Mesmers most broken class in this game

blx.8613

> @"Farkon.2170" said:

> Hey, I made the post and that's me.

>

> There's alot of people saying I should of dodge, but it was the start of the match and I was getting LF since Necros don't start out with LF. I normally SW into the enemy team and take some damage to fill it up. Unfortunately I wish that it was a power/crit mesmer since I could of filled up with LF before I recalled back.

>

> I was aware that I was going to get ambushed, just didn't expect so much burst from a condition build. I have to say though, It's pretty fun playing as a Mirage.

If you look at the meta. Necros have 3 builds considered meta. Mirage has 1. Everyone but necro only has just one build.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Farkon.2170" said:

> Hey, I made the post and that's me.

>

> There's alot of people saying I should of dodge, but it was the start of the match and I was getting LF since Necros don't start out with LF. I normally SW into the enemy team and take some damage to fill it up. Unfortunately I wish that it was a power/crit mesmer since I could of filled up with LF before I recalled back.

>

> I was aware that I was going to get ambushed, just didn't expect so much burst from a condition build. I have to say though, It's pretty fun playing as a Mirage.

Misinformations and random accusations in this thread aside. I think its actually pretty good practice to record gameplays and review how you and other players play their classes.

im like doing perfectly executed combo that no1 else can (cus i've never seen anyone else use) with 10 skills used with 3 shatter illusion and i land it all on a kid with 17k hp build on his stream then he doesnt use his stunbreak + condi removals and he rages about balance after he dies and says mesmer is op?

horrible build, played horribly, didn't use half+ of his skills, dies and blames class balance. Then there's this other guy playing a build with one cleanse and he cleanses my initial burst and dies to the rest condis and says its unfair to be able to put condis sustained cause apparently when you block a physical attack they cant attack you any more

nevermind that there are classes literally doing 20k damage while holding the 1 button (holoforge, deadeye, sword thief with plasma, reaper, soulbeast, rev, literally any power build having 5-10k dmg/s with a power build) but applying condis more than once is broken babyrage

> @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> Nobody cares your pvp balance...honestly

> Mesmers will always have an edge over inexperienced players becuase the clone mechanic is simply not a mechanic anyone would put in a pvp-focused game

> Its meant to be fun and cool in PvE

> Again I say...this is mainly a PvE game and PvP balance matters very little in the big picture

I will just like to say one thing.

ANY competitive game that has the 'clone' mechanic, those classes/champions/heroes/characters can only produce ONE clone, not FIVE of them.

> @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > Running into a 2v1 and tunnel visioning one guy while the other charges straight at you and can free cast on you is a recipe for disaster. In terms of burst, this level of explosiveness is pretty much the norm in this meta.

>

> Especially when 12k damage comes from confusions and last 2 actions do almost 9k xd , he didnt bother to dodge even . Reddit have 1-2 funny posts tho :D

There's no point in dodging _after_ being burst. 6 conditions and 15 stacks of confusion are applied within a quarter of a second of the mirage being in idle run animation. There only "tell" there was is that the mirage was onscreen. Dodging once things started happening wouldn't have had any effect except for wasting endurance.

oh, there's a mirage running at me. I better cancel my attack and burn half of all my damage avoidance in the guess that the unreactable burst will be exactly now

Mesmers are, if anything, underpowered right now. They have such a huge tell on their burst incoming by being in the game. Can't you see there is a mirage in your game...that means burst can happen at any time with no prior warning. They also have incredible visuals that really make it clear what is happening, and their clones really help sort out the order of the fight. The constant drop targets make the fight interesting, b/c it means that all your single-target damage abilities are now 100% useless. Also, mesmers are so easy to lock down, as your disables, roots, and stuns prevent them accessing defensive cooldowns. They have barely 10s of invulns they can chain together, and it takes a whole 3s to get from on side of the map to the other.

ON TOP OF ALL THAT, they get stuck having to use this useless skill that allows anyone to get to another point in the map instantly like they are some kind of ferry who has to instantly swing the tide of a game by shifting the entire fight. Its such a burden having all this.

And the condis...you have to land like 2 skills out of only like 8 combos that takes like 2 whole seconds to kill someone. It just isn't up to par to modern gw2. I think they should increase the number of condis mesmers can proc, and double all the stacks they output. This class has been kicked around in the dirt and been unplayable for just too long now!

> @"reikken.4961" said:

> > @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > Running into a 2v1 and tunnel visioning one guy while the other charges straight at you and can free cast on you is a recipe for disaster. In terms of burst, this level of explosiveness is pretty much the norm in this meta.

> >

> > Especially when 12k damage comes from confusions and last 2 actions do almost 9k xd , he didnt bother to dodge even . Reddit have 1-2 funny posts tho :D

>

> There's no point in dodging _after_ being burst. 6 conditions and 15 stacks of confusion are applied within a quarter of a second of the mirage being in idle run animation. There only "tell" there was is that the mirage was onscreen. Dodging once things started happening wouldn't have had any effect except for wasting endurance.

>

> oh, there's a mirage running at me. I better cancel my attack and burn half of all my damage avoidance in the guess that the unreactable burst will be exactly now

When you see mirage without staff in hands rushing towards you (and casting torch phantasm or vanish in purple smoke) you should stay and facetank it like a man ? Your comment tell clearly you dont know how to play against it and what to expect . Dodging if u get initial burst to prevent more conditions/damage while waiting when confusions are gone. 3 torment/bleeds and 2 burns arent lethal as spamming skills with 20 confusions ,rocket science ,right ?

Necromancer running into 1x2 against mirage and ranger creating thread how broken mirage while you act like a DPS golem for mesmer and didnt get punished for it .Time to nerf necro again :+1:

> @"BlackBeard.2873" said:

This poor lad lost his mind , if he ever had it . RIP