What new/changed Sigils/Runes do you guys like?

EnderzShadow.2506

> @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > > > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > > > @"Hesacon.8735" said:

> > > > > Rune of the Flock works well on druid in spvp. Extra burst heal and more HP goes a long way.

> > > >

> > > > I've been experimenting with Rune of the Flock

> > > > and I appologize if anyone read that wall of text I wrote earlier.

> > > >

> > > > I've edited this and Ill comment on Rune of the Flock

> > > >

> > > > I think it sucks!

> > > > I mean, it's not terrible if you are getting it purely for the extra heal stats.

> > > > But it only works on your main personal heal and nothing else.

> > > > No staff, no regen, no Avatar 1 2 3 4.

> > > > Nothing else but personal heal...that is lame.

> > > > If you are taking it for the healing for your group in pvp/pve, the 6th set bonus is an alright addition.

> > > > Its like if I spent 45 dollars on beer and a cooler and they gave me a small bag of ice. I'm not complaining...I mean, it's better than nothing.

> > > > It also has a 10sec CD, which, I dont know why it does. Who has a personal healing spell that can be cast twice in under 10 secs?

> > > > Absolutely redundant.

> > > >

> > > > Lets compare that to Superior Rune of Sanctuary.

> > > > No Cooldown.

> > > > Sanctuary effects every heal. Every regen, heal and even fernhound regen.

> > > > Everything that heals in the game will give you a barrier. EVERYTHING.

> > > > If you're in PvP and trying to survive the onslaught of DPS that is coming

> > > > your way because they've spotted you, Rune of Sanctuary is the easy choice.

> > >

> > > Flock Runes are essentially the old Water runes, which were used on Druid because of the extra support and Avatar generation, plus getting a larger initial heal off of Troll Unguent when WS/NM was the meta Druid build.

> > >

> > > The ICD is there because of Firebrand mantra heal and Chrono mantra heal. The healing would be even more insane, especially on Firebrands since with their traits they're Heal mantra is already an AoE support Heal.

> > >

> > > As for Sanctuary Runes, the concept is that Barrier is temporary so the benefit of the rune is more temporary than a flat out powered up heal, BUT.... they're still busted. You heal yourself or you get healed and you get a barrier, and everyone gets harder to kill. It's going to dominate PvP builds until ANet changes the #6 effect.

> >

> > How did I forget about those heals. I knew I was missing something when I wrote that /oof

> >

> > Would it make it OP? Or would it just make dedicated healers an actual thing?

> > If the DPS classes could be gated to not being able to use it, I think it could make actual healers a thing.

> >

> > Check out my test in the edited version I just put up.

> > imo, definitely makes me harder to kill as a druid in those times I need to g t f o and survive the focus

> > I am still not sure if DRUID is now any move viable than it ever was.

> > I'll leave that to you.

>

> I don't play Druid anymore, but not necessarily because I feel it's weak the way other people do, but because pets have died too easily in teamfights since the introduction of Scourge. Without the pet, Druid doesn't have any damage, so it ends up just being a weakened support.

>

> Druid really needs to be made into a full support so that it doesn't just end up feeling like a mid tier support/healer (FB, Tempest, Ventari Herald, and Chrono all rank above Druid support wise).

>

> As far as full supports go, that's Firebrand all the way already. A Runeset shouldn't be what defines a support role, that should happen at a class design level, but I'm strongly of the opinion that any option that benefits Firebrand, especially if it benefits Firebrand moreso than other classes/specs, is bad for every other support spec. FB has the most bloated toolset in this game. Get used to playing one (in WvW with Minstrels and the new Monk Runes on top of it all) and you'll wonder why it hasn't been nerfed to the ground already (preferably to buffing everything else to power creep the whole game 10x over).

Yeah, I agree. It's sad to see other support specs sidelined. ANet's response has been that they want to keep "shaving down" Firebrand to bring it to the level of other supports, but it has a really long way to go and it seems to be preventing them from buffing other supports. I have been playing a Minstrel's Survival Druid in WvW and it's super fun in small skirmishes but aside from stealth-rezzing, there's little advantage that it has over FB (and really, FB has 1200 range insta-rez via MI). You are correct that the pets stand no chance against PoF, which is why I mostly play Soulbeast myself, and why I often shy away from Core Ranger.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> Flock Runes are essentially the old Water runes, which were used on Druid because of the extra support and Avatar generation, plus getting a larger initial heal off of Troll Unguent when WS/NM was the meta Druid build.

