Spellbreaker vs Soulbeast

Brendan.1309

A 1v1 with a ranger is inevitable and most rangers are garbage, having said that there are few really great rangers out there that can take down a Spellbreaker.

I want to learn more about the matchup.

What do you have to keep in mind when going up against a great ranger?

What do great rangers do against you that you find the most difficult hardest to counter?

What else do I need to know?

I'm new to the game so the more details you can provide will help a lot, but any input would be much appreciated.

It depends on the ranger skill and the build.

If a ranger is using the cheesy boon spamming build then you will have a really hard time removing the boons (even if you trait to remove the boons).

If you and the ranger have the same skill level, then you will always lose to the ranger because their build (boon spam) is more efficient.

i recently found out that druids vs spellbreakers will mostly go in favor of the druid if the druid knows what's he's doing and has substantial damage along with his invis, teleports and massive damage/condi with the pet.

soulbeasts on the other hand, you can block projectiles, dodge his gs and do damage back. with his lesser healing compared to the druid, the SoBe vs SpBr game is who deals the fastest successive damage.

There are those that are good with their offense and defense rotations but I find those that also play reactively on top of that are more dangerous. For me when fighting an sbeast, it mostly depends on what choice of weapon set they are using, and what pet in conjunction with that. I've seen a lot more hybrid'ish dmg sbeasts lately, with just enough condi but enough dmg with about 20-23k hp. I think their offhand axe can do around 20k if you get caught in it. If I know they play warhorn+sword somewhere with a bird I don't bother chasing. If they are playing some kind of boon variant you might die from old age whittling them down. In general I just keep tight and try not to give them any breathing room, saving my full counters for their burst rotation or when in a pinch, have to make good use of when you want to use your burst because they can recover really quickly before you get your next chance. If I can tank the dmg in order to put in my burst I will. What kind of sbeasts are you running into? Just lb+gs mostly or what?

> @"luzonophir.7134" said:

> i recently found out that druids vs spellbreakers will mostly go in favor of the druid if the druid knows what's he's doing and has substantial damage along with his invis, teleports and massive damage/condi with the pet.

>

> soulbeasts on the other hand, you can block projectiles, dodge his gs and do damage back. with his lesser healing compared to the druid, the SoBe vs SpBr game is who deals the fastest successive damage.

Actually not even if they "know what they are doing". Druid is in a significantly silly place right now in that I've literally seen Druids dodge for no reason when I fight them, I am able to land hits and deal damage but unless I down them within those brief moments they just kite/stealth and heal to full with skills on a low cooldown and they can just do this *constantly*.

I *despise* Druid right now because it genuinely doesn't punish a player for making mistakes in a fight and that should not be how it works.

> @"KryTiKaL.3125" said:

> > @"luzonophir.7134" said:

> > i recently found out that druids vs spellbreakers will mostly go in favor of the druid if the druid knows what's he's doing and has substantial damage along with his invis, teleports and massive damage/condi with the pet.

> >

> > soulbeasts on the other hand, you can block projectiles, dodge his gs and do damage back. with his lesser healing compared to the druid, the SoBe vs SpBr game is who deals the fastest successive damage.

>

> Actually not even if they "know what they are doing". Druid is in a significantly silly place right now in that I've literally seen Druids dodge for no reason when I fight them, I am able to land hits and deal damage but unless I down them within those brief moments they just kite/stealth and heal to full with skills on a low cooldown and they can just do this *constantly*.

>

> I *despise* Druid right now because it genuinely doesn't punish a player for making mistakes in a fight and that should not be how it works.

Hehe those druids that know when to pull off their ca to stealth, reposition and heal are indeed quite a pain, but it's the sustain on top of that which just leads to a never ending fight not in your favor as they whittle you down slowly as your hair grays and kite, ca, kite XD. We will not speak of non staff druids though, they are mostly piece of cake.