Tempest defence, you will be missed.

Eddbopkins.2630

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Tom.8029" said:

> I think you guys are forgetting about the damage buff for Stormsoul. You're still getting increased damage from every disable.

Tempest defence also had the 10% damage modifier on disabled foes so saying that this is a new improved feature is 100% wrong. Stoemsoul vs TD is a complete slap in the face nerf.

> @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > @"Tom.8029" said:

> > I think you guys are forgetting about the damage buff for Stormsoul. You're still getting increased damage from every disable.

>

> Tempest defence also had the 10% damage modifier on disabled foes so saying that this is a new improved feature is 100% wrong. Stoemsoul vs TD is a complete slap in the face nerf.

No, tempest defence bonus damage only worked on stunned and and knocked-down foes. Stormsoul bonus damage works for every type of hard CC. The problem with stormsoul is that nobody can figure out what the devs were thinking when they made it increase stun duration. Ele barely has any stun access whatsoever.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> At the end of the day Aeromancer's Training is stronger dmg and def now then Stormsoul anet dose understand this i hope.

Exactly, so why in a bazzilion years ever use stormsoul? It obvious they dony understand this, hense the creation of stormsoul in the first place. Lets hope it gets changed in another 3-4 months. Till then we have to just deal with the terribleness they created.

But we stick around for the excellent combat system they created. I Give created where its do. Its just the little things that need changing like skills and with more interactions with the developers we can stop none sence of redundtant and useless traits. Im almost positive that the player has voiced there thoughts idea and opinions on this form many many times. What we are missing is the developer contribution on this forum. I hope they will be better in 2019.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> At the end of the day Aeromancer's Training is stronger dmg and def now then Stormsoul anet dose understand this i hope.

Depends of what you're playing.

Tell me where you see "strong" skills with sword/focus or sword/dagger ? Or even Scepter ?

AA are pathetic, static leap no dmg, focus no dmg. The only skills that do dmg are quantum Strike, but it needs double attune or unravel (so -20% CD or not ... ) and the other is pyrovortex that is not affected by the CD reduction.

The only use is for dagger/ or for Fresh air/tempest build, but they nerfed electric discharge ... and by default for staff weaver in WvW. LR build the +10% dmg prevails the -20% CD on Gale IMO.

It's a pur pve trait, default entry.

> @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > At the end of the day Aeromancer's Training is stronger dmg and def now then Stormsoul anet dose understand this i hope.

>

>

> Depends of what you're playing.

> Tell me where you see "strong" skills with sword/focus or sword/dagger ? Or even Scepter ?

> AA are pathetic, static leap no dmg, focus no dmg. The only skills that do dmg are quantum Strike, but it needs double attune or unravel (so -20% CD or not ... ) and the other is pyrovortex that is not affected by the CD reduction.

> The only use is for dagger/ or for Fresh air/tempest build, but they nerfed electric discharge ... and by default for staff weaver in WvW. LR build the +10% dmg prevails the -20% CD on Gale IMO.

> It's a pur pve trait, default entry.

The leap something that is key for using the sword right and scepter is Lightning Strike and key for fresh air builds.

> @"JohnWater.5760" said:

>

> Blind and Immobilize count as CC too. Blind isn't a instant damage but can decrease.

> Scepter 3

> Dagger 3

> Warhorn 5

> Staff 3 and 4 I guess

> This is what I remember.

>

They dont count as disable. Only hard CC that mist be stunbreaked counts.

I have to say that the shockibg aura was awesome as tenpest aura share and as emergency tool but i can understand why it changed.