Your speculation that was actually in the story- I predicted PC's death

Arden.7480

> @"Jimbru.6014" said:

> > @"Castigator.3470" said:

> > To get back on track: Rytlock is one of Bangar's cubs. The avoidance of the Blood Legion, the constant "Later, cub!", he's hiding something from the party. Something that goes beyond unleashing random ghosts in the Mists. He hates paperwork and killing that one superior would mean he'll be stuck with paperwork in the Red Citadel for the rest of his life.

>

> Rytlock has several secrets, how he got Sohothin merely being the most obvious. Personally, I've always wondered if Rytlock was REALLY a Warrior. ANet portrays him as such before he became a Revenant. But...well, I'll just leave that where it is. Don't want to distract the thread further.

It's heavily established in certain charr ps chapters that Rytlock openly researches human history, religion, and magic. His reasoning is "know your enemy" on top of "I was subjected to hours of lectures by Logan" though Logan doesn't seem to be the history-lecturing type. In Season 2, the reasoning for this is somewhat changed to him wanting to end the Foefire curse, and is willing to become a magic caster if that were the price.