Let's actually do something about 2v2

bigo.9037

lots of people have been talking about wanting 2v2 and TDM maps for a while. we finally have some, but we can't queue for them. why does it seem like just because they aren't super convenient everyone gave up?

are we just gonna pretend nothing happened until we can queue for it directly?

I'd love to create a server where it's 2v2 all day, open for anyone to join. perhaps like the old King of the Hill 1v1 servers, but with 2v2.

but I'm not sure how to do it. I'd love to team up with someone who knows how to get a server started on EU. I'd be willing to donate 200g for it as well cus that's all I have lol

Since its clear that anet has given up on conquest being the "competetive" game mode Im all for making 2v2 or 3v3 arena the new focus.

This game is basically designed all around convenience and casual play and youre surprised people dont want to touch something inconvenient?

Until there's a queue for it the mode is going to be ignored.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> If the button was there, I would spam it.

>

This sentiment has been voiced over and over, when will anet listen to what works?

Next we will hear about how 2v2 sees no use so theres no reason to further develop it, without taking into account that if there was a queue for it, people would use the queue.

> @"Vicariuz.1605" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > If the button was there, I would spam it.

> >

>

> This sentiment has been voiced over and over, when will anet listen to what works?

>

> Next we will hear about how 2v2 sees no use so theres no reason to further develop it, without taking into account that if there was a queue for it, people would use the queue.

The thing is... once I finish work and spend time with the little one ill hop on for some quick games, I dont want to spend the same time trying to scrap together players for 1 game... I just want to hop into instant action and make the most of my time.

I feel the same way towards team queue and ATs too... Anet really let the workin man down on this one

> > @"Vicariuz.1605" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > If the button was there, I would spam it.

> > >

> >

> > This sentiment has been voiced over and over, when will anet listen to what works?

> >

> > Next we will hear about how 2v2 sees no use so theres no reason to further develop it, without taking into account that if there was a queue for it, people would use the queue.

>

> The thing is... once I finish work and spend time with the little one ill hop on for some quick games, I dont want to spend the same time trying to scrap together players for 1 game... I just want to hop into instant action and make the most of my time.

>

> I feel the same way towards team queue and ATs too... Anet really let the workin man down on this one

I get it with 2v2, but AT? the last thing we need is a solo queue for AT. people need a reason to communicate and form groups.

> @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > @"Vicariuz.1605" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > If the button was there, I would spam it.

> > > >

> > >

> > > This sentiment has been voiced over and over, when will anet listen to what works?

> > >

> > > Next we will hear about how 2v2 sees no use so theres no reason to further develop it, without taking into account that if there was a queue for it, people would use the queue.

> >

> > The thing is... once I finish work and spend time with the little one ill hop on for some quick games, I dont want to spend the same time trying to scrap together players for 1 game... I just want to hop into instant action and make the most of my time.

> >

> > I feel the same way towards team queue and ATs too... Anet really let the workin man down on this one

>

> I get it with 2v2, but AT? the last thing we need is a solo queue for AT. people need a reason to communicate and form groups.

No not about the AT itself, more about how they removed the ability to play with friends in ranked with the rewards at my own discretion and moved it to a time slot format that wont fit into my daily life unless I quit my job...

Ive made several threads in the past even asking for just half the PIP reward rate gain in unranked, this way I could still far and play with friends and also play ranked on the weekends a bit more seriously.. I gain rate every weekend and lose it every weeknight lol so that too

> > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > @"Vicariuz.1605" said:

> > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > If the button was there, I would spam it.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > This sentiment has been voiced over and over, when will anet listen to what works?

> > > >

> > > > Next we will hear about how 2v2 sees no use so theres no reason to further develop it, without taking into account that if there was a queue for it, people would use the queue.

> > >

> > > The thing is... once I finish work and spend time with the little one ill hop on for some quick games, I dont want to spend the same time trying to scrap together players for 1 game... I just want to hop into instant action and make the most of my time.

> > >

> > > I feel the same way towards team queue and ATs too... Anet really let the workin man down on this one

> >

> > I get it with 2v2, but AT? the last thing we need is a solo queue for AT. people need a reason to communicate and form groups.

>

> No not about the AT itself, more about how they removed the ability to play with friends in ranked with the rewards at my own discretion and moved it to a time slot format that wont fit into my daily life unless I quit my job...

>

>

ah like that. well the ATs are more frequent than I thought they would be tbh. just a few days ago I was in an AT after work. at like 2-3 AM. but yea I get it.

> @"Vicariuz.1605" said:

> >

>

> This sentiment has been voiced over and over, when will anet listen to what works?

>

> Next we will hear about how 2v2 sees no use so theres no reason to further develop it, without taking into account that if there was a queue for it, people would use the queue.

Courtyard and tdm. Stronghold. Hated but begged for.

> @"bigo.9037" said:

> but I'm not sure how to do it. I'd love to team up with someone who knows how to get a server started on EU. I'd be willing to donate 200g for it as well cus that's all I have lol

That is what annoys me, you have to pay 200 golds to get an arena and keep it running with 2 golds daily (you have 2 weeks to pay the 2 golds or you will lose it forever.)

My clan recently lost his PvP Arena.

> @"Emtiarbi.3281" said:

> > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > but I'm not sure how to do it. I'd love to team up with someone who knows how to get a server started on EU. I'd be willing to donate 200g for it as well cus that's all I have lol

>

> That is what annoys me, you have to pay 200 golds to get an arena and keep it running with 2 golds daily (you have 2 weeks to pay the 2 golds or you will lose it forever.)

> My clan recently lost his PvP Arena.

