thief and 2 vs 2

Casiano.2705

Increasing trickery And acro’s trait percentages for Vigor and ini Regen to a actual significant value, make preparedness baseline to elevate the must have utilities,sig of agility etc would help a lot. Thief relies on evade frames and mobility and having to trait trickery and Acro to get a decent base for its resources combined with needed utility skills just to have some serviceability is too much compared to what every other professions had to trait for especially since it’s damage isn’t top dog, might be high if u trait all damage lines plus sig of Assassin tho haha. I read a lot of how bland thief utilities are but I think there pretty well designed and are fun, just not useful enough so take same few always which is bland

• 5 weeks later...

One thing people usually forget is that thief is a profession with a specific play style and feel to it, like all the others. You want to change the role thief it's "pidgeoneholed" in, you either break the profession (make it op or unplayable), either change it's play style. At this point instead of playing thief you are better playing some other profession that suits that play style alltogether and leave thief alone. No one is bound to one profession in this game and if you like a diferent way to approach your fights and have other roles to play in mind you'd be better just taking up on another profession.

Totally makes sense. Because it has always been this way so there for can only be this way attitude. It can't be changed because it will be OP blablabla. Oh wait, firebrand plays completely different than core guard, oh wait holo plays completely different to core engineers ... are they completely op.. are they completely unplayable? No... no they are not. They are both playable and play completely different than their core spec.

So no. Its people who are used to things a certain way and want them to stay that way these are usually people who aren't affected by change. Just like how Rich people don't see a problem with the world because they are not on the other side.

> @"NuhDah.9812" said:

> One thing people usually forget is that thief is a profession with a specific play style and feel to it, like all the others. You want to change the role thief it's "pidgeoneholed" in, you either break the profession (make it op or unplayable), either change it's play style. At this point instead of playing thief you are better playing some other profession that suits that play style alltogether and leave thief alone. No one is bound to one profession in this game and if you like a diferent way to approach your fights and have other roles to play in mind you'd be better just taking up on another profession.

> @"TorQ.7041" said:

> Totally makes sense. Because it has always been this way so there for can only be this way attitude. It can't be changed because it will be OP blablabla. Oh wait, firebrand plays completely different than core guard, oh wait holo plays completely different to core engineers ... are they completely op.. are they completely unplayable? No... no they are not. They are both playable and play completely different than their core spec.

>

> So no. Its people who are used to things a certain way and want them to stay that way these are usually people who aren't affected by change. Just like how Rich people don't see a problem with the world because they are not on the other side.

>

>

>

> > @"NuhDah.9812" said:

> > One thing people usually forget is that thief is a profession with a specific play style and feel to it, like all the others. You want to change the role thief it's "pidgeoneholed" in, you either break the profession (make it op or unplayable), either change it's play style. At this point instead of playing thief you are better playing some other profession that suits that play style alltogether and leave thief alone. No one is bound to one profession in this game and if you like a diferent way to approach your fights and have other roles to play in mind you'd be better just taking up on another profession.

>

I'm not against buffing thief or normalizing the other professions or the specific builds that are out of control, don't get me wrong. I'm just against some drastic changes that would greatly affect play style... like when people demand removing stealth so thief can be buffed to be more combat competitive against other professions or remove initiative system/make it work totally stupid, like decaying out of combat, or other shit like this I read on the forum every day. There's a lot of people who have no idea how to play the game and come with all sort of mindfucked ideas on how to destroy stuff that works ok if you spend some time and involve yourself in the learning process, that would make anyone have an aversion against opinions that were already proved to not work as intended, instead making stuff even more broken (e.g. mesmer and de revamps). I personally am against getting raw dmg and hp buffs to thief in the detriment of mobility and stealth (unless is the 100% uptime stealth some troll builds have). And I'm also against giving to much attention to posts made by people crying they get wrecked by someone else on another profession so the later needs to be nerfed, when they obviously never explored the options the game offers in the first place. I prefer understanding what killed me and work towards getting better. Mobility and stealth gives me more options towards that goal, than raw dmg and hp.

As for the 2v2 thief compatibility. well, what can I tell you, there will always be a small selection of profession and builds that will be at the top for this. thief doesn't need to be good at this as long as they can be decent at dueling and really good in their niche specific role. If you make thief a good 1v1er you'll need to take something else from it, like mobility or stealth for it no not overperform (trust me, people cry about thief enough already for the devs to just mindlessly buff thief and not take something else away), again making it play like something a warrior does, in the end reducing the gameplay diversity and just giving all professions the same tools to make them "balanced" in all aspects to stop people from crying out of ego-pain. And trust me, people will still cry. So instead of ruining diversity in this game other options would be l2p and enjoy what niche playstyle your profession offers, or choose another profession and spec that better suits your gameplay.

