Can i and if yes where i can use multiaccounts?

If multiboxing is legall (1 key = 1 action, and never use 3rd party io)

Where i can use it?

Can i open daily chest and send t6 bags from laurels and MC to my main?

Can i farm world bosses?

Can i farm my twinks on WvWvW?

Can i use a spot to farm mobs when i contorl all by hands?

Can i farm daily pvp tournament and play like a slowpoke?

Can i use mesmer to teleport my twinks to different wood or ore spots and gather them?

1. Yes you can

2. yes you can, if you are responsive if a gm messages you

3. You can if you put them somewhere to scout, you cant have them at spawn. Must be responsive if a GM messages you.

4. yes you can, if you are responsive when a gm messages you

5. No you cant, this would not be active play and you wouldnt be able to actively play your accounts.

6. Yes you can

I dont understand what you you are asking.

The policy on multi boxing is in the policies that Inculpadus cedo linked.

This is what it states.

Dual- or Multi-Boxing

You may use more than one account at the same time.

You may use more than one computer at the same time.

You must be actively playing on each account.

As stated above, you may not program your keyboard to perform functions on more than one account at a time. For example, if you press W on your keyboard to move forward, a single character on a single account should move forward. The keystroke or mouse click should not perform functions on more than one account.

You can basically do anything you like in the game provided that it complies with the above.

> @"mauried.5608" said:

> I dont understand what you you are asking.

> The policy on multi boxing is in the policies that Inculpadus cedo linked.

> This is what it states.

>

> Dual- or Multi-Boxing

> You may use more than one account at the same time.

> You may use more than one computer at the same time.

> You must be actively playing on each account.

> As stated above, you may not program your keyboard to perform functions on more than one account at a time. For example, if you press W on your keyboard to move forward, a single character on a single account should move forward. The keystroke or mouse click should not perform functions on more than one account.

>

> You can basically do anything you like in the game provided that it complies with the above.

>

>

i ask because i take ban for trying to take mastery point from triple trouble and get banned

> @"Morozzko.2136" said:

> > @"mauried.5608" said:

> > I dont understand what you you are asking.

> > The policy on multi boxing is in the policies that Inculpadus cedo linked.

> > This is what it states.

> >

> > Dual- or Multi-Boxing

> > You may use more than one account at the same time.

> > You may use more than one computer at the same time.

> > You must be actively playing on each account.

> > As stated above, you may not program your keyboard to perform functions on more than one account at a time. For example, if you press W on your keyboard to move forward, a single character on a single account should move forward. The keystroke or mouse click should not perform functions on more than one account.

> >

> > You can basically do anything you like in the game provided that it complies with the above.

> >

> >

>

> i ask because i take ban for trying to take mastery point from triple trouble and get banned

If you truly were using separate keyboards and mice how exactly would they even know and thus ban you? You sure you are not using software to emulate keystrokes?

You do actually have separate peripherals in play while you are multi-boxing?

> @"jbrother.1340" said:

> > @"Morozzko.2136" said:

> > > @"mauried.5608" said:

> > > I dont understand what you you are asking.

> > > The policy on multi boxing is in the policies that Inculpadus cedo linked.

> > > This is what it states.

> > >

> > > Dual- or Multi-Boxing

> > > You may use more than one account at the same time.

> > > You may use more than one computer at the same time.

> > > You must be actively playing on each account.

> > > As stated above, you may not program your keyboard to perform functions on more than one account at a time. For example, if you press W on your keyboard to move forward, a single character on a single account should move forward. The keystroke or mouse click should not perform functions on more than one account.

> > >

> > > You can basically do anything you like in the game provided that it complies with the above.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > i ask because i take ban for trying to take mastery point from triple trouble and get banned

>

> If you truly were using separate keyboards and mice how exactly would they even know and thus ban you? You sure you are not using software to emulate keystrokes?

> You do actually have separate peripherals in play while you are multi-boxing?

You don't need to use diferent peripherals to control accounts, as long as you're controlling them one by one. Like alt+tabbing between the accounts.

Also:

> @"Morozzko.2136" said:

> If multiboxing is legall (1 key = 1 action, and never use 3rd party io)

> Where i can use it?

