Do we/players have ANY say.

Most of the "suggestions" made by other players are downright stupid and sometimes borderline insane from what Ive seen so far. They dont know what they are talking about.

The suggestions that come from "big" players like WP seem to actually make sense. Listening to feedback is important, but to feedback thats posted here on the forums by randoms? hell no.

The game currently has quite a few problems and balance is the least of them. Just goes to show how disconnected from reality the people here are.

I agree Anet is not listening but I dont think OP is right too - Anet can't listen to whines about something being op or up all the time. But...

I see people screaming: we want build templates for years now.

I see people writing they want new paid hairstyles as well.

I see people writing they want dungeons to be reworked and work well instead of being abandoned.

I think in these things, they quite right and its really a lot of players.

I don't really understand why Anet is not doing anything with these 3 and many other things. Sure a lot of players comes to forums to complain to nerf something because they can't outplay something or with ideas that are costly to implement and not many would like.

But there are also ideas (like some of the above) that are literally spammed by tons of players, basically everyone wants it yet Anet ignores it.

I just dont get it.

But who are the "players"?

The basic problem with MMO forums is that the players who post on the forums think that they represent the entire player base, ie every GW2 player reads and posts on the forums.

In reality though, its nothing like this as forums mainly attract players who want to complain about something, but players who are happy with the game have no need to complain so have no need to read or post on the forums .

> @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> Say, as in input, yes. ANet has repeatedly said that devs read the forums, particularly sub-forums that pertain to their area of responsibility.

>

> Say, as in decision-making power, no. Putting the inmates in charge of the asylum is not going to happen.

>

> The problem with player perceptions of balance is that there is rarely, if ever, a consensus on what needs to happen -- even if given players believe this is the case. Player suggestions may or may not be really needed, and may or may not be practical. Devs need to consider all sides of balance issues, plus look at the numbers and results being produced. This takes time, and as always, any balance changes are going to displease as many as they please.

I am looking forward to more European style consumer protection laws in the US (after Trumples and his merry band of thieves is evicted, of course). That will include electronic property.