How do I optimize my laptop for GW2?

So to preface, let me explain that I've never been a PC gamer. I only recently acquired a decently spec'd laptop for the first time ever and wanted to dabble with Guild Wars 2 again since it won't be at minimum settings. However, since i installed, it's putting me at low settings still and that doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I misjudged my specs? I'm getting knocked down hoever from 100+ fps to about the mid 30's and some slight stutter. I'll post what I have here, and if you guys could explain what's going on, or how to improve the situation I'd very much appreciate it.

Acer Aspire 7 A717-72G-700J

16GB DDR4 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5 Dedicated VRAM

Intel 8th Gen i7 8750H processor at 2.2 GHz up to 4.1GHz with Turbo Boost

256GB PCIe NVMe SSD

I would recommend to:

Put shadows no higher than medium, this may cause stuttering when moving and turning.

Set your character model limit no higher than medium. This will help with performance in areas with many action going on.

Also, search a bit for existing GW2 graphics settings guides, like:

In the end, you will need to tweak things a bit yourself, and in some situations, performance will always be low, even on a 5GHz CPU with a Titan card. These situations may include some poorly optimized locations in newer maps with lots of eye candy and massive battles. (World boss battles and massive WvW battles are notorious)

Generally, your laptop should run the game just fine.