I've opened up my own on EU. tested it with 3 other people last night and it works but still need to tweak minor things. I want to add the no healing after 1 minute and the poison fog like in ROMS tournament. look up my map in hotjoin it's called "2v2 King Of The Hill"

inspired by the old 1v1 King of the Hill arena from back in the good old days :)

> @"bigo.9037" said:

> > @"Emtiarbi.3281" said:

> > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > but I'm not sure how to do it. I'd love to team up with someone who knows how to get a server started on EU. I'd be willing to donate 200g for it as well cus that's all I have lol

> >

> > That is what annoys me, you have to pay 200 golds to get an arena and keep it running with 2 golds daily (you have 2 weeks to pay the 2 golds or you will lose it forever.)

> > My clan recently lost his PvP Arena.

>

> I've opened up my own on EU. tested it with 3 other people last night and it works but still need to tweak minor things. I want to add the no healing after 1 minute and the poison fog like in ROMS tournament. look up my map in hotjoin it's called "2v2 King Of The Hill"

>

> inspired by the old 1v1 King of the Hill arena from back in the good old days :)

I think we need to show anet that we really want the 2v2 queue. why should they believe us if nobody takes the first step and start playing when it's available? yeah sure people on forums say they do. but they don't even want to try joining custom arenas? if the players start playing it a lot I'm sure the 2v2 queue will get priotized faster

> @"Ryan.9387" said:

> > @"Vicariuz.1605" said:

> > > If the button was there, I would spam it.

> > >

> >

> > This sentiment has been voiced over and over, when will anet listen to what works?

> >

> > Next we will hear about how 2v2 sees no use so theres no reason to further develop it, without taking into account that if there was a queue for it, people would use the queue.

>

> Courtyard and tdm. Stronghold. Hated but begged for.

I loved courtyard and tdm but it didn't have its own queue

> If the button was there, I would spam it.

>

This, right here. I would love to play 2v2 all day any day if it was as simple as clicking a queue button.

@Bigo why not put up an ad on pvp discord servers about your 2v2 arena and maybe hold a bi-weekly event like ROM's but a bit more casual and chill. You could ask people to chip in a bit of gold or possessions for rewards as incentives.

> @"allias.1420" said:

> >

>

> This, right here. I would love to play 2v2 all day any day if it was as simple as clicking a queue button.

> @Bigo why not put up an ad on pvp discord servers about your 2v2 arena and maybe hold a bi-weekly event like ROM's but a bit more casual and chill. You could ask people to chip in a bit of gold or possessions for rewards as incentives.

>

I have started to advertise it but I'll probably only really be able to during the weekends cuz my work hours are late. last night I did get a few people to try it out though :) although most of the people who seem to join are just recruited from HOTM map chat lol.

> @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> Since its clear that anet has given up on conquest being the "competetive" game mode Im all for making 2v2 or 3v3 arena the new focus.

> This game is basically designed all around convenience and casual play and youre surprised people dont want to touch something inconvenient?

> Until there's a queue for it the mode is going to be ignored.

Conquest was a terrible idea, just terrible. Stronghold was their best chance but their classes are designed for conquest, not stronghold. They have to create a means for stronghold to make other classes viable.

* Replace the archer door with a

* remove the option for players to man the treb and instead make an extra door to spawn an NPC that will man the treb and provide cover fire.

* remove the Lord from the game and replace it with a flag (capture the flag). This gives mesmers and thieves that highlighted viability they have to commune to grab the flag (making them an easy target for a while) It also makes having those wars, gaurds and necros mid a good spot for intercepting or supporting flag carriers.

* Let players grab mounts at certain stages of the game. A door that spawns a mount for you. (fun)

* Change the boss characters that you are allowed to summon into more interesting NPCs like monsters or golems. Giant sized characters was just a strange concept that I don't think looked that good.

* Instead of a "LORD" make a Lieutenant and killing a lieutenant is big points. If you kill three lieutenants than that's a game win condition.

* MAKE THE MAP BIGGER. Make hit like.. big XD. That would be so much fun. I mean there would have to be a lot more added to make it a bit more fair and interesting but I think this would be a proper way to go.

> @"TheDevice.2751" said:

> > @"Amaranthe.3578" said:

> > Since its clear that anet has given up on conquest being the "competetive" game mode Im all for making 2v2 or 3v3 arena the new focus.

> > This game is basically designed all around convenience and casual play and youre surprised people dont want to touch something inconvenient?

> > Until there's a queue for it the mode is going to be ignored.

>

> Conquest was a terrible idea, just terrible. Stronghold was their best chance but their classes are designed for conquest, not stronghold. They have to create a means for stronghold to make other classes viable.

>

> * Replace the archer door with a

> * remove the option for players to man the treb and instead make an extra door to spawn an NPC that will man the treb and provide cover fire.

> * remove the Lord from the game and replace it with a flag (capture the flag). This gives mesmers and thieves that highlighted viability they have to commune to grab the flag (making them an easy target for a while) It also makes having those wars, gaurds and necros mid a good spot for intercepting or supporting flag carriers.

> * Let players grab mounts at certain stages of the game. A door that spawns a mount for you. (fun)

> * Change the boss characters that you are allowed to summon into more interesting NPCs like monsters or golems. Giant sized characters was just a strange concept that I don't think looked that good.

> * Instead of a "LORD" make a Lieutenant and killing a lieutenant is big points. If you kill three lieutenants than that's a game win condition.

> * MAKE THE MAP BIGGER. Make hit like.. big XD. That would be so much fun. I mean there would have to be a lot more added to make it a bit more fair and interesting but I think this would be a proper way to go.

>

I agree that conquest is terrible but I think that a death match would've been better as the competitive game mode. Like 3v3 arena.

However anet has this crazy notion of doing things differently just because...so if WoWs competitive game mode is 3v3 arena GW2 cant have the same.