This is _exactly_ why I like the new flock runes, especially since water runes lost the effect.

As the fastest non thief or mesmer, I often end up taking home in spvp. Sometimes I get defeated and have to run back. With runes like this, I can burst into the fight with staff 5/3 and drop my troll urgent. I forget what it works out to, but several thousand healing before celestial avatar is charged is nice.

> @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > > @"Hesacon.8735" said:

> > > Rune of the Flock works well on druid in spvp. Extra burst heal and more HP goes a long way.

> >

> > I've been experimenting with Rune of the Flock

> > and I appologize if anyone read that wall of text I wrote earlier.

> >

> > I've edited this and Ill comment on Rune of the Flock

> >

> > I think it sucks!

> > I mean, it's not terrible if you are getting it purely for the extra heal stats.

> > But it only works on your main personal heal and nothing else.

> > No staff, no regen, no Avatar 1 2 3 4.

> > Nothing else but personal heal...that is lame.

> > If you are taking it for the healing for your group in pvp/pve, the 6th set bonus is an alright addition.

> > Its like if I spent 45 dollars on beer and a cooler and they gave me a small bag of ice. I'm not complaining...I mean, it's better than nothing.

> > It also has a 10sec CD, which, I dont know why it does. Who has a personal healing spell that can be cast twice in under 10 secs?

> > Absolutely redundant.

> >

> > Lets compare that to Superior Rune of Sanctuary.

> > No Cooldown.

> > Sanctuary effects every heal. Every regen, heal and even fernhound regen.

> > Everything that heals in the game will give you a barrier. EVERYTHING.

> > If you're in PvP and trying to survive the onslaught of DPS that is coming

> > your way because they've spotted you, Rune of Sanctuary is the easy choice.

>

> Flock Runes are essentially the old Water runes, which were used on Druid because of the extra support and Avatar generation, plus getting a larger initial heal off of Troll Unguent when WS/NM was the meta Druid build.

>

> The ICD is there because of Firebrand mantra heal and Chrono mantra heal. The healing would be even more insane, especially on Firebrands since with their traits they're Heal mantra is already an AoE support Heal.

>

> As for Sanctuary Runes, the concept is that Barrier is temporary so the benefit of the rune is more temporary than a flat out powered up heal, BUT.... they're still busted. You heal yourself or you get healed and you get a barrier, and everyone gets harder to kill. It's going to dominate PvP builds until ANet changes the #6 effect.

Medkit on engineer would be even worst as you can spam medkit swap to proc those runes while channeling other abilities such as elixir gun purge, tool kit block or shield blocks.

If you think sanctuary runes are OP, what do you think about rune of earth? 10% incoming heals. 175 toughness, 30% protection duration. Magnetic aura/prot on hit is a nice touch. Unlike barrier, it's actual healing increased so it's not wasted after 3 seconds of evading, kiting or stealthing. If you were to go for a sustain heavy SB with WS, would you pick sanctuary over earth? Even after the nerf, I think durability might also be better than sanctuary in a lot of situations. I guess I just don't think its nearly as busted in practice as it seems on paper.

> @"DuckDuckBOOM.4097" said:

> > @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > > @"Hesacon.8735" said:

> > > > Rune of the Flock works well on druid in spvp. Extra burst heal and more HP goes a long way.

> > >

> > > I've been experimenting with Rune of the Flock

> > > and I appologize if anyone read that wall of text I wrote earlier.

> > >

> > > I've edited this and Ill comment on Rune of the Flock

> > >

> > > I think it sucks!

> > > I mean, it's not terrible if you are getting it purely for the extra heal stats.

> > > But it only works on your main personal heal and nothing else.

> > > No staff, no regen, no Avatar 1 2 3 4.

> > > Nothing else but personal heal...that is lame.

