Warriors, will sword ever become something other than condi/bad hybrid?

Scar.1793

Old warrior player since 2012 and Rev since HoT’s release.

I mean honestly, even in GW1 the theme of sword was never only about conditions, same as axe. Both weapons could do both things. Offhand sword being quite bad since the release 2012!

Sword being pigeonholed into condi builds as no one who would go for endgame content would use a hybrid build not excellent in condi and power damage.

I miss my days in GW1.

> @"ButterPeanut.9746" said:

> Sword is meta in pvp but not sure if you were only talking about other game modes.

I was more thinking about its role and what it tries to be. With final thrust which was a signature skill in gw1 and is completely not very useful even for a power build (too long cd for not much damage) and offhand being totally outdated and useless since ages.

> @"Phantom.7903" said:

> At this point, I'd be down for Sword to just copy/paste Axe skins over and be a prettier alternate skin for Axes.

Same at this point. As powerful as Axe/Axe is I don't like the way it looks. I have trouble divorcing an "in-character" perspective of how my character fights from what I need to be useful and viable. I'd rather run Sword/Axe or at least have that look.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> Sword is perfectly fine and decent for power builds. Nothing reaches Axe builds because it is THE defacto damage weapon. No need to make everything the same.

No but this game fails to give us the freedom of choice just as we had before in the previous game. Or other MMOs for that matter.

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> Since they increased the power base on some of it's skills I highly doubt it'll ever be more than a condi hybrid.

Aye... well guess I’ll just wait for the day revenant gets a power GS to use it along with swords. One can only hope.