Gw2 recording programs

LaFurion.3167

Hi all would like your suggestions for recording programs.

I plan on making my first ever gw video, will be for thief roaming in wvw.

I have a decent computer with ssd 1070 graphics card; however guild wars 2 drops from around 70fps down to like 40 or so when streaming in wvw.

So I'm wondering instead of obs streaming, if I use obs to record will it slow down my computer by a lot. My specs are available on lafurion on twitch TV (can't copy paste because at work and it is picture).

Or are there any "clip" programs where if I have a good fight, I can use to just clip what just happened etc. I've seen them around but haven't really used any.

Also while asking, any good easy to use editing programs?

Thank you in advance

Since you're running a 1070 you might consider Shadow Play functionality of Nvidias Geforce Experience program. It's free and works fairly well from my experience. It also lets you record replay clips instead of just straight recording if that's what you're looking to do; you just set it for X amount of minutes and then whenever you trigger it it saves that amount of time up to when you triggered it. Good for highlights and the like without having to leave recording going the whole time.

I don't quite understand, if you are already streaming and you have OBS installed, why don't you just press the record button in OBS and try it?

I use OBS for recording and I see no impact at all to my PC, and although I don't think it matters the slightest bit, I even use a slower GFX card than you (GTX1050Ti). As long as the card has hardware encoding support (which all 10xx cards have and even my older 960 has) the recording performance should be the same.

> @"NanoEliteSixSixSix.8935" said:

> Since you're running a 1070 you might consider Shadow Play functionality of Nvidias Geforce Experience program. It's free and works fairly well from my experience. It also lets you record replay clips instead of just straight recording if that's what you're looking to do; you just set it for X amount of minutes and then whenever you trigger it it saves that amount of time up to when you triggered it. Good for highlights and the like without having to leave recording going the whole time.

This is exactly what I wanted thanks I'll do it when I get home!