> > > If you are taking it for the healing for your group in pvp/pve, the 6th set bonus is an alright addition.

> > > Its like if I spent 45 dollars on beer and a cooler and they gave me a small bag of ice. I'm not complaining...I mean, it's better than nothing.

> > > It also has a 10sec CD, which, I dont know why it does. Who has a personal healing spell that can be cast twice in under 10 secs?

> > > Absolutely redundant.

> > >

> > > Lets compare that to Superior Rune of Sanctuary.

> > > No Cooldown.

> > > Sanctuary effects every heal. Every regen, heal and even fernhound regen.

> > > Everything that heals in the game will give you a barrier. EVERYTHING.

> > > If you're in PvP and trying to survive the onslaught of DPS that is coming

> > > your way because they've spotted you, Rune of Sanctuary is the easy choice.

> >

> > Flock Runes are essentially the old Water runes, which were used on Druid because of the extra support and Avatar generation, plus getting a larger initial heal off of Troll Unguent when WS/NM was the meta Druid build.

> >

> > The ICD is there because of Firebrand mantra heal and Chrono mantra heal. The healing would be even more insane, especially on Firebrands since with their traits they're Heal mantra is already an AoE support Heal.

> >

> > As for Sanctuary Runes, the concept is that Barrier is temporary so the benefit of the rune is more temporary than a flat out powered up heal, BUT.... they're still busted. You heal yourself or you get healed and you get a barrier, and everyone gets harder to kill. It's going to dominate PvP builds until ANet changes the #6 effect.

>

> Medkit on engineer would be even worst as you can spam medkit swap to proc those runes while channeling other abilities such as elixir gun purge, tool kit block or shield blocks.

>

> If you think sanctuary runes are OP, what do you think about rune of earth? 10% incoming heals. 175 toughness, 30% protection duration. Magnetic aura/prot on hit is a nice touch. Unlike barrier, it's actual healing increased so it's not wasted after 3 seconds of evading, kiting or stealthing. If you were to go for a sustain heavy SB with WS, would you pick sanctuary over earth? Even after the nerf, I think durability might also be better than sanctuary in a lot of situations. I guess I just don't think its nearly as busted in practice as it seems on paper.

I may have chosen my words poorly and should probably clarify.

When I say Sanctuary Runes are busted and used my example, what I'm really trying to say isn't necessarily that they're overpowered but that they're an apex predator when it comes to their effect. Compare them to any other barrier based rune, and you'd immediately choose Sanctuary because the effect can occur easily and often, and it's lack of ICD makes them mindless; they're a free defensive investment nobody has to think about that in PvP with the limited rune choices makes the competition slim.

Anyhow, moving passed all of that, I first have to say I was speaking more from a PvP perspective, so Durability Runes wouldn't be available.

So, Soulbeast Runes... anything that give strong boons and provide the effect often. So Durability in WvW, no question. In PvP, probably still Revenant Runes. There's nothing that really stands out to me yet in PvP just yet, but you can't go wrong with a source of Resistance that can be bounced around with traits for a higher uptime.

> @"Hesacon.8735" said:

> > @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > Flock Runes are essentially the old Water runes, which were used on Druid because of the extra support and Avatar generation, plus getting a larger initial heal off of Troll Unguent when WS/NM was the meta Druid build.

>

> This is _exactly_ why I like the new flock runes, especially since water runes lost the effect.

>

> As the fastest non thief or mesmer, I often end up taking home in spvp. Sometimes I get defeated and have to run back. With runes like this, I can burst into the fight with staff 5/3 and drop my troll urgent. I forget what it works out to, but several thousand healing before celestial avatar is charged is nice.

I think you may have missed something I posted earlier. And I also think you misunderstand entirely how Rune of the Flock works.

When you Run into mid, the only way you are getting MORE benefit towards Avatar, is if you can be healed for the full amount of Troll unguent AND the the heal from Rune of the flock. Rune of the flock heal isn't several thousand, it's 1365. And Any heals past your full health doesn't help CA.

But the above really doesn't matter.

I guarantee that you will live longer with Sanctuary Runes than you will Flock Runes.

For one, the +to heal stat on Flock Runes isn't game changing. Most likely you are already using Menders.

