Rune and Sigil Changes - 13 November 2018 [Merged]

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> Some sigils/runes may or may not be any cheaper to obtain by crafting depending on the materials needed.

While that statement is correct, i do feel the newer system should be better in the long run.

It just shocks me that it took this long to get it done given that we already had rune/sigil crafting but it was very clearly an afterthought in the design process.

> @"Zem.4139" said:

> hi ,

mimimimimi

If you already link to the news page, you should read it, too...

>Concentration has been impacting boon-granting professions for some time. While it has enabled a few very strong builds, it also makes the Sigil of Concentration mandatory in high-end PvE content, without any way to replace it. So, we’re adding a couple of utility options that will help with this while tuning the sigil to a reasonable level.

Here you go, here is your Why.

And tbh, practically permanent +33% boon duration was way too overpowered.

> @"Zem.4139" said:

> Its just crazy , the food and utility i paid so much to get bonus ,now will only give me half of the nerf from sigil.... its just insane.

It only shows how insanely overpowered this sigil is/was.

This thread/you post and all the whining around this change is another very good example.

So much whining and complaining and accusations of "destroying the chrono" only because of **one** item, because of **one sigil**.

> What ? chrono was not hard enought to play ??

It's not like this would chance anything. You can easily get 90%+ boon duration with the new sigil and keep in mind that utilitys will get some changes too.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/59803/rune-sigil-blog-utility-option-clarification#Item_0

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Morte de Angelis.7986" said:

> > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > The only thing that concerns me, is that they've nerfed traits that increase boon duration, now they are nerfing concentration sigil. This will require fractal chronos to drop DPS gear for concentration gear to be able to keep up the alacrity and quickness.

> >

> > Oh no, the one many army that can provide everything and DPS will no longer be able to provide everything and DPS. Its almost like One Man Army builds are bad for the game. Maybe its just me.

>

> Its not just you, im sure chrono mains will hate it though.

Chrono mains hate when Anet try and balance Chrono with other classes.

> @"Morte de Angelis.7986" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Morte de Angelis.7986" said:

> > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > The only thing that concerns me, is that they've nerfed traits that increase boon duration, now they are nerfing concentration sigil. This will require fractal chronos to drop DPS gear for concentration gear to be able to keep up the alacrity and quickness.

> > >

> > > Oh no, the one many army that can provide everything and DPS will no longer be able to provide everything and DPS. Its almost like One Man Army builds are bad for the game. Maybe its just me.

> >

> > Its not just you, im sure chrono mains will hate it though.

>

> Chrono mains hate when Anet try and balance Chrono with other classes.

So very true.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Morte de Angelis.7986" said:

> > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > The only thing that concerns me, is that they've nerfed traits that increase boon duration, now they are nerfing concentration sigil. This will require fractal chronos to drop DPS gear for concentration gear to be able to keep up the alacrity and quickness.

> > > >

> > > > Oh no, the one many army that can provide everything and DPS will no longer be able to provide everything and DPS. Its almost like One Man Army builds are bad for the game. Maybe its just me.

> > >

> > > Its not just you, im sure chrono mains will hate it though.

> >

> > Chrono mains hate when Anet try and balance Chrono with other classes.

>

> So very true.

If it was true, and anet was trying to balance, they would increase the capability of other professions support traits and then make MINOR changes to chrono to balance it out. Completely gutting the chrono playstyle is taking a nuke to an anthill and its ridiculous.

> @"Einsof.1457" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > @"Morte de Angelis.7986" said:

> > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > The only thing that concerns me, is that they've nerfed traits that increase boon duration, now they are nerfing concentration sigil. This will require fractal chronos to drop DPS gear for concentration gear to be able to keep up the alacrity and quickness.

> > > > >

> > > > > Oh no, the one many army that can provide everything and DPS will no longer be able to provide everything and DPS. Its almost like One Man Army builds are bad for the game. Maybe its just me.

> > > >

> > > > Its not just you, im sure chrono mains will hate it though.

> > >

> > > Chrono mains hate when Anet try and balance Chrono with other classes.

> >

> > So very true.

>

> If it was true, and anet was trying to balance, they would increase the capability of other professions support traits and then make MINOR changes to chrono to balance it out. Completely gutting the chrono playstyle is taking a nuke to an anthill and its ridiculous.