>

> Can i open daily chest and send t6 bags from laurels and MC to my main?

Yes.

> Can i farm world bosses?

Depends on how you do it. If you're using all characters one at a time by alt tabbing to set them into auto-attack chains, sure.

> Can i farm my twinks on WvWvW?

NO, pretty sure this is abusing the rules.

> Can i use a spot to farm mobs when i contorl all by hands?

Yes

> Can i farm daily pvp tournament and play like a slowpoke?

If you're using multi+boxing to play in ATs without breaking the rules you'll definetly lose, so, sure, why not. It might be considered toxic behaviour and throwing games though, so do it at your own peril.

> Can i use mesmer to teleport my twinks to different wood or ore spots and gather them?

Sure, teleport has a limited range, it'd probably be faster to go by foot, so good luck.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Then, you will have to discuss it with the CS Team. No one on the forums can assist with account action.

>

> Good luck.

i dont have ban yet, i just asking what can i do and what is again tos

> @"jbrother.1340" said:

> If you truly were using separate keyboards and mice how exactly would they even know and thus ban you? You sure you are not using software to emulate keystrokes?

> You do actually have separate peripherals in play while you are multi-boxing?

i mark target on main, then click to window and press T, F1, 5,4, or just T,3,1 for necro or engi squad it is enough, i taking ban for 2 reasons,

first for killing triple trouble and gm ban me for use 3rd party io, they take it out of their heads, but I used the launchpad to enter, so I did not argue, but they ban my main and main was offline at this time, so they unban it. Then I made 10 virtual machines, and got banned for playing tournaments with 10 windows. When i ask support they give link to ToS, but i need gm can explain to me, what can i do. No one wants to give official can or cannot

Can you explain in more detail this statement.

i mark target on main, then click to window and press T, F1, 5,4, or just T,3,1 for necro or engi squad it is enough.

If you are controlling a squad with those keystrokes, you must be controlling multiple characters per keystroke, which is not allowed, unless Im not understanding your methodology.

Also if you are playing 10 virtual machines, are you using 10 keyboards and 10 mice , or some other control method?

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"jbrother.1340" said:

> > > @"Morozzko.2136" said:

> > > > @"mauried.5608" said:

> > > > I dont understand what you you are asking.

> > > > The policy on multi boxing is in the policies that Inculpadus cedo linked.

> > > > This is what it states.

> > > >

> > > > Dual- or Multi-Boxing

> > > > You may use more than one account at the same time.

> > > > You may use more than one computer at the same time.

> > > > You must be actively playing on each account.

> > > > As stated above, you may not program your keyboard to perform functions on more than one account at a time. For example, if you press W on your keyboard to move forward, a single character on a single account should move forward. The keystroke or mouse click should not perform functions on more than one account.

> > > >

> > > > You can basically do anything you like in the game provided that it complies with the above.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > i ask because i take ban for trying to take mastery point from triple trouble and get banned

> >

> > If you truly were using separate keyboards and mice how exactly would they even know and thus ban you? You sure you are not using software to emulate keystrokes?

> > You do actually have separate peripherals in play while you are multi-boxing?

>

> You don't need to use diferent peripherals to control accounts, as long as you're controlling them one by one. Like alt+tabbing between the accounts.

I agree and wasn't thinking like that. I would find that tedious though and not efficient for me personally. I would just use a laptop and a desktop side by side or two laptops probably if I wanted to do this for some reason. I can use a mouse the same with either hand though and some probably have a far stronger hand on one side.

>

> i mark target on main, then click to window and press T, F1, 5,4, or just T,3,1 for necro or engi squad it is enough, i taking ban for 2 reasons,

> first for killing triple trouble and gm ban me for use 3rd party io, they take it out of their heads, but I used the launchpad to enter, so I did not argue, but they ban my main and main was offline at this time, so they unban it. Then I made 10 virtual machines, and got banned for playing tournaments with 10 windows. When i ask support they give link to ToS, but i need gm can explain to me, what can i do. No one wants to give official can or cannot

While I could couldn't care less myself others might see this as exploiting. Why not just start the game 10 times instead of all the VM's? I don't play this on windows though so I am not sure of the in and out of starting it more than 1 time on a single PC.

