Beetle racing dailies, please don't make anymore spontaneous dailies anet

First of all, I do see there will be people within the community that will object to my views

As someone who has a 9-6 job, having a small window for GW2, I would like to be able to pack as much to-do contents within this short time window.

but I find having spontaneous events for dailies can be frustrating and time wasting.

as at times i get to the race location, the race has already started with insufficient time to complete the race

or idling there waiting for the event to pop; moving to other planned to-do contents may mean missing the race again

I would very much appreciate for future similar events to have a fixed timetable like world bosses and map metas, so those like myself who only have limited playtime window is able to plan and fit in as many contents as possible, thanks :)

When ANet created the map meta events for the HoT maps, one of the complaints was that the events were on timers. It seems some people prefer spontaneous events. One of the problems with massively multiplayer games is that the larger the player-base, the more likely it is that by pleasing one group, ANet will inevitably displease another.

As a result, I've always thought that the sanest thing to do as a player was accept that some things in the game are not going to be for me. While there is no harm in asking for what you want, be prepared for the possibility that you may not get it.

I don't mind the dailies themselves, however I agree that completing daily races can be quite frustrating. I've literally been 10 seconds too late in starting a race and wasted 8 minutes trying to complete my laps. There's also no timer or indication as to when the next race will occur. Not to mention how three laps for some of the races (mainly brisban) is completely ludicrous. I like that Anet is adding more diverse content, however their implementation is not very user friendly.

> @"jwaz.1908" said:

> I don't mind the dailies themselves, however I agree that completing daily races can be quite frustrating. I've literally been 10 seconds too late in starting a race and wasted 8 minutes trying to complete my laps. There's also no timer or indication as to when the next race will occur. Not to mention how three laps for some of the races (mainly brisban) is completely ludicrous. I like that Anet is adding more diverse content, however their implementation is not very user friendly.

hmmm... yeah, could be another way, as long as you have completed 1 lap out of 3 it will count towards daily's participation? like sanctum sprint, you dont need to finish the course, as long as the system registered you have participated it counts?