>

except you can still do what you can on Chrono even with the Sigil change, you just need to get more Concentration from elsewhere. Chrono is too good for what it does. You can no longer do everything.

Power Creep isn't the answer to everything nor is always the solution. Bringing one thing back, in my mind, is better then trying to drag everything forward.

> @"Einsof.1457" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > @"Morte de Angelis.7986" said:

> > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > The only thing that concerns me, is that they've nerfed traits that increase boon duration, now they are nerfing concentration sigil. This will require fractal chronos to drop DPS gear for concentration gear to be able to keep up the alacrity and quickness.

> > > > >

> > > > > Oh no, the one many army that can provide everything and DPS will no longer be able to provide everything and DPS. Its almost like One Man Army builds are bad for the game. Maybe its just me.

> > > >

> > > > Its not just you, im sure chrono mains will hate it though.

> > >

> > > Chrono mains hate when Anet try and balance Chrono with other classes.

> >

> > So very true.

>

> If it was true, and anet was trying to balance, they would increase the capability of other professions support traits and then make MINOR changes to chrono to balance it out. Completely gutting the chrono playstyle is taking a nuke to an anthill and its ridiculous.

>

This game has become to powercreeped lately, its almost required to have the expansions and when it comes to PVE Chrono and Druid are almost required for everything. No class unless they got majorly overhauled would be able to approach what those classes can do, and honestly given how anet balances(see destroying Eles DPS the one thing it had going for it in PVE, at one point nerfing ranger and necro to the point of being not wanted for all pve content, among tons of other overkill nerfs to other classes), this change isnt that bad, Chrono is *STILL* going to be taken because of the boons it offers all at once, it just no longer will be able to pump out boons while still having decent DPS, at least thats my initial judgement, which is a good healthy thing for the game.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> I have like 20 of these sigils across 30 characters or more... All those gems I bought with real money to convert to golds to get those sigils just wasted.. This is why it's unwise to spend money on a video game.

Or its just unwise to do that!!!

> @"Einsof.1457" said:

> 90% of professions have incredibly easy rotations. Now they're coming for the rest of us. 6 years in, anet is dumbing down the game in attempt to gain more casual players by sacrificing the rest of us.

Making certain sigils a less thoughtful choice and nerfing OP upgrades forcing you to play smarter is dumbing down the game? That's not what that means.

It is pretty dumb, you know the chrono is still gonna take the now nerfed sigil anyways since what on earth can it possibly take as opposed to it's boon duration sigil?

Nothing's gonna change, that sigil will still remain important to the chrono unless it was nerfed to 5% or lower and made incredibly useless, that just means chronos in all areas will have to swap back to full boon duration armor and maybe have to pack some exotic trinkets with some doubloons.. ><

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > I have like 20 of these sigils across 30 characters or more... All those gems I bought with real money to convert to golds to get those sigils just wasted.. This is why it's unwise to spend money on a video game.

>

> Or its just unwise to do that!!!

Yep...

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > The only thing that concerns me, is that they've nerfed traits that increase boon duration, now they are nerfing concentration sigil. This will require fractal chronos to drop DPS gear for concentration gear to be able to keep up the alacrity and quickness.

> >

> > Oh no, the one many army that can provide everything and DPS will no longer be able to provide everything and DPS. Its almost like One Man Army builds are bad for the game. Maybe its just me.

>

> Its not just you, im sure chrono mains will hate it though.

Dont see why they would. They still have 100% uptime. Sure they have to take more commander pieces and do slighly less dps, but who plays support chrono for its dps anyways. This change dumbs down chrono rotation so its afk easy to give boons. Chronos job will become easier due to nerf.

> @"zombyturtle.5980" said:

> Dont see why they would. They still have 100% uptime. Sure they have to take more commander pieces and do slighly less dps, but who plays support chrono for its dps >anyways. This change dumbs down chrono rotation so its afk easy to give boons. Chronos job will become easier due to nerf.

I really hate taking more tanky stats to do the same as before. Being more defensive isnt fun imo.

The thing i hate the most about the announcement is the fact that they are making everything easier.

"Hey, you know that Concentration Sigil? Yeah, you dont have to swap weapons anymore."

"Hey, you remember Scholar Rune? Yeah, we changed it so you dont lose that much damage the next time you decide to facetank everything."