Is weekend the worst time to play ranked?

Khalisto.5780

> @"everyman.4375" said:

> > @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > > > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > > > @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > > > > > I don't know where this idea started that there is a "good" or "bad" time to play, but it doesn't make any sense. Matchmaking determines what players end up on what team and even if there was a time where everyone was "better" or "worse" at PvP, that would only matter to people who were at the absolute top or bottom of the ranking scale. For 99% of the playerbase though, it doesn't mean a thing and making sweeping conclusions based on anecdotal evidence doesn't do anything to help.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Even if there was a "good" or "bad" time, trying to manipulate your win rate by controlling when you play doesn't actually make you a better player. On the contrary, by cherry-picking easier scenarios, you miss out on real challenges that can stretch you to become a better player.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Just play the game and be in charge of your ego, not the other way around.

> > > > >

> > > > > There is good and bad times to play tho, for exemple i avoid playing at night because of the lack of players, making the teams realy unblanced. At night i tend to gain about 5-10 rating per win and lose up to 20 per defeat.

> > > >

> > > > Yea, but even if you have a wider scope of player's skill resulting from a small playerbase, you will still have this work to your advantage just as much as to your disadvantage.

> > > >

> > > > Having a wider degree of variance is in no way inherently in or against your favor. Unless you are an absolute top tier player, there's no difference here and even if you are, there's no reason to say that this rule applies to everyone else here (even though everyone on the forum loves to pretend that they are the most elite PvPers in the game).

> > >

> > > Well let's say i have 50% winrate, in day time i'll just stay where i am but at night i'll go down.

> >

> > There's no reason for you to maintain a 50% win rate at night time if you are indeed playing against scrubs.

>

> Except it's not how it works, the matchmaking tries to make 2 team of the same mmr so the 2 team will overall be at the same level however the higher rated players among those teams are at a disadvantage because they'll win less rating and lose more.

Exactly. If you're a better player, you should lose more rating because you're more likely to win. And if that's the case, you should have a higher win rate at night time, not a lower one (even if you have less rating gain per win).

> @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > > @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > > > > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > > > > @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > > > > > > I don't know where this idea started that there is a "good" or "bad" time to play, but it doesn't make any sense. Matchmaking determines what players end up on what team and even if there was a time where everyone was "better" or "worse" at PvP, that would only matter to people who were at the absolute top or bottom of the ranking scale. For 99% of the playerbase though, it doesn't mean a thing and making sweeping conclusions based on anecdotal evidence doesn't do anything to help.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Even if there was a "good" or "bad" time, trying to manipulate your win rate by controlling when you play doesn't actually make you a better player. On the contrary, by cherry-picking easier scenarios, you miss out on real challenges that can stretch you to become a better player.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Just play the game and be in charge of your ego, not the other way around.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There is good and bad times to play tho, for exemple i avoid playing at night because of the lack of players, making the teams realy unblanced. At night i tend to gain about 5-10 rating per win and lose up to 20 per defeat.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yea, but even if you have a wider scope of player's skill resulting from a small playerbase, you will still have this work to your advantage just as much as to your disadvantage.

> > > > >

> > > > > Having a wider degree of variance is in no way inherently in or against your favor. Unless you are an absolute top tier player, there's no difference here and even if you are, there's no reason to say that this rule applies to everyone else here (even though everyone on the forum loves to pretend that they are the most elite PvPers in the game).

> > > >

> > > > Well let's say i have 50% winrate, in day time i'll just stay where i am but at night i'll go down.

> > >

> > > There's no reason for you to maintain a 50% win rate at night time if you are indeed playing against scrubs.

> >

> > Except it's not how it works, the matchmaking tries to make 2 team of the same mmr so the 2 team will overall be at the same level however the higher rated players among those teams are at a disadvantage because they'll win less rating and lose more.

>

> Exactly. If you're a better player, you should lose more rating because you're more likely to win. And if that's the case, you should have a higher win rate at night time, not a lower one (even if you have less rating gain per win).