> @"NuhDah.9812" said:

> > @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > Totally makes sense. Because it has always been this way so there for can only be this way attitude. It can't be changed because it will be OP blablabla. Oh wait, firebrand plays completely different than core guard, oh wait holo plays completely different to core engineers ... are they completely op.. are they completely unplayable? No... no they are not. They are both playable and play completely different than their core spec.

> >

> > So no. Its people who are used to things a certain way and want them to stay that way these are usually people who aren't affected by change. Just like how Rich people don't see a problem with the world because they are not on the other side.

> >

> >

> >

> > > @"NuhDah.9812" said:

> > > One thing people usually forget is that thief is a profession with a specific play style and feel to it, like all the others. You want to change the role thief it's "pidgeoneholed" in, you either break the profession (make it op or unplayable), either change it's play style. At this point instead of playing thief you are better playing some other profession that suits that play style alltogether and leave thief alone. No one is bound to one profession in this game and if you like a diferent way to approach your fights and have other roles to play in mind you'd be better just taking up on another profession.

> >

>

> I'm not against buffing thief or normalizing the other professions or the specific builds that are out of control, don't get me wrong. I'm just against some drastic changes that would greatly affect play style... like when people demand removing stealth so thief can be buffed to be more combat competitive against other professions or remove initiative system/make it work totally stupid, like decaying out of combat, or other kitten like this I read on the forum every day. There's a lot of people who have no idea how to play the game and come with all sort of mindfucked ideas on how to destroy stuff that works ok if you spend some time and involve yourself in the learning process, that would make anyone have an aversion against opinions that were already proved to not work as intended, instead making stuff even more broken (e.g. mesmer and de revamps). I personally am against getting raw dmg and hp buffs to thief in the detriment of mobility and stealth (unless is the 100% uptime stealth some troll builds have). And I'm also against giving to much attention to posts made by people crying they get wrecked by someone else on another profession so the later needs to be nerfed, when they obviously never explored the options the game offers in the first place. I prefer understanding what killed me and work towards getting better. Mobility and stealth gives me more options towards that goal, than raw dmg and hp.

>

> As for the 2v2 thief compatibility. well, what can I tell you, there will always be a small selection of profession and builds that will be at the top for this. thief doesn't need to be good at this as long as they can be decent at dueling and really good in their niche specific role. If you make thief a good 1v1er you'll need to take something else from it, like mobility or stealth for it no not overperform (trust me, people cry about thief enough already for the devs to just mindlessly buff thief and not take something else away), again making it play like something a warrior does, in the end reducing the gameplay diversity and just giving all professions the same tools to make them "balanced" in all aspects to stop people from crying out of ego-pain. And trust me, people will still cry. So instead of ruining diversity in this game other options would be l2p and enjoy what niche playstyle your profession offers, or choose another profession and spec that better suits your gameplay.

I don’t disagree that removing certain things and adding certain things will detract it from the thief as what ever role it is right now. But they don’t need to change what the specs are right now they could just make a specialization that actually match the description. A 1v1 rogue. Which is the description and what people who never played the game look at to decide their class. I don’t believe it’s impossible to rework a new spec to do that, considering my example such as the holo.

You can’t tell new players this is the best 1v1 class in the game in the description then u spend hours playing it to realize it’s actually not. Either that or just change the description.

I am pretty happy about deadeye tbh and it plays completely different to the other thief specs.

sure, something ideal like a new ideal duelist elite spec that idealy wouldn't interfere at all with the system and rest the elite specs thief has, would be ideal. Unfortunately Im also sure it would be pretty hard to create something like this, but who knows, maybe the dual sword wilding samurai type elite spec some people wish for, or whatever else they create, to be just this ideal entity.

But, anyways, I feel you are too hung up on the lore of thief or ingame written description on the charcter creation panel. It's pretty silly to do that if you are an experienced player and journeyed with your thief facing all sorts of troubles, fighting other players, being outnumbred and able to escape or even destroy you enemies, pulling tricks on other players, hard carrying spvp matches, completing hard challenges in pve and so on. You know after a while what thief is all about and what it sgould be capable of doing without reading the char creation description.