Please revert Warrior changes, they are bad and you ruined Wintersday

ProverbsofHell.2307

> @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> On the topic of stupid nerfs, love how they added an internal cooldown to evasion runes, runes that literally only benefit roaming weavers actually allowing us to use air instead of arcane and still have condi clear. kitten you ANET.

That really doesn't matter. An exploit-y interaction is still an exploit-y interaction. Just be glad you weren't punished for using it. If this was another company, you might've been.

This latest patch is the worst xmas gift ever!! (And not only for warriors,... )

With the Forceful Greatsword and Axe Mastery changes the build diversity is even more broken then before. Using 2x axe is now incredibly boosted (even before it was already very strong), but now not using them feels really stupid because of the extra ferocity and might gain per critical hit. Why are axes pushed so much to the point that equipping anything else doesn't make any sense anymore? Is there any axes hate club I can join?

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > On the topic of stupid nerfs, love how they added an internal cooldown to evasion runes, runes that literally only benefit roaming weavers actually allowing us to use air instead of arcane and still have condi clear. kitten you ANET.

>

> That really doesn't matter. An exploit-y interaction is still an exploit-y interaction. Just be glad you weren't punished for using it. If this was another company, you might've been.

Using a rune the way it was intended is an exploit to you? I hope I have to update my sarcasm detector.

> @"Strages.2950" said:

> As much as I hate the damage nerf on FC, the 1 second increase on daze is interesting. This should allow for more damage to be dealt from other skills while the opponent is dazed. Is it worth the trade off? I dont know yet tbh, the damage nerf still seems rather steep.

Well, upon actually playing SB post patch... FC is now useless. It hits lower than auto-attacks, can't even kill mesmer clones at this point (marauder armor, zerk trinkets/weapons). They overdid it, as usual.

> @"Strages.2950" said:

> > @"Strages.2950" said:

> > As much as I hate the damage nerf on FC, the 1 second increase on daze is interesting. This should allow for more damage to be dealt from other skills while the opponent is dazed. Is it worth the trade off? I dont know yet tbh, the damage nerf still seems rather steep.

>

> Well, upon actually playing SB post patch... FC is now useless. It hits lower than auto-attacks, can't even kill mesmer clones at this point (marauder armor, zerk trinkets/weapons). They overdid it, as usual.

Yep, it's totally useless now. After they gimped WoD, and now Full Counter, I honestly see very little reason to play Spellbreaker anymore in WvW.

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"Sahfur.5612" said:

> > My entire interrupt confusion and condition build that required timing, playing around the opponents mobility, rationing skills, stripping resistance and condition clear... and was primarily a support cc build of sorts WAS REMOVED AND NOW I HAVE AN ENTIRE SET OF WEAPONS AND ARMOUR THAT ARE UTTERLY USELESS.

> > Balance - ok.

> > Removing entire playstyles when they aren't even meta without offering at least comparatively viable alternatives for that gear set - not ok!

> >

> > It was literally the hardest build on warrior to get a kill with as well as the most easily countered by resistance, stab, clear, mobility but that doesn't mean it should be removed! I remember that they promised not to eliminate build diversity and playstyles so we could feel better about the locked stats on much of our gear..

> >

> > Although I was using primarily power builds (when I logged on to play.. the bad balance lately has kinda had me playing warframe or other games when previously I was a super fan), I liked that I had the option to switch when I wanted.. now this sweeping, short sighted change has entirely removed the use of an entire -stat- for my class and don't tell me that berserker is viable because it literally isn't and that is the sad fact.

> >

> > Don't remove skill based builds with tons of counters, make them more viable but don't buff them through the roof either... I just want my interrupt support build back.

> > I know its silly because I am far more effective on boring builds but it just seems like they are doing their best to kill off diversity lately and the build system is losing what made it great - something that I would brag about to people who play other games. User input and the ability to change how the class plays via a few traits.

> >

> > This change is not in the previous spirit of arenanet - its in the spirit of giving up. Something that.. I find myself doing as each class I play gets more boring and streamlined.. like some overly user friendly operating system with firmware locks to prevent you from doing fun stuff.