I did a little test using my druid in spvp area.

I went to the Beasts Svaniir and the other one-- I pulled them both at the same time.

I did this with both sets of Runes. My goal was to simulate being bursted by an enemy in pvp.

I healed myself and only myself, and I timed how long I could stay alive.

With Flock Runes, you get One extra 1365 Heal with your number 6 normal heal...per every 10 secs.

On Sanctuary you get a percentage of each heal that goes toward a barrier (all heals Count! even regens from pets and heals from pets)

Now which Runeset do you think performed better?

On Flock Runes I could stay up for 21 seconds.

On Sanctuary Runes I stayed up just under a minute.

Easy choice. The 1365 personal heal isn't helping your team. Its not keeping you alive any longer than sanctuary either.

Sanctuary runes work off of any heal and any regen whatsoever.

> @"Pedro Sequeira.3198" said:

> > @"Maven.1690" said:

> > I agree and combo with the rage sigil on the bow now you can stack nearly 20 seconds of quickness uninterupted.

>

> How? It says 3 seconds on a 20 second cooldown… What am i missing here xD

4.5 seconds with moa on and criting in combat

9 seconds quickening zephyr

6.5 seconds from traited worldy impact with live fast and essence of speed

> @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> Superior rune of Speed-

> Has anyone else tried this out in the SpvP area?

>

> Because, I can't tell any difference from just normal swiftness.

>

> I did a simple test, out of combat.

> And I did this test twice from 2 different areas--one that is about a 8 second run and one that is 22 seconds.

>

> First no swiftness from point A to point B (counted seconds)

> Then with swiftness from the same Point A to Point B (no rune whatsoever) (8 and 22 seconds)

> Then Rune of Speed + Swiftness from Point A to point B = No different than with normal swiftness+no rune of speed. (8 and 22 seconds)

>

> Only thing that has me wondering, is Leader of the Pact already capping me at 66 movement speed--with swiftness?

rune of speed only shines in combat. I tested it. it's close to superspeed, speed. certainly faster than normal swiftness.

I've been using it for more than 20 matches in pvp because I had horrible placement matches I'm fighting against gold and silver players so I might as well test things out.

I like rune of speed a lot. you can kite extremely well. warriors and mesmers can be kited very hard. add the superspeed from petswap and you're basically one of the best kiters in the game. loss of stats, sure. but most people use defensive runes or boon duration runes anyway. I find the mobility to be superior, tbh.

> @"bigo.9037" said:

> > Superior rune of Speed-

> > Has anyone else tried this out in the SpvP area?

> >

> > Because, I can't tell any difference from just normal swiftness.

> >

> > I did a simple test, out of combat.

> > And I did this test twice from 2 different areas--one that is about a 8 second run and one that is 22 seconds.

> >

> > First no swiftness from point A to point B (counted seconds)

> > Then with swiftness from the same Point A to Point B (no rune whatsoever) (8 and 22 seconds)

> > Then Rune of Speed + Swiftness from Point A to point B = No different than with normal swiftness+no rune of speed. (8 and 22 seconds)

> >

> > Only thing that has me wondering, is Leader of the Pact already capping me at 66 movement speed--with swiftness?

>

> rune of speed only shines in combat. I tested it. it's close to superspeed, speed. certainly faster than normal swiftness.

> I've been using it for more than 20 matches in pvp because I had horrible placement matches I'm fighting against gold and silver players so I might as well test things out.

>

> I like rune of speed a lot. you can kite extremely well. warriors and mesmers can be kited very hard. add the superspeed from petswap and you're basically one of the best kiters in the game. loss of stats, sure. but most people use defensive runes or boon duration runes anyway. I find the mobility to be superior, tbh.

After my testing, JCbro was kind enough to point out the run speed cap out of combat. Which I had no idea about.

But sounds good, I think Ive been using sanctuary, but maybe speed would be better.

Are you using a axe boonbeast build?

> @"Maven.1690" said:

> > @"Pedro Sequeira.3198" said:

> > > @"Maven.1690" said:

> > > I agree and combo with the rage sigil on the bow now you can stack nearly 20 seconds of quickness uninterupted.

