Advance crafting materials: Charms

mnyonk.6134

Dear Anet, does it matter which salvage tool (cooper, silver or blackLion) is used in salvaging runes/sigils to get those new charms of brilliance , potence and skill that i desperately needs for crafting other runes ? . With the new update, runes and sigils price has skyrocketed to heaven because of these charms. It will be great if i can just collect the mats myself.

Black Lion Salvage Kits will return the rune or sigil itself, not the charm, when salvaging armor or weapons. Silver should have a higher chance of returning charms, but I've gotten them from both copper and silver. They are not dropped as frequently as the sigils or runes used to, or even the lucent motes currently do.

> @"mnyonk.6134" said:

> Dear Anet, does it matter which salvage tool (cooper, silver or blackLion) is used in salvaging runes/sigils to get those new charms of brilliance , potence and skill that i desperately needs for crafting other runes ? . With the new update, runes and sigils price has skyrocketed to heaven because of these charms. It will be great if i can just collect the mats myself.

if you salvage runes and sigils directly, the rarity of the salvage kit doesnt influence your droprate of the new materials (lucent motes, charms and symbols) but if you salvage gear that has runes or sigils slotted, higher rarity kits will get you more lucent motes, charms and symbols.