You're not more likely to win that's the thing cause teams are overall balanced but since you're playing with and against lower rated player you will loose a lot of rating but the other team will likely have a player who is the same level as you so it won't be easier to win.

So if you dont know by now, if you are not in the inner circle of cheaters you will not win more than 20 - 30% on the weekends. How it works: the circle of cheaters use discord, or voice chat and duo queue usually 4 - 6 players coordinate matches and who is going to throw based on match pairing. During the week ( M - Th) they rank up their alts for the weekend "throw fest". The alts are then used on the weekends to throw matches. If you are solo queuing you are pretty much screwed because they will duo queue their mains on one team with the odds being favorable that the opposing team is the alts that duo queued to throw. People are pathetic in the great lengths they will go to just for a title, or rank. PvP is in a sad state, due to horrible player base ANET should remove duo queue and totally randomize it so that accounts can not match up more than 1 match in a row.

> @"Habitax.8124" said:

> So if you dont know by now, if you are not in the inner circle of cheaters you will not win more than 20 - 30% on the weekends. How it works: the circle of cheaters use discord, or voice chat and duo queue usually 4 - 6 players coordinate matches and who is going to throw based on match pairing. During the week ( M - Th) they rank up their alts for the weekend "throw fest". The alts are then used on the weekends to throw matches. If you are solo queuing you are pretty much screwed because they will duo queue their mains on one team with the odds being favorable that the opposing team is the alts that duo queued to throw. People are pathetic in the great lengths they will go to just for a title, or rank. PvP is in a sad state, due to horrible player base ANET should remove duo queue and totally randomize it so that accounts can not match up more than 1 match in a row.

Can you prove this?

> @"everyman.4375" said:

> > @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > > > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > > > @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > > > > > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > > > > > > > I don't know where this idea started that there is a "good" or "bad" time to play, but it doesn't make any sense. Matchmaking determines what players end up on what team and even if there was a time where everyone was "better" or "worse" at PvP, that would only matter to people who were at the absolute top or bottom of the ranking scale. For 99% of the playerbase though, it doesn't mean a thing and making sweeping conclusions based on anecdotal evidence doesn't do anything to help.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Even if there was a "good" or "bad" time, trying to manipulate your win rate by controlling when you play doesn't actually make you a better player. On the contrary, by cherry-picking easier scenarios, you miss out on real challenges that can stretch you to become a better player.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Just play the game and be in charge of your ego, not the other way around.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > There is good and bad times to play tho, for exemple i avoid playing at night because of the lack of players, making the teams realy unblanced. At night i tend to gain about 5-10 rating per win and lose up to 20 per defeat.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yea, but even if you have a wider scope of player's skill resulting from a small playerbase, you will still have this work to your advantage just as much as to your disadvantage.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Having a wider degree of variance is in no way inherently in or against your favor. Unless you are an absolute top tier player, there's no difference here and even if you are, there's no reason to say that this rule applies to everyone else here (even though everyone on the forum loves to pretend that they are the most elite PvPers in the game).

> > > > >

> > > > > Well let's say i have 50% winrate, in day time i'll just stay where i am but at night i'll go down.

> > > >

> > > > There's no reason for you to maintain a 50% win rate at night time if you are indeed playing against scrubs.

> > >

> > > Except it's not how it works, the matchmaking tries to make 2 team of the same mmr so the 2 team will overall be at the same level however the higher rated players among those teams are at a disadvantage because they'll win less rating and lose more.

> >

> > Exactly. If you're a better player, you should lose more rating because you're more likely to win. And if that's the case, you should have a higher win rate at night time, not a lower one (even if you have less rating gain per win).

>

> You're not more likely to win that's the thing cause teams are overall balanced but since you're playing with and against lower rated player you will loose a lot of rating but the other team will likely have a player who is the same level as you so it won't be easier to win.