>

> Tbh you just sound salty that you crafted useless stats... Your cc chaining build will still work, just with better stats, which actually fit your kitten weapon. Its not like they just removed the confusion... They compensated for it in a good way, 10 adrenaline on cc with any weapon? Hell yea dude, and damage buff on all sorts of cced targets.

Previously, it wasn't useless stats. It was a skill based counter build that I have used effectively. Of course with spellbreaker or power I had easier wins, but it wasn't -useless- at the time of crafting. Also, don't dismissively over-use "salty" like an edge-lord. It is a reasonable thing to find inconvenient and I am allowed to find it dis-heartening that increasingly fewer alternative options such as condi are available for one of my favourite classes (and no berserker is in.. a sad state.. it just doesn't count anymore). I used to play often enough that I basically -needed- all the different builds to try to keep stuff fresh. Yes, CC chaining builds still work but they worked before this. Interrupt wasn't just mindless CC chaining (unless you wanted to waste stuff on stab/resist or keep people from proccing confusion damage lul which is how a thoughtless person would play the build) and that's why it was fun. It had some interesting synergy where full counter could send back condi bombs then cc with confusion in small groups. I didn't want things handed to me on literally every build. Its why people run dark souls naked runs, etc. If you play the game enough things get stale so you want to try new stuff. There's less stuff to try now, regardless of how "useless" the other options are. I pretty much have to play weaver to not drool from the corner of my mouth and fall asleep now if I am in the mood for that sort of build. Its perfectly valid to dislike when build diversity is limited just as its valid to want things streamlined/ handed to you.

This is where I stand though. They removed a -condi- playstyle to add even more power to the class, which limits variety.. I like to actually use all the stat sets and experiment with new playstyles because I'm sort of tired of pressing the same buttons and having them do the same thing when I press them on the majority of my builds. It was refreshing to have the ability to fundamentally change the way the class played, even if it wasn't optimal.

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > On the topic of stupid nerfs, love how they added an internal cooldown to evasion runes, runes that literally only benefit roaming weavers actually allowing us to use air instead of arcane and still have condi clear. kitten you ANET.

>

> That really doesn't matter. An exploit-y interaction is still an exploit-y interaction. Just be glad you weren't punished for using it. If this was another company, you might've been.

It's really not though. I mean, i'm glad they nerfed the rune and not the traits, but it's still horseshit. They sit back and watch while roaming DE, Mirage, and Holo are overpowered, then nerf a class that was finally able to not run a sustain build to beat the broken builds.

> @"Crular.9762" said:

>

> Using a rune the way it was intended is an exploit to you? I hope I have to update my sarcasm detector.

Ah yes, Abrasive Grit interaction with Runes of Sanctuary, giving Scourges unlimited condi cleanse, was probably intended then as well?

It wasn't, and there is really no difference here other than on Weaver it didn't break a game mode. Which means they didn't need to hotfix it, even if they needed to fix it.

Weaver does need something more to be really competitive but this just wasn't it.

> @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

>

> It's really not though. I mean, i'm glad they nerfed the rune and not the traits, but it's still horseshit. They sit back and watch while roaming DE, Mirage, and Holo are overpowered, then nerf a class that was finally able to not run a sustain build to beat the broken builds.

I do understand this sentiment, and agree to a certain degree.

If they were to leave as it was they would have set a bad precedent though IMO.

Why is it alright for Weaver to cleanse unlimited conditions but for Scourge they put down a broken interaction like a rabid dog?

Because Scourge is already strong is not a good enough explanation because class balance is a changing thing. Some day Weaver may be an S+ tier class while Scourge is barely played.

So what does Weaver need? I don't know, and neither does anyone else, it seems.

Also hate how if a target has a passive block, and you fullcounter to get magebane on them, they don't block the FC but can block the magebane now. The FC nerf itself is pretty weird. If you run the trait that immobilizes on daze/stun it turns into a 1 sec stun + half sec daze which is kinda good.

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"Crular.9762" said:

> >

> > Using a rune the way it was intended is an exploit to you? I hope I have to update my sarcasm detector.