> >

> > How? It says 3 seconds on a 20 second cooldown… What am i missing here xD

>

> 4.5 seconds with moa on and criting in combat

> 9 seconds quickening zephyr

> 6.5 seconds from traited worldy impact with live fast and essence of speed

to get the 6.5 seconds from traited worldly impact, do you actually have to HIT anyone?

Or you can just use the ability and boom=more quickness?

> > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > Superior rune of Speed-

> > > Has anyone else tried this out in the SpvP area?

> > >

> > > Because, I can't tell any difference from just normal swiftness.

> > >

> > > I did a simple test, out of combat.

> > > And I did this test twice from 2 different areas--one that is about a 8 second run and one that is 22 seconds.

> > >

> > > First no swiftness from point A to point B (counted seconds)

> > > Then with swiftness from the same Point A to Point B (no rune whatsoever) (8 and 22 seconds)

> > > Then Rune of Speed + Swiftness from Point A to point B = No different than with normal swiftness+no rune of speed. (8 and 22 seconds)

> > >

> > > Only thing that has me wondering, is Leader of the Pact already capping me at 66 movement speed--with swiftness?

> >

> > rune of speed only shines in combat. I tested it. it's close to superspeed, speed. certainly faster than normal swiftness.

> > I've been using it for more than 20 matches in pvp because I had horrible placement matches I'm fighting against gold and silver players so I might as well test things out.

> >

> > I like rune of speed a lot. you can kite extremely well. warriors and mesmers can be kited very hard. add the superspeed from petswap and you're basically one of the best kiters in the game. loss of stats, sure. but most people use defensive runes or boon duration runes anyway. I find the mobility to be superior, tbh.

>

> After my testing, JCbro was kind enough to point out the run speed cap out of combat. Which I had no idea about.

>

> But sounds good, I think Ive been using sanctuary, but maybe speed would be better.

> Are you using a axe boonbeast build?

well, no. I'm using gs lb. mostly dps oriented build that can 1v1 as well.

> @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > Superior rune of Speed-

> > > > Has anyone else tried this out in the SpvP area?

> > > >

> > > > Because, I can't tell any difference from just normal swiftness.

> > > >

> > > > I did a simple test, out of combat.

> > > > And I did this test twice from 2 different areas--one that is about a 8 second run and one that is 22 seconds.

> > > >

> > > > First no swiftness from point A to point B (counted seconds)

> > > > Then with swiftness from the same Point A to Point B (no rune whatsoever) (8 and 22 seconds)

> > > > Then Rune of Speed + Swiftness from Point A to point B = No different than with normal swiftness+no rune of speed. (8 and 22 seconds)

> > > >

> > > > Only thing that has me wondering, is Leader of the Pact already capping me at 66 movement speed--with swiftness?

> > >

> > > rune of speed only shines in combat. I tested it. it's close to superspeed, speed. certainly faster than normal swiftness.

> > > I've been using it for more than 20 matches in pvp because I had horrible placement matches I'm fighting against gold and silver players so I might as well test things out.

> > >

> > > I like rune of speed a lot. you can kite extremely well. warriors and mesmers can be kited very hard. add the superspeed from petswap and you're basically one of the best kiters in the game. loss of stats, sure. but most people use defensive runes or boon duration runes anyway. I find the mobility to be superior, tbh.

> >

> > After my testing, JCbro was kind enough to point out the run speed cap out of combat. Which I had no idea about.

> >

> > But sounds good, I think Ive been using sanctuary, but maybe speed would be better.

> > Are you using a axe boonbeast build?

>

> well, no. I'm using gs lb. mostly dps oriented build that can 1v1 as well.

>

aw ok. I've been playing a lb boonbeast but thinking of switching over to axe and I was just wondering to myself how I would kite someone with axe

> > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > > > Superior rune of Speed-

> > > > > Has anyone else tried this out in the SpvP area?

> > > > >

> > > > > Because, I can't tell any difference from just normal swiftness.

> > > > >

> > > > > I did a simple test, out of combat.

> > > > > And I did this test twice from 2 different areas--one that is about a 8 second run and one that is 22 seconds.

