[Bug] Relink Issues

noncha.2761

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > @"neven.3785" said:

> > rather than stoke anger, perhaps next time a bug in linking is reported, check to see what the api is outputting as the server linkings

> > http://gw2stats.com/na for instance will show you what the current state is (if the API is up)

>

> Hey, would you mind telling me what the API is outputting? I am now sensing a disagreement about whether the links are correct or not, and that leads me to be unsure if the post is accurate or not.

>

> Clearly, world linking is not my field of expertise, but I have reported this thread as a point of concern, and those more knowledgeable than I will take a look.

>

> Thanks for any additional info you can share.

All match ups are shown here:

https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/wvw/matches?ids=all

with world ids translated to their names here:

https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/worlds?ids=all

the severs and their links are shown under the all_worlds attribute, for example:

"all_worlds": {

"red": [

],

"blue": [

],

"green": [

]

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> Thanks to those of you who are posting **helpful** information. We have eyes on this thread, and things will be addressed as soon as they can.

>

> A few members have chosen to post disruptive, unconstructive, or off-topic comments. The rare member has scored the trifecta of forum silliness by doing all three. Don't so it, guys, it's just not necessary, and it's diluting the valuable information that others are sharing.

>

> Again: **This is a known issue, prioritized to be corrected as soon as possible.**

Ok, I am confused... So the current links are actually wrong (bug?) and the correct links are the ones that were posted by Joe?

> @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > Thanks to those of you who are posting **helpful** information. We have eyes on this thread, and things will be addressed as soon as they can.

> >

> > A few members have chosen to post disruptive, unconstructive, or off-topic comments. The rare member has scored the trifecta of forum silliness by doing all three. Don't so it, guys, it's just not necessary, and it's diluting the valuable information that others are sharing.

> >

> > Again: **This is a known issue, prioritized to be corrected as soon as possible.**

>

> Ok, I am confused... So the current links are actually wrong (bug?) and the correct links are the ones that were posted by Joe?

That’s correct. YB is a 4 server link while GoM and CD have no link (because YB has their links)

> @"Sneakymanatee.3784" said:

> DB+ YB + MAG + FC still has a collective 150 man map queue. The API is totally wrong. Desert is at the lowest point of the night of any map at a 15 man queue....

yeah VR saw that & looked around for a server with no queues & transferred right away so we'd be able to play instead of waiting in a queue every night

• ArenaNet Staff

I'm hoping we'll have an update soon. This is a Friday and the weekend preceding a holiday, and I imagine some people are travelling. Still, I'm talking to folks about this and again, hope we'll be able to share more info soon. In the meantime, know we're aware of the situation and very sorry about the confusion!

With all due respect, @"Gaile Gray.6029" I strongly urge you to contact whoever it is you need to in order to get this fixed as soon as possible. The linking is EXTREMELY unbalanced, and I would not be surprised one bit if this persistent issue causes people to stop playing for the week or even longer term.

WvW has already suffered from years of neglect, and I applaud you all for the effort that has been made recently by your team to slowly include more content, but it's continuing to go downhill with the premature announcement of alliances and this issue is not going to help the already struggling WvW community. If this takes longer than the weekend I can easily see things turning toxic...

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season, but I can assure you that the WvW community is not going to be having fun during their moments between spending time with family due to the mess that this is.

Edit: More people are playing during the holidays, some who don't play very often and this will leave sour taste in the mouths of many and it would be very sad to see WvW simply be an non-viable game mode due to lack of popularity,

well dunno what to say other than I will be working on a couple of Legendary weapons and play just enough to get my chests capping the occasional camp or killing a yak cause HOD is currently outnumbered on ALL maps .... gimme those sweet sweet pips. I do know that whole guilds won't be playing till its sorted so back to PVE and heck I always wanted to try WOW

> I'm hoping we'll have an update soon. This is a Friday and the weekend preceding a holiday, and I imagine some people are travelling. Still, I'm talking to folks about this and again, hope we'll be able to share more info soon. In the meantime, know we're aware of the situation and very sorry about the confusion!

fighting against 4 servers isn't fun.. I hope we don't have an entire week of this garbage.

> @"neven.3785" said:

> Stormbluff Isle +Isle of Janthir

> Crystal Desert

> Blackgate +Eredon Terrace

>

> Kaineng +Devona's Rest

> Fort Aspenwood +Darkhaven

> Tarnished Coast +Jade Quarry

>

> Yak's Bend +Maguuma, Dragonbrand, Ferguson's Crossing

> Henge of Denravi +Borlis Pass

> Sea of Sorrows +Sanctum of Rall

>

> Anvil Rock +Ehmry Bay

> Northern Shiverpeaks +Sorrow's Furnace

> Gate of Madness

>

> are what the matches are, reports from some tiers is outnumbered on every map, then yaks bend on the other end with over an hour later and still over 200 queued peoples. This happened once in the past, where it was blatantly obvious there was a mistep in relinks, the devs rerolled the linkings like an hour later.

Hopefully they haven't all gone home for Xmas and left us with mess for Xmas. I was looking forward to some fun.

apparently Anet is off until the new year. but its ok I am through gold and look forward to getting through diamond by tomorrow night ..... thanks Anet outnumbered sweet sweet pips. funny thing is I just moved from YB to HOD along with probably half of the guilds more or less and they still have the population as very high (1800 gems to transfer to) but linked up with 3 other servers.

and come to think of it I am still wondering how HOD is still in T3 when we won last week?

if anyone is interested there is a sale on WOW cards at Walmart

What a shambles. The most frustrating part about this is that the community had to tell Anet. I find it really hard to believe that a person isn't checking the servers after they relink, just to make sure that one of the most fundamental and important things that happens to servers for the WvW game mode goes ahead smoothly.

The general lack of care and support for WvW is so completely disheartening at times. It's going to be super telling to see what the actual response to this fiasco is. You can bet that if it was one of the living story episodes that got cocked up so badly they'd be all over it, regardless of time, date, season or holidays.