You're talking yourself in circles, bud. Either the other team has people that are as good as you and you have an even chance of winning or you will have an advantage resulting from a closer matchup not being possible during a low population time that will result in more/less rating being gained/lost, depending on your advantage.

> @"Kilar.4791" said:

> > @"Habitax.8124" said:

> > So if you dont know by now, if you are not in the inner circle of cheaters you will not win more than 20 - 30% on the weekends. How it works: the circle of cheaters use discord, or voice chat and duo queue usually 4 - 6 players coordinate matches and who is going to throw based on match pairing. During the week ( M - Th) they rank up their alts for the weekend "throw fest". The alts are then used on the weekends to throw matches. If you are solo queuing you are pretty much screwed because they will duo queue their mains on one team with the odds being favorable that the opposing team is the alts that duo queued to throw. People are pathetic in the great lengths they will go to just for a title, or rank. PvP is in a sad state, due to horrible player base ANET should remove duo queue and totally randomize it so that accounts can not match up more than 1 match in a row.

>

> Can you prove this?

its already been proven from the many accounts banned for wintrading, some permanently dishonored. do you think they ACTUALLY stop doing it?

dont be naive man. there are accounts being sold on third party sites for nice chunks of money advertising the ranked titles.

> @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> Exactly. If you're a better player, you should lose more rating because you're more likely to win. And if that's the case, you should have a higher win rate at night time, not a lower one (even if you have less rating gain per win).

"Higher win rate" is the catch. If you're queued with a lot of people lower than you, the costs of losing are so high that your win rates need to be essentially 80% or better to just break even.

I'm a plat 1 player (generally between 1530-1600), and I joined a pvp guild just to have some company in the mists. Turns out most of my guildmates are silver and gold, which I should have expected from a statistical standpoint. I queued with guildmates several hundred points below me, and I could win 4 out of 5 and only come out a net 2 points ahead. So after 4 wins, just 1 loss very nearly wiped out everything I'd gained.

So yes, you're right that people who complain that "everyone else" queuing at those off hours is worse than they are should enjoy high win rates. However, chances are that few people can maintain a steady record of above 80% win rate.

> @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > > @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > > > > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > > > > @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > > > > > > > @"everyman.4375" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Dahkeus.8243" said:

> > > > > > > > > I don't know where this idea started that there is a "good" or "bad" time to play, but it doesn't make any sense. Matchmaking determines what players end up on what team and even if there was a time where everyone was "better" or "worse" at PvP, that would only matter to people who were at the absolute top or bottom of the ranking scale. For 99% of the playerbase though, it doesn't mean a thing and making sweeping conclusions based on anecdotal evidence doesn't do anything to help.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Even if there was a "good" or "bad" time, trying to manipulate your win rate by controlling when you play doesn't actually make you a better player. On the contrary, by cherry-picking easier scenarios, you miss out on real challenges that can stretch you to become a better player.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Just play the game and be in charge of your ego, not the other way around.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > There is good and bad times to play tho, for exemple i avoid playing at night because of the lack of players, making the teams realy unblanced. At night i tend to gain about 5-10 rating per win and lose up to 20 per defeat.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yea, but even if you have a wider scope of player's skill resulting from a small playerbase, you will still have this work to your advantage just as much as to your disadvantage.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Having a wider degree of variance is in no way inherently in or against your favor. Unless you are an absolute top tier player, there's no difference here and even if you are, there's no reason to say that this rule applies to everyone else here (even though everyone on the forum loves to pretend that they are the most elite PvPers in the game).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well let's say i have 50% winrate, in day time i'll just stay where i am but at night i'll go down.

> > > > >

> > > > > There's no reason for you to maintain a 50% win rate at night time if you are indeed playing against scrubs.

> > > >

> > > > Except it's not how it works, the matchmaking tries to make 2 team of the same mmr so the 2 team will overall be at the same level however the higher rated players among those teams are at a disadvantage because they'll win less rating and lose more.