> > > > >

> > > > > First no swiftness from point A to point B (counted seconds)

> > > > > Then with swiftness from the same Point A to Point B (no rune whatsoever) (8 and 22 seconds)

> > > > > Then Rune of Speed + Swiftness from Point A to point B = No different than with normal swiftness+no rune of speed. (8 and 22 seconds)

> > > > >

> > > > > Only thing that has me wondering, is Leader of the Pact already capping me at 66 movement speed--with swiftness?

> > > >

> > > > rune of speed only shines in combat. I tested it. it's close to superspeed, speed. certainly faster than normal swiftness.

> > > > I've been using it for more than 20 matches in pvp because I had horrible placement matches I'm fighting against gold and silver players so I might as well test things out.

> > > >

> > > > I like rune of speed a lot. you can kite extremely well. warriors and mesmers can be kited very hard. add the superspeed from petswap and you're basically one of the best kiters in the game. loss of stats, sure. but most people use defensive runes or boon duration runes anyway. I find the mobility to be superior, tbh.

> > >

> > > After my testing, JCbro was kind enough to point out the run speed cap out of combat. Which I had no idea about.

> > >

> > > But sounds good, I think Ive been using sanctuary, but maybe speed would be better.

> > > Are you using a axe boonbeast build?

> >

> > well, no. I'm using gs lb. mostly dps oriented build that can 1v1 as well.

> >

>

> aw ok. I've been playing a lb boonbeast but thinking of switching over to axe and I was just wondering to myself how I would kite someone with axe

>

>

you don't kite with axe. you camp the node and win with aoe and boonspam.

> @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > > > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > > > > Superior rune of Speed-

> > > > > > Has anyone else tried this out in the SpvP area?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Because, I can't tell any difference from just normal swiftness.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I did a simple test, out of combat.

> > > > > > And I did this test twice from 2 different areas--one that is about a 8 second run and one that is 22 seconds.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > First no swiftness from point A to point B (counted seconds)

> > > > > > Then with swiftness from the same Point A to Point B (no rune whatsoever) (8 and 22 seconds)

> > > > > > Then Rune of Speed + Swiftness from Point A to point B = No different than with normal swiftness+no rune of speed. (8 and 22 seconds)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Only thing that has me wondering, is Leader of the Pact already capping me at 66 movement speed--with swiftness?

> > > > >

> > > > > rune of speed only shines in combat. I tested it. it's close to superspeed, speed. certainly faster than normal swiftness.

> > > > > I've been using it for more than 20 matches in pvp because I had horrible placement matches I'm fighting against gold and silver players so I might as well test things out.

> > > > >

> > > > > I like rune of speed a lot. you can kite extremely well. warriors and mesmers can be kited very hard. add the superspeed from petswap and you're basically one of the best kiters in the game. loss of stats, sure. but most people use defensive runes or boon duration runes anyway. I find the mobility to be superior, tbh.

> > > >

> > > > After my testing, JCbro was kind enough to point out the run speed cap out of combat. Which I had no idea about.

> > > >

> > > > But sounds good, I think Ive been using sanctuary, but maybe speed would be better.

> > > > Are you using a axe boonbeast build?

> > >

> > > well, no. I'm using gs lb. mostly dps oriented build that can 1v1 as well.

> > >

> >

> > aw ok. I've been playing a lb boonbeast but thinking of switching over to axe and I was just wondering to myself how I would kite someone with axe

> >

> >

>

> you don't kite with axe. you camp the node and win with aoe and boonspam.

hehe yeah, I was scratching my head :P

> > @"Maven.1690" said:

> > > @"Pedro Sequeira.3198" said:

> > > > @"Maven.1690" said:

> > > > I agree and combo with the rage sigil on the bow now you can stack nearly 20 seconds of quickness uninterupted.

> > >

> > > How? It says 3 seconds on a 20 second cooldown… What am i missing here xD

> >

> > 4.5 seconds with moa on and criting in combat

> > 9 seconds quickening zephyr

> > 6.5 seconds from traited worldy impact with live fast and essence of speed

>

> to get the 6.5 seconds from traited worldly impact, do you actually have to HIT anyone?

