Hitpoint values visible on healthbars

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> Or alternatively an option to replace damage from attacks with percentage numbers.

This might work for some enemies, but for bosses (especially world bosses) I imagine the percentages would be so small that it would be completely unhelpful, and maybe even offputting. Of course, seeing your damage numbers relative to their actual health might be similarly unhelpful.

Personally I'd like to be able to disable damage floaters completely (of course, the two are not mutually exclusive).

> @"luzonophir.7134" said:

> if 7,000 hitpoint damage on your first attack makes the target's hp down to 85%, you should already know the total health (in hitpoints) of the target.

Yes, but if I would like to see the health pool my target has before I decide to attack it. I doesn't seem like all to unreasonable a request since other MMO's have had this functionality since forever.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"luzonophir.7134" said:

> > if 7,000 hitpoint damage on your first attack makes the target's hp down to 85%, you should already know the total health (in hitpoints) of the target.

>

> Yes, but if I would like to see the health pool my target has before I decide to attack it. I doesn't seem like all to unreasonable a request since other MMO's have had this functionality since forever.

But at the same time, very few MMOs have a combat system that allows for a 1 Second TTK. As its stands, the only defense against certain gank builds is their underestimation of their target's defenses. Most of time they already control the terms of the engagement, can disengage at will, and the only way to outlast them is force them to expend their resources in a gambit. If those builds have the information to accurately estimate a One-combo kill, it makes forcing their hand of a half way competent player nigh impossible.

To the argument of "just make it PvE only"....... ultimately, what good is that information when the TTKs are longer then a single combo, and the HP scale of most difficult mobs are so large, that most people can't calculate "number of hits to kill" in their head anyway. The 2 most useful derived metrics you could get off of that don't happen at a scale that is particularly useful for split second decisions.

Then theres issue of how much space it will take up in the bar. Most Raid bosses are 8 digits, and presumably that had to be readable inside the HP bar.