> > >

> > > Exactly. If you're a better player, you should lose more rating because you're more likely to win. And if that's the case, you should have a higher win rate at night time, not a lower one (even if you have less rating gain per win).

> >

> > You're not more likely to win that's the thing cause teams are overall balanced but since you're playing with and against lower rated player you will loose a lot of rating but the other team will likely have a player who is the same level as you so it won't be easier to win.

>

> You're talking yourself in circles, bud. Either the other team has people that are as good as you and you have an even chance of winning or you will have an advantage resulting from a closer matchup not being possible during a low population time that will result in more/less rating being gained/lost, depending on your advantage.

Ok, i'm gonna give you a precise exemple, let's say you're plat and the team look like this :

Team 1:

Plat (you), gold, gold, gold, gold

Team 2 :

Plat, gold, gold, gold, gold

The teams are balanced and no team should have a direct adventage, however as the plat player since you're facing lower rated players, you'ill win less rating and loose more than on your average game.

> @"Habitax.8124" said:

> > @"Kilar.4791" said:

> > Can you prove this?

>

> I dont need to. It is all out there on various forums across the web. Go search reddit, or other forums etc. They explain how they do it and don't really seem to give two kittens about doing it.

You can't prove it then.

> @"everyman.4375" said:

> Ok, i'm gonna give you a precise exemple, let's say you're plat and the team look like this :

>

> Team 1:

> Plat (you), gold, gold, gold, gold

> Team 2 :

> Plat, gold, gold, gold, gold

>

> The teams are balanced and no team should have a direct adventage, however as the plat player since you're facing lower rated players, you'ill win less rating and loose more than on your average game.

>

This is my issue. I get 10-12 points for a win and 14-16 for a loss and have been slowly degrading from Plat and will be Gold soon (happening for about 2 weeks). It doesn't matter the time of day (typically NA prime time) I play or even what class. I was in the top 250 a few times but had a much lower (right on the edge) of qualifying for games played to get on the PvP board. At this point, I don't get it... The whole scoring system is absolutely busted and promotes the top 250 to stay there at this point in the season :/ I've given up because I still get the 'well down 100 points or lost middle on first attempt time to afk folks' every 5th game which is a real killer. I win just over half with these games mixed in (I can't recall except maybe twice that happening for the other team to have afkers this entire season so really off the rails right now).

Side note, the biggest abuse to the PvP queue system right now is the people that queue up in a weak meta class (generally ele or warrior or thief) since the game attempts to match same class matchups across teams... but then swap to Firebrand or Mirage as soon as loading which destroys those same team matchups. There needs to be some rules put in place around that whole match class abuse problem (penalize the score for the player if you are marked as matching another opposing team class).

> @"Kilar.4791" said:

> > > @"Kilar.4791" said:

> > > Can you prove this?

> >

> > I dont need to. It is all out there on various forums across the web. Go search reddit, or other forums etc. They explain how they do it and don't really seem to give two kittens about doing it.

>

> You can't prove it then.

The whole "prove it" is a typical response from a person who lies, cheats and steals with a fair amount of confidence they will not get caught... just saying. No ? Oh, then maybe you are oblivious, or ignorant. Still No? Eternal optimist?? No one would ever cheat in an MMO. Still No ?? Huh .... Maybe you are the inner circle I am speaking of ???

> @"Habitax.8124" said:

> > @"Kilar.4791" said:

> > > @"Habitax.8124" said:

> > > > @"Kilar.4791" said:

> > > > Can you prove this?

> > >

> > > I dont need to. It is all out there on various forums across the web. Go search reddit, or other forums etc. They explain how they do it and don't really seem to give two kittens about doing it.

> >

> > You can't prove it then.

>

> The whole "prove it" is a typical response from a person who lies, cheats and steals with a fair amount of confidence they will not get caught... just saying. No ? Oh, then maybe you are oblivious, or ignorant. Still No? Eternal optimist?? No one would ever cheat in an MMO. Still No ?? Huh .... Maybe you are the inner circle I am speaking of ???