> Or you can just use the ability and boom=more quickness?

With it traited using the beast skill while joined as soulbeast it will give quickness and fury just using the skill in or out of combat.

> @"Eleazar.9478" said:

> So runes of sanctuary work with troll ungent made a bunker soulbeast with menders amulet and ws/nm moa, qz, dolyak, one wolf, axe war, sword axe

Sanctuary works with all heals.

I mean ALL.

Fernhound Regen.

Merged soulbeast heals

Druid staff 3

Utilities that give Regen.

Traited shouts that give Regen.

Warhorn 5

if someone else gives you heals, aye, the more the merrier.

> > @"Eleazar.9478" said:

> > So runes of sanctuary work with troll ungent made a bunker soulbeast with menders amulet and ws/nm moa, qz, dolyak, one wolf, axe war, sword axe

>

> Sanctuary works with all heals.

> I mean ALL.

> Fernhound Regen.

> Merged soulbeast heals

> Druid staff 3

> Avatar Form heals

> Utilities that give Regen.

> Traited shouts that give Regen.

> Warhorn 5

> if someone else gives you heals, aye, the more the merrier.

Ya, but those other heals arn't game changing, with troll ungent up stacked with protection and Regen, and the soulbeast condition damage reduction with protection trait, turns you into a Regen monster, Basically gives you a Weaver's lava armour every 12 seconds

> @"Dragonzhunter.8506" said:

> "(6): Gain a barrier equal to 20% of the value of incoming heals." means 20% from regeneration too? or only from the main heal?

> Does anyone test it?

Dragon you killin me smalls--- read up.

Yeah I tested everything.

By everything, I mean

**Anything you do at all that gives regen or heals.

Doesn't matter if its fernhound, or traited Pet that Heals on F2

or a traited shout that gives regen or staff 3 or avatar heals or even

that glyph that heals in avatar.**

Even heals you get from another player, it all counts.

> @"Eleazar.9478" said:

> > > @"Eleazar.9478" said:

> > > So runes of sanctuary work with troll ungent made a bunker soulbeast with menders amulet and ws/nm moa, qz, dolyak, one wolf, axe war, sword axe

> >

>

> Ya, but those other heals arn't game changing, with troll ungent up stacked with protection and Regen, and the soulbeast condition damage reduction with protection trait, turns you into a Regen monster, Basically gives you a Weaver's lava armour every 12 seconds

>

>

They help, I don't know exactly **HOW WELL** they help...I mean, if you pop all of em, you can see you get a little barrier for each regen you get that seems to raise the barrier additionally.

I did a small test using Sanctuary vs FLock Runes (that have the Flock heal and + to heal)

just taking dmg vs the two beasts in spvp and only healing myself while not attacking.

I was able to stay alive with Sanctuary nearly 3 times as long compared to flock.

But if you're saying that Regen only helps a little....I could do the same test

and only use Troll Unguent and some protection traits and see if that goes any better

or how much worse.

I guess I have another test to run. Ill be back.

@"Eleazar.9478"

@"bigo.9037"

**For those that are interested, I performed the next set of tests on sanctuary runes to see

how well Regen stacked up against Protection while using Sanctuary runes that benefit

from all forms of heals.**

For the first build, i went Full Pet Heal, Regen on shouts and Full Shouts in utilities( just for the regen)

This is how I did the test.

I pull both beasts in SpvP with longbow one, immediately strength of the pack so

heals and utilities wont get interrupted.

I use all utilities, heal and regen available to me.

Including Merged and Unmerged heals and regen from Fernhound.

Some people may think that there is some special order I could of used my utilities and heals,

and that would of kept me alive longer. I disagree.

Two beasts are on me. The stability goes away very quickly.

They hit like trucks.

It takes no time whatsoever to be dropped to a 1/4 Hp

I am not dodging, I am standing there taking the full brunt of the dmg.

Even Rom recently died to a Beast in a Ranked match.

