Marked needs equality and a buff

sostronk.8167

> @"Ruufio.1496" said:

> Thief elite removes reveal. Tell me why marked exists again?

Marked "pulses" Reveal. Every 2 seconds it will force Reveal so even if you remove it, it will happen again shortly after.

There's enough time for Thieves to use their Stealth attacks like Backstab but for Thief and any other class with Stealth access, the pulsing Reveal does not allow people to camp in Stealth. Which is a good thing, IMO.

> @"Ruufio.1496" said:

> Thief elite removes reveal. Tell me why marked exists again?

Because you can only remove revealed twice and in some areas of some WvW maps, particularly Red BL, you can end up with over 1 minute of marked making certain areas no-go zones...like what immigrants have done in Sweden.

If they really want to keep Marked in the game, they should

A: Make it so that it takes longer to reveal (It says "long periods of stealth" but 2 seconds? Come on.) Possibly 5 or 6 seconds?

B. Make it so that if you go out of range, it wears off. Being locked out of an entire mechanic for 30 seconds simply because you passed somewhat near a sentry that you may not have even been going for is ridiculous.

C. Have the reveal be much shorter, or simply have it take you out of stealth

D. All/some of the above

The current marked makes for frustrating gameplay situations where I'm forced out of a whole weaponset for long periods of time, and when I try to run, I get marked up again. It's just not fun to play WvW with it. I'm fine with some mechanics to counter permastealth, but this iteration of marked punishes you for even trying to use the mechanic in very small doses and can be pretty much inescapable in certain areas. It's actually punishing scouts for doing their jobs.

Plenty of classes already have reveal mechanics, I don't see why this version of marked was necessary honestly. I have to treat large sections of the map as "out of bounds" because if I happen to get into an engagement near them, I'm locked out of a key class mechanic.

And no, I don't play Deadeye. (Partially for this reason)

> @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> Wait, but all classes need vitality and stuff.

>

> I think to truly make things equal, all classes need stealth.

>

> But in all seriousness, marked should wear off if you get out of range.

With the state of tanky sustain builds in the game, you pretty much have to run full zerker with Scholar Runes and Assassins signet and Signet of Agility to kill them quicker than they are healing. Deadeye is extremely easy to play against. Just negate Deaths Judgement and you have negated over 50% of their burst. Deadeye can't afford vitality.