Should I feel bad about eating Choya?

Daniel Handler.4816

> @"Wyvern.5329" said:

> > @"Lord of the Fire.6870" said:

> > Same goes for harpy and orc meat

>

> There are charr in Ashford forums that talk about the flavor of harpy.

>

> Also, charr who have been cut off from supply lines have eaten human prisoners during the war.

>

> Edit to add another thing;

>

> You can even wear a human skull as an accessory in one starting charr hair style...

>

> I don't think you should feel bad about eating choya, but I think that Malomedies would weep x3

That skull's too small to be human, even on the largest charr. It's humanoid for sure, but unlikely to even be a child's skull.

I have the theory that these skulls are actually replicas made out of either gypsum plaster, painted metal, wood, or some other material, that is widely available. If we remember how oldschool charr react to humans and see them as an enemy, we can infer that if a charr wants to look tough, he can wear these fashionable "monster" skull accessories, similar to how cattle skulls were used as a form of decor in rural places.

As for eating a choya, at least the sugar rib roast is not made from the choya themselves, but from a root they seem to cultivate, according to the item's description. Unless choya are poisonous you can eat and digest them perfectly fine. I just wonder what happens to cannibalistic choya. Are they susceptible to certain diseases?

Are we even sure the chef in Pricklepatch Hollow is preparing a meal containing choya and not the round cacti that grow all over their lair? The spines seem off, and if it was a choya, you'd think it would be a different shape and colour. Additionally, the whole explode upon death issue would make it difficult to collect such a large chunk of choya, but the round cacti seem to have the right size.