Sanctuary/Paladins

Beast 333

Nature 233

Soulbeast 122

Fernhound f2 = regen plus traited pet heal

plus soulbeast heal

Traited for Regen on shouts-- strength of the pack, search and rescue, protect me, guard and troll unguent

First test with the above stats/traits

**With the shouts and Regen I lasted 24seconds.**

The 2nd Test, I took traits that would help give the most protection

I took no shout traits that would give me regen

Sanctuary/Paladins

Wilderness 2 2 2

Nature 2 3 3

Soulbeast 1 2 2

Troll Unguent, Dolyak stance, Moa Stance, Protect me and Strength of the Pack

This build had protection, No regen From Shouts and some Retal

**Protection Traits, Soulbeast Utilties, some retal and No shout regen I lasted 29 Seconds**

(surprised at this result, honestly)

**Did this twice because I was surprised, again, 29 seconds.**

**I really thought the protection was going to lose out by quite a bit to the stacks of regen from all those shouts.**

It didn't at all and actually performed better.

Last test I did a combination of both Regen on shouts and some soulbeast utilities with protection.

with retal

and it still came out worse with both regen and some protection

**lasted 25 secs(also performed this twice)**

**Conclusion

Since protection performs better than Regen, it is superior in mitigating dmg compard to taking traited shouts/Regen and shout utilities.

Protective Ward and oakheart salve seem to also make a really good combo. (which most of you know already)

What is most surprising is protection traits outperformed better than the extra heal one would get from Invigorating bond(pet heal)**

Well I found something kind of interesting, while using fernhound with Invigorating bond while merged.

The f2 and f1 will give you regeneration(doesn't say this would happen, anywhere)

The F3 will give you invigorating bond heal AND the normal heal from f3, which happens to be 4486(f3 heal) plus the 2695(inv bond)

And while I was testing this fighting the guard npc, right after I got the 4486 and 2695 heal, I absorbed

1202, 234, 85, 85, 33=1639

20 percent of 1639 means those Bigger Heals absorbed 1436 and the regen only absorbed 203 (this is with full shouts w/regen)

> @"Mat H.2859" said:

> @EnderzShadow.2506

> For the Soulbeast trait, you go with 1 2 2. I usually go either 1 1 2 or 1 3 2. Does the duration increase make a lot of difference? Plus wouldn't going 1 3 2 grant extra healing and barrier through life siphon?

Life siphon is almost useless ... I mean how much healing did you get? 170 healing + 20% = 34 barrier ? and this only happens every 5 sec when you apply poison which could happen if you have refined toxins and if you stay over 75% HP ... I don't know, there are too many terms in this equation :) . And if you manage to stay above 75% HP, why do you need this 204 HP every 5 sec :) ?

On the other way, yes, those 2 secs from Essence of Speed when you have active Moa Stance make a big difference.

Definitely, Second Skin and Essence of Speed are better than Predator's Cunning.

> @"Mat H.2859" said:

> @EnderzShadow.2506

> For the Soulbeast trait, you go with 1 2 2. I usually go either 1 1 2 or 1 3 2. Does the duration increase make a lot of difference? Plus wouldn't going 1 3 2 grant extra healing and barrier through life siphon?

Dragon explained why life syphon isn't any good.^

But I think you misunderstood what I was trying to prove.

**When I did my tests, I wasn't using any dmg skills. I wasn't attacking the beasts.

I was trying to simulate getting Bursted by taking dmg from both beasts and just using heals and utilities to stay alive.**

I wanted to see how long I could last, just trying to survive.

As far as traits, again you misunderstand. Most traits do not effect how much dmg you can take, most are offensive. Since I had to pick something for some of the traits, that's what I did, just picked a filler. MOST of the traits I picked did NOT matter.

**The only traits that mattered are the ones that either gave Regen in one form or another or Gave Protection. **

I did the same thing when it came to utilities.

I was trying to determine what lasts longer while taking heavy dmg (I Believe 2 beasts at once counts)

Whats better? All those little Regens from shouts or Traits and Utilities that give protection?

Protection performed as well and indeed better.

And it performed better without having to take traits and utilities that would pigeon hole a ranger into a particular kind of build.

I really thought the heals would outperform protection, and I was wrong. But that's good for us Rangers as it means we can have more diversity

and still do well if we plan on using Sanctuary Runes.