rank back where it was before started and lost about 60g.... SUCKS!

> Location: Tailoring station in Lions Arch

> Physical location: Finland

> Server: Vabbi

> Doing when disconnected: crafting

> Forgot the error message but propably the same than with everyone else....

If you were rolled back, you will still find the runes and/or sigils in your inventory. Have you checked? Would you be able to recoup the loss by simply crafting again?

I am unable to log in. Was able to log in this morning during the initial launch with a few disconnects. Logged off, ran errands and such deciding to just wait until after the daily reset at 5pm mst and I am unable to login on any of my characters.

In game location: Lily of the Elon, Domain of Istan, Lion's Arch

Physical Location: Colorado

Server: Underworld

Current action: Login I am at the character selection screen when this occurs rather that the patcher/welcome window

Error message: Lost connection to server 7:11:3:191:101

No error screen popped for me to be able to submit a crash report

> @"Chichimec.9364" said:

> ...after the bug fix, which just downloaded a few minutes ago for me, the game has become completely unplayable. At first I couldn't even log in. Then, when I could log in and actually get an alt to a map, I couldn't do anything there... This kind of thing seems to happen frequently with GW2 updates but today's seems particularly bad. It also seems a funny irony that the bug "fix" actually killed the game entirely for me.

Well, almost an hour and a half later and I'm still frozen out. Managed to get to the character selection screen but when I tried to actually play a character the game just froze on the Crystal Oasis loading screen. Think I'll just call it a night and try again tomorrow. Not sure there is anything else I can do.

EDIT: Well I'm in and so far things seem to be working normally. Keeping my fingers crossed though. 2:02 PM GMT

I can log in, takes a lot longer than normal though. When I do, I get the window saying "The game client is unable to gain access..." code 42:0:0:9001:4414:101

It's 100% added to the firewall and im getting a ping of about 50 -80. If I try to load the guild page it talls me guild data is taking a long time to load, after a few mins i get booted from game. If i try to move or do anything it never matters, I get rolled back if I log back in,