>

> Ah yes, Abrasive Grit interaction with Runes of Sanctuary, giving Scourges unlimited condi cleanse, was probably intended then as well?

> It wasn't, and there is really no difference here other than on Weaver it didn't break a game mode. Which means they didn't need to hotfix it, even if they needed to fix it.

> Weaver does need something more to be really competitive but this just wasn't it.

>

> >

> > It's really not though. I mean, i'm glad they nerfed the rune and not the traits, but it's still horseshit. They sit back and watch while roaming DE, Mirage, and Holo are overpowered, then nerf a class that was finally able to not run a sustain build to beat the broken builds.

>

> I do understand this sentiment, and agree to a certain degree.

> If they were to leave as it was they would have set a bad precedent though IMO.

> Why is it alright for Weaver to cleanse unlimited conditions but for Scourge they put down a broken interaction like a rabid dog?

> Because Scourge is already strong is not a good enough explanation because class balance is a changing thing. Some day Weaver may be an S+ tier class while Scourge is barely played.

>

> So what does Weaver need? I don't know, and neither does anyone else, it seems.

Weaver condi clear is honestly still one of the strongest in the game (from a roaming perspective), but you have to run water/arcane to achieve that, which means a huge DPS loss. So weavers either go back to the super sustain arcane/water to deal with the condi roamers, or run the 1 shot cheese Fresh Air build, but that also took a nerf this patch as well with electric discharge. Staff weaver is still in a solid spot for zerging, since most of the nerfs from the patch affected roamers a lot more.

> @"Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485" said:

> > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > Yes the but amount of stability people have means your daze did nothing.

>

> Even without stability, every class has at a minimum 3 ways to break out of a stun (3 on base rev, with the next lowest being 5 ways).

My point is that our CC's are supposed to remove boons, but if they have stability it does nothing and in competitive modes most people will be bringing stability.

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > @"Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485" said:

> > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > Yes the but amount of stability people have means your daze did nothing.

> >

> > Even without stability, every class has at a minimum 3 ways to break out of a stun (3 on base rev, with the next lowest being 5 ways).

>

> My point is that our CC's are supposed to remove boons, but if they have stability it does nothing and in competitive modes most people will be bringing stability.

I know, i was just colluding with you for a bit.

> @"Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485" said:

> > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > @"Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485" said:

> > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > Yes the but amount of stability people have means your daze did nothing.

> > >

> > > Even without stability, every class has at a minimum 3 ways to break out of a stun (3 on base rev, with the next lowest being 5 ways).

> >

> > My point is that our CC's are supposed to remove boons, but if they have stability it does nothing and in competitive modes most people will be bringing stability.

>

> I know, i was just colluding with you for a bit.

I got ya, I just want to make sure others realize that the longer duration CC doesn't do a darn thing when the enemy has stability. You'd be surprised at the amount of people don't realize dispelling force does nothing when the enemy has stability, so much for being a "boon hate" class when we're more of a boon dislike.

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > @"Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485" said:

> > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > @"Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485" said:

> > > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > Yes the but amount of stability people have means your daze did nothing.

> > > >

> > > > Even without stability, every class has at a minimum 3 ways to break out of a stun (3 on base rev, with the next lowest being 5 ways).

> > >

> > > My point is that our CC's are supposed to remove boons, but if they have stability it does nothing and in competitive modes most people will be bringing stability.

> >

> > I know, i was just colluding with you for a bit.

>

> I got ya, I just want to make sure others realize that the longer duration CC doesn't do a darn thing when the enemy has stability. You'd be surprised at the amount of people don't realize dispelling force does nothing when the enemy has stability, so much for being a "boon hate" class when we're more of a boon dislike.

this, also it makes weapons like hammer or mace obsolete, since its not even close to be rewarding to hit those slow animated skills, when they do nothing, except some measly dmg but no cc, when everyone has stability or even just an instant stunbreak. but instead of working on that problem, they just increase the knockdown duration on things like backbreaker from hammer (which doesnt help in any way?)....i think i have never seen anyone for the full duration of 3s on the ground

with those skills often having longer cooldowns than the opposing stunbreaks, which has to be a joke at this point