>

Well, if you can prove it why don't you just open a ticket to anet showing off your evidences? The whole "people are cheating" is a typical response from players who are not good enough in this game.. just saying. No? Oh, then maybe you belive that your ranking issues are due to cheaters and not on your faults during the matches you lose. Still no?? Huh ... Maybe you are in the inner circle you are speaking of and you are accusing others to prove that you are not cheating???

Well done dude, you made my day <3

> @"Kilar.4791" said:

> > So if you dont know by now, if you are not in the inner circle of cheaters you will not win more than 20 - 30% on the weekends. How it works: the circle of cheaters use discord, or voice chat and duo queue usually 4 - 6 players coordinate matches and who is going to throw based on match pairing. During the week ( M - Th) they rank up their alts for the weekend "throw fest". The alts are then used on the weekends to throw matches. If you are solo queuing you are pretty much screwed because they will duo queue their mains on one team with the odds being favorable that the opposing team is the alts that duo queued to throw. People are pathetic in the great lengths they will go to just for a title, or rank. PvP is in a sad state, due to horrible player base ANET should remove duo queue and totally randomize it so that accounts can not match up more than 1 match in a row.

>

> Can you prove this?

Just play the game... you see top players levelling alts in unranked all the time...

Had a game 3 or 4 days ago in unranked that had naru beatin on everyone using his Engie (either that or some other team usa guy was using a naru name)

Some dude on my team found out halfway through the match who we were facing and rage quit at the matchmaking... its just unranked afterall, people using wierd and wonderful builds.

Also if you're reading this Naru, I was that troll 1 shot ranger that got you down a few times that round, I wasnt as bad as rest of my team so understandable the first few engagements I got ya by suprise, those 17k mauls must have shocked you at first too.

If it refreshes your memory, Nhifel map you were farming spawn and some turd ranger kept coming up the back of ya and your 2 allies trying to 1v3 you lot, few too many to drink but still fun.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Kilar.4791" said:

> > > @"Habitax.8124" said:

> > > So if you dont know by now, if you are not in the inner circle of cheaters you will not win more than 20 - 30% on the weekends. How it works: the circle of cheaters use discord, or voice chat and duo queue usually 4 - 6 players coordinate matches and who is going to throw based on match pairing. During the week ( M - Th) they rank up their alts for the weekend "throw fest". The alts are then used on the weekends to throw matches. If you are solo queuing you are pretty much screwed because they will duo queue their mains on one team with the odds being favorable that the opposing team is the alts that duo queued to throw. People are pathetic in the great lengths they will go to just for a title, or rank. PvP is in a sad state, due to horrible player base ANET should remove duo queue and totally randomize it so that accounts can not match up more than 1 match in a row.

> >

> > Can you prove this?

>

> Just play the game... you see top players levelling alts in unranked all the time...

>

> Had a game 3 or 4 days ago in unranked that had naru beatin on everyone using his Engie (either that or some other team usa guy was using a naru name)

>

> Some dude on my team found out halfway through the match who we were facing and rage quit at the matchmaking... its just unranked afterall, people using wierd and wonderful builds.

>

> Also if you're reading this Naru, I was that troll 1 shot ranger that got you down a few times that round, I wasnt as bad as rest of my team so understandable the first few engagements I got ya by suprise, those 17k mauls must have shocked you at first too.

> If it refreshes your memory, Nhifel map you were farming spawn and some kitten ranger kept coming up the back of ya and your 2 allies trying to 1v3 you lot, few too many to drink but still fun.

I am reading this but I am not Naru.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> There's definitely something to be said about weekend warriors and the massive drop in player quality during weekends.

I've been playing during the day time, when kids are at school, it's been working back to 70%. This weekend no way imma go step into ranked, I'll just run some fracs instead