> @"jbrother.1340" said:

> While I could couldn't care less myself others might see this as exploiting.

It doesn't matter what "others might see," it only matters what ANet considers to be an exploit. And the conditions are stated above, roughly paraphrased as "a separate keystroke for every 'action' on each account." For example, if the OP is running 20 scourges across 20 accounts, they have to press `F1` twenty times, regardless of whether they are using 20 VM, 20 computers, one computer with 20 instances of gw2.exe, or any combination.

> Why not just start the game 10 times instead of all the VM's?

There are pros & cons to either method, so it usually comes down to what is easier to manage for the player.

Sorry OP but your posts do not seem to make much sense.

1) i ask because i take ban for trying to take mastery point from triple trouble and get banned

Banned "for trying to take mastery point" ?

2) i dont have ban yet, i just asking what can i do and what is again tos

So you were NOT banned?

3) i taking ban for 2 reasons, first for killing triple trouble and gm ban me for use 3rd party io

Wait, first it is for taking a mastery point, then it is not at all banned and now it is for third party io?

4) they take it out of their heads, but I used the launchpad to enter, so I did not argue

Who is they, what did they take out of their heads, what is the lauchpad, where did you enter and why does this make you not want to argue being banned?

5) but they ban my main and main was offline at this time, so they unban it

Wow it gets even more complicated. Banned, not banned yet, banned and not arguing, banned and then unbanned, do we got all versions covered?

6) Then I made 10 virtual machines, and got banned

Why am I not surprised.

The Ops posts are difficult to understand, but the obvious question is how does Anet know the OP is multiboxing?

Id suggest the OP has been reported by other players for doing something extremely obvious that breaks the multiboxing rules, and that just about always means breaking the one key i action rule, as its normally pretty hard to pick a multiboxer otherwise.

Anet has observed the OP playing and concluded that the actions break the rules.

> @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> Sorry OP but your posts do not seem to make much sense.

>

> 1) i ask because i take ban for trying to take mastery point from triple trouble and get banned

> Banned "for trying to take mastery point" ?

I was banned for a month

> 2) i dont have ban yet, i just asking what can i do and what is again tos

> So you were NOT banned?

I was banned for a month, and dont want to take ban again

> 3) i taking ban for 2 reasons, first for killing triple trouble and gm ban me for use 3rd party io

> Wait, first it is for taking a mastery point, then it is not at all banned and now it is for third party io?

wurm kill = mastery point

> 4) they take it out of their heads, but I used the launchpad to enter, so I did not argue

> Who is they, what did they take out of their heads, what is the lauchpad, where did you enter and why does this make you not want to argue being banned?

>

> 5) but they ban my main and main was offline at this time, so they unban it

> Wow it gets even more complicated. Banned, not banned yet, banned and not arguing, banned and then unbanned, do we got all versions covered?

I woke up, saw the ban, wrote a ticket, got the main account unlock

> 6) Then I made 10 virtual machines, and got banned

> Why am I not surprised.

Banned for daily tournaments

> @"mauried.5608" said:

> The Ops posts are difficult to understand, but the obvious question is how does Anet know the OP is multiboxing?

> Id suggest the OP has been reported by other players for doing something extremely obvious that breaks the multiboxing rules, and that just about always means breaking the one key i action rule, as its normally pretty hard to pick a multiboxer otherwise.

> Anet has observed the OP playing and concluded that the actions break the rules.

>

>

yes they know, all accounts have same name and payment card

i just want to understad what can i do with my necro army

From the description, this sounds more like an AFK violation. The comments "I woke up, saw the ban,..." and "i just want to understad what can i do with my necro army" suggest that perhaps the OP has 10 accounts, playing necros, and leaving them together someplace so that they kill anything that shows up and accumulate loot (note I may be making some assumptions here).

AFK farming is certainly not allowed, whether with 1 account or 10. 10 accounts probably make it more obvious, as other players see a bunch of players sitting around doing nothing.

