Zealous Blade: How does it work now? [Healing on whirl is weird]

The V.8759

So the new Zealous Blade looks nice to me:

Greatsword abilities deal increased damage and gain reduced recharge. Heal yourself when you combo in a light field.

- Damage Increase: 10%

- Healing: 141 (0.09)?

- Recharge Reduced: 20%

On leaps and blasts this seems to work perfectly fine. But on whirl finishers, it seems to interact weirdly. It heals multiple times but in much smaller brackets. Maybe it adds up to the correct total, but I'm confused as to why it works this way and doesn't just heal 141 flat out.

> @"The V.8759" said:

> So the new Zealous Blade looks nice to me:

>

> Greatsword abilities deal increased damage and gain reduced recharge. Heal yourself when you combo in a light field.

> - Damage Increase: 10%

> - Healing: 141 (0.09)?

> - Recharge Reduced: 20%

>

> On leaps and blasts this seems to work perfectly fine. But on whirl finishers, it seems to interact weirdly. It heals multiple times but in much smaller brackets. Maybe it adds up to the correct total, but I'm confused as to why it works this way and doesn't just heal 141 flat out.

It used to, but then ANET came up with this philosophy that they wanted traits that had weapon specific enhancements to no longer be restricted to a single weapon. So whereas before, every time you hit someone with a Greatsword you got a heal, now with the revamped trait ANY time you combo in a light field with ANY weapon will proc a heal.

Unfortunately though, the weapon most capable of comboing that light field for a Guardian is the Greatsword, as it has two whirl finishers, so really they didn't accomplish much except to restrict a Guards healing with GS to be only while standing in a light field.

Personally I thought it was better the other way, but /shrug

It is not very clear how the healing works (to me at least).

GS attacks still heals you every hit, as it used to before. Combing in light field heals as well. How much? Not very clear. I know GS 3 heals for the 141. I presume hammer 2 would do the same. GS 2 heals for more, cuz it combos more than once per the cast. Some where between 500-750, but not clear how much is attributed to the combo and how much to the GS attacks.

Maybe someone know more can explain it better.