Mesmer Elites . Its time to make them great ...for once...

tinyreborn.1938

I don't think that an elite skill such as Jaunt can be compared to the usage of elite skills on other classes, because while it may take an elite slot it's not seen as an "addition" to a build, rather its effect is more foundational to the entire mirage gameplay - enabling mobility due to static dodge, interacting with other mechanics such as Mirrors and so on. It could be seen as a supplementary elite spec mechanic that happens to be an elite skill.

> @"Curunen.8729" said:

> I don't think that an elite skill such as Jaunt can be compared to the usage of elite skills on other classes, because while it may take an elite slot it's not seen as an "addition" to a build, rather its effect is more foundational to the entire mirage gameplay - enabling mobility due to static dodge, interacting with other mechanics such as Mirrors and so on. It could be seen as a supplementary elite spec mechanic that happens to be an elite skill.

I sometimes feel maybe the class-design could be done a **lot** more elegantly if most elites worked like that. If they had some permanent or frequent effect, and as a result were an important cornerstone of the gameplay instead of a rare but powerful ability.

> @"Carighan.6758" said:

> > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > I don't think that an elite skill such as Jaunt can be compared to the usage of elite skills on other classes, because while it may take an elite slot it's not seen as an "addition" to a build, rather its effect is more foundational to the entire mirage gameplay - enabling mobility due to static dodge, interacting with other mechanics such as Mirrors and so on. It could be seen as a supplementary elite spec mechanic that happens to be an elite skill.

>

> I sometimes feel maybe the class-design could be done a **lot** more elegantly if most elites worked like that. If they had some permanent or frequent effect, and as a result were an important cornerstone of the gameplay instead of a rare but powerful ability.

I'd certainly prefer more frequent well integrated elite skills across the board than typical huge/long cooldown "godlike" skills. Sure a good mix of both for players to choose between, but more things like Jaunt or Impact Strike, etc.

> @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > @"Carighan.6758" said:

> > > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > > I don't think that an elite skill such as Jaunt can be compared to the usage of elite skills on other classes, because while it may take an elite slot it's not seen as an "addition" to a build, rather its effect is more foundational to the entire mirage gameplay - enabling mobility due to static dodge, interacting with other mechanics such as Mirrors and so on. It could be seen as a supplementary elite spec mechanic that happens to be an elite skill.

> >

> > I sometimes feel maybe the class-design could be done a **lot** more elegantly if most elites worked like that. If they had some permanent or frequent effect, and as a result were an important cornerstone of the gameplay instead of a rare but powerful ability.

>

> I'd certainly prefer more frequent well integrated elite skills across the board than typical huge/long cooldown "godlike" skills. Sure a good mix of both for players to choose between, but more things like Jaunt or Impact Strike, etc.

If not count godlike rampage is traited for 72s cd. Mesmer signet/lich lost its CD reduction related traits and 180/150s respectively (while they shaved cd off lich form for no reason)

> @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > > @"Carighan.6758" said:

> > > > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > > > I don't think that an elite skill such as Jaunt can be compared to the usage of elite skills on other classes, because while it may take an elite slot it's not seen as an "addition" to a build, rather its effect is more foundational to the entire mirage gameplay - enabling mobility due to static dodge, interacting with other mechanics such as Mirrors and so on. It could be seen as a supplementary elite spec mechanic that happens to be an elite skill.

> > >

> > > I sometimes feel maybe the class-design could be done a **lot** more elegantly if most elites worked like that. If they had some permanent or frequent effect, and as a result were an important cornerstone of the gameplay instead of a rare but powerful ability.

> >

> > I'd certainly prefer more frequent well integrated elite skills across the board than typical huge/long cooldown "godlike" skills. Sure a good mix of both for players to choose between, but more things like Jaunt or Impact Strike, etc.

>

> If not count godlike rampage is traited for 72s cd. Mesmer signet/lich lost its CD reduction related traits and 180/150s respectively (while they shaved cd off lich form for no reason)

lol, yeah that does need to be balanced. :D

> @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > > > @"Carighan.6758" said:

> > > > > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > > > > I don't think that an elite skill such as Jaunt can be compared to the usage of elite skills on other classes, because while it may take an elite slot it's not seen as an "addition" to a build, rather its effect is more foundational to the entire mirage gameplay - enabling mobility due to static dodge, interacting with other mechanics such as Mirrors and so on. It could be seen as a supplementary elite spec mechanic that happens to be an elite skill.

> > > >

> > > > I sometimes feel maybe the class-design could be done a **lot** more elegantly if most elites worked like that. If they had some permanent or frequent effect, and as a result were an important cornerstone of the gameplay instead of a rare but powerful ability.

> > >

> > > I'd certainly prefer more frequent well integrated elite skills across the board than typical huge/long cooldown "godlike" skills. Sure a good mix of both for players to choose between, but more things like Jaunt or Impact Strike, etc.

> >

> > If not count godlike rampage is traited for 72s cd. Mesmer signet/lich lost its CD reduction related traits and 180/150s respectively (while they shaved cd off lich form for no reason)

>

> lol, yeah that does need to be balanced. :D

In 2k22 .Soontm