I'm really struggling to understand why the OP struggles to understand the rules:

* Any skill or movement for _each_ account has to be initiated by a separate key stroke. Are you doing that for each and every account?

* You don't have to put all your attention into the game, you have to put some into it. In particular, if the GMs whisper you, you have to respond. Are you able to know which account is getting a whisper and swap back? (Or otherwise swapping often enough so you can see any whispers?)

* You cannot be using any macros to automate the actions. Are you clicking the keys yourself?

It's really not that hard to avoid being suspended for AFK farming or botting. You have to go out of your way to violate the guidelines.

> @"Solvar.7953" said:

> From the description, this sounds more like an AFK violation. The comments "I woke up, saw the ban,..." and "i just want to understad what can i do with my necro army" suggest that perhaps the OP has 10 accounts, playing necros, and leaving them together someplace so that they kill anything that shows up and accumulate loot (note I may be making some assumptions here).

> AFK farming is certainly not allowed, whether with 1 account or 10. 10 accounts probably make it more obvious, as other players see a bunch of players sitting around doing nothing.

>

>

no, never do afk farm or farm on possible afk spots, i dont vine that anet ban me for noreason.

**Question is what can i do**, i told about ban only because I was asked.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> I'm really struggling to understand why the OP struggles to understand the rules:

> * Any skill or movement for _each_ account has to be initiated by a separate key stroke. Are you doing that for each and every account?

> * You don't have to put all your attention into the game, you have to put some into it. In particular, if the GMs whisper you, you have to respond. Are you able to know which account is getting a whisper and swap back? (Or otherwise swapping often enough so you can see any whispers?)

> * You cannot be using any macros to automate the actions. Are you clicking the keys yourself?

>

> It's really not that hard to avoid being suspended for AFK farming or botting. You have to go out of your way to violate the guidelines.

GM never pm me in game.

I do not move characters, I use the mersmer portal.

If you never move the characters, how do they get to the portal? How do they utilize the portal?

If you have 10 Necros (with Minions) standing on top of each other, and portaling to the same spot, over and over, that may look more than suspicious.

Why don't you just avoid any possible further bans and just play each account as most players?

Regardless of what anyone says here, any actions or possible actions are the sole determination of ArenaNet, and can only be discussed/challenged with the CS Team.

Good luck.

Maybe ArenaNet should add something like "You are allowed to Mulitbox as long as you are not doing something totally and untterly ridiculous like building an army of slaveaccounts to run in virtual machines at the same time without actually being played or supervised"? Then again, most people have enough common sense to know this will likely not be tolerated.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"jbrother.1340" said:

> > While I could couldn't care less myself others might see this as exploiting.

>

> It doesn't matter what "others might see," it only matters what ANet considers to be an exploit. And the conditions are stated above, roughly paraphrased as "a separate keystroke for every 'action' on each account." For example, if the OP is running 20 scourges across 20 accounts, they have to press `F1` twenty times, regardless of whether they are using 20 VM, 20 computers, one computer with 20 instances of gw2.exe, or any combination.

>

> > Why not just start the game 10 times instead of all the VM's?

> There are pros & cons to either method, so it usually comes down to what is easier to manage for the player.

yeah thanks. Now if you would just let the poster speak for their self.

but thanks... It would consumer a lot less resources to start the game over running a VM with the game running it it so I was just curious about this users particular reason not your speculation but um thanks.

I won't bother asking more questions in this thread obviously it bothers you.

> @"jbrother.1340" said:

> yeah thanks. Now if you would just let the poster speak for their self.

The poster can and has spoken for themself.

Because your question came after a misleading comment about what is considered an exploit, I thought it was intended as a related idea. I responded on behalf of other people reading this public thread.

> I won't bother asking more questions in this thread obviously it bothers you.

Ask away. I'm not bothered by your questions.

I don't want the poster to be worried about what other people consider to be an exploit; they only have to be concerned with ANet's take on the matter. Which has nothing to do with using VM versus starting multiple instances of gw2.exe in the same instance of the OS. I mention that because it sometimes comes up in other threads on the topic, with some thinking it matters in terms of how ANet treats the situation (it doesn't).