What is the current meta for Fractals?

Angelcy.3514

FB - for boons. (SP for aegis :smile: , or DPS) and BS - banners and vulnerability stacks. (static)

+ 2-3 DPS

Chrono/ Rev for wells/ alacrity. (Chrono > Rev, since I have yet to met a decent Rev in Fracs or having 2 SP (with FB) is a waste.)

Soulbeast Stance share: Bear, OWP - optional or as alternative for BS (BS is much more reliable for vulnerability.)

> @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > @"Lord of the Fire.6870" said:

> > > @"Setz.9675" said:

> > > > @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > > > > @"Setz.9675" said:

> > > > > Chrono, FB, BS, Guard, ele is pretty kitten smooth tbh.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > But why have chrono then ren is superior in every way to chrono

> > >

> > > for chrono utility like portals, pulls, skipping etc

> >

> > But then do you have a problem with the up keep of might ? I mean rev can keep it up I think easier then fb

>

> People cant let chrono die why cant they just accept chrono +druid is over and fb+ren meta is here to stay. Like uttility and portal is not really a reason. Its obvius that anet wanted a meta comp change. Until they balance fb and ren too XD. For honestly if 1 tactic is good anet will nerf it.

Chrono+Druid may be over, but when I have a Firebrand instead of a Druid, I can let him handle the Quickness and run Well of Recall with Mimic and SoI to focus on keeping alacrity and helping extend the boons given by the FB. When Diviner stats comes I'll even be much more DPS oriented than I'm currently am since I'm forced to run Commander's if I want a good alacrity output from the Well and Tides of Time.

Been trying different stuff lately and I currently prefer FB/Chrono/2DPS/pWar or even 3DPS.

Provides all of the boons and healing you'd ever want considering the great synergy between having almost all boons on FB (minus alacrity) and increasing the duration of said all boons by the Chronomancer. Plus the option to have solid Boon Removal (No Pain No Gain) from, again, the Chronomancer which in turn allows your warriors to stay on the Core build for better damage and more stable CC or leaves you free to replace the warrior entirely.

It is probably the best duo of supports if you wish to cover pretty much everything outside of damage (perma boons, CC, good healing, stability, some damage modifiers with Bane Signet, Boon Removal, portal, and more) while being able to cope with even the most annoying combination of instabilities. Pretty much why I prefer it over all other combinations of supports. There is also the option to gear more heavily into damage without sacraficing too much support and if you intend to push speed further.

In essence, it really don't matter what team composition you have in tier 4 fractals.

As long as people are aware of the instability effects and the damage gets done without people going down. Knowing mechanics > builds.

"Afflicted?" A couple people bring condi removal, all good.

"Social Awkwardness?" Maybe a scourge to help keep people in the game, since barrier ignores agony's healing reduction. Direct healing will be less effective.

Things like that.

Although, I am surprised people don't take Reapers more often.

A good one with blood magic doesn't go down, gets others up fast, and I like using mine for boon removal on "No Pain, No Gain."

> @"Wark.8324" said:

> In essence, it really don't matter what team composition you have in tier 4 fractals.

> As long as people are aware of the instability effects and the damage gets done without people going down. Knowing mechanics > builds.

> "Afflicted?" A couple people bring condi removal, all good.

> "Social Awkwardness?" Maybe a scourge to help keep people in the game, since barrier ignores agony's healing reduction. Direct healing will be less effective.

>

> Things like that.

> Although, I am surprised people don't take Reapers more often.

> A good one with blood magic doesn't go down, gets others up fast, and I like using mine for boon removal on "No Pain, No Gain."

People are aware that they can nearly run every fractal with random classes. The point of a or the meta in pve is time reduction means they are for farming for the most part. Things break a bit down when you encounter a hard enrage timer like in fractal 100 and then really when you are in the cm mode the choices aren't as easy then because time becomes essential.