Should I Craft or buy the dawn?

Hello every one

As you can see from the title I am thinking on getting another precursor in this case the dawn.

But Before doing so I am very strictly going to use my gold on my way to get the dawn if that means either crafting it or buying it from tp .

After endless farming in Domain of Instan i got up to the current price of the dawn which is close to 540g , But I have one big question.

If I start the collection of the dawn which also means crafting it, and only use my gold to buy the materials will it be cheaper instead of just buying it straight from tp ?

The reason why I have this question it's because . if it is cheaper to buy the mats and craft it then I will probably have some gold left to get some basic mats to craft the sunrise !

Also one thing that am not sure about is the the recipe of the "spirit of the perfected daysword"

So for those who did crafted the dawn how much did it cost in total ? and will it be cheaper or much more expensive ??

The price question can be answered at GW2 Efficiency:

https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/legendaries

It's ~450 gold to _collect_ versus 520 gold to buy it outright.

However, it's not _crafting_ as such: it's four different collections, including many, many steps that require bouncing all over Tyria.

Thus I urge people who are primarily interested in price to just buy any precursor off the TP, regardless of the cost of the collection. A single minute spent annoyed at finding a heart vendor or doing an event undermines any theoretical savings in cost.

And I urge people who are interested in the journey of building a legendary weapon... or even just like more stuff to do in the game, I urge them to do the collection. Some of the steps can be a lot of fun (for the player in the proper mindset).

If you're unsure, do the first tier collection. It's relatively low-cost and low-impact. If it's fun, keep going; if not, spend the gold on the precursor.

tl;dr Ignore costs.

* Buy off the TP if money is your primary goal

* Do the collection if you like exploring, scavenger hunts, and/or want to feel like you went on a legendary journey.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> The price question can be answered at GW2 Efficiency:

> https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/legendaries

>

> It's ~450 gold to _collect_ versus 520 gold to buy it outright.

>

> However, it's not _crafting_ as such: it's four different collections, including many, many steps that require bouncing all over Tyria.

>

> Thus I urge people who are primarily interested in price to just buy any precursor off the TP, regardless of the cost of the collection. A single minute spent annoyed at finding a heart vendor or doing an event undermines any theoretical savings in cost.

>

> And I urge people who are interested in the journey of building a legendary weapon... or even just like more stuff to do in the game, I urge them to do the collection. Some of the steps can be a lot of fun (for the player in the proper mindset).

>

> If you're unsure, do the first tier collection. It's relatively low-cost and low-impact. If it's fun, keep going; if not, spend the gold on the precursor.

>

> tl;dr Ignore costs.

> * Buy off the TP if money is your primary goal

> * Do the collection if you like exploring, scavenger hunts, and/or want to feel like you went on a legendary journey.

Be honest that's a great way to see that things have always two sides ! Thing is, I already started the Vol.1 couple of months ago and I left it there forgotten due to the fact that it was time consuming so if am not wrong the main point here is that if i just buy the dawn from tp i just straight up have it and if i just work my way towards it I will save some gold to use it on sunrise ! So with that information being said that I already started the Vol.1 Now what would your advice would be ??

> @"smashgodlight.6584" said:

> Thing is, I already started the Vol.1 couple of months ago and I left it there forgotten due to the fact that it was time consuming so if am not wrong the main point here is that if i just buy the dawn from tp i just straight up have it and if i just work my way towards it I will save some gold to use it on sunrise ! So with that information being said that I already started the Vol.1 Now what would your advice would be ??

There's almost no cost involved in Sunrise I, so unless you started Sunrise II, there'd be no coin difference. Sunrise II involves a lot of currency costs plus the first huge expenditures of mats, so if you started that, the calculus would be different.

So in your case, if you've only worked on Sunrise I, my recommendation is the same _for you_: you should buy off the TP, because the coin difference is so small it won't make up for the time invested.

For others reading along, even if you started Vol II, I might still recommend buying Dawn. There's a business concept called "sunk cost" that applies here. It doesn't help if one has already invested a large sum into a project if the project isn't going to end up delivering on its promise ("don't throw good money after bad"). In the case of precursor collections, the time invested is huge. If that time is spent on money-making activities, you'll earn the costs back. Or if that time is spent on stuff you like to do, you'll have more fun and be less likely to burn out.

In the end, this is a game and the goal is to enjoy one's time in Tyria. For some people, that means doing more stuff, in which case: collection method is the way to go, because it's more of what they like in the first place. For others, it means avoiding grind as much as possible, which means earning money however one likes and spending it to shortcut the process.

Put another way, how much gold are you willing to spend to avoid having to earn the geodes, the bandit crests, the ecto, etc? 50 gold? 100 gold? 2000 gold? How much gold would you spend to avoid doing scavenger hunts, traveling to 10-20 different map locations? How much would you pay to avoid sitting at the crafting station an extra 10 minutes?