Any advice for returning mesmer (mirage) player?

Elvirais.5472

I got back into the game after a break of a few years, so I missed all of the new profession specializations. I wanted to get into Mirage (I played core Mesmer before, both power and condi) and I've looked at some builds online but i'm not sure what a good rotation would be for a condi mirage.

The goal seems to be to get and keep three clones up (traited so they also get mirage cloak), mirage cloak as often as possible for ambush attacks and e.g. axes of symmetry (axe 3)? Any help is appreciated :)

You mean in PvE? If yes, then in PvE there is 2 builds, first is chaos mirage but thats out of the meta but still considered as good, with that the main thing is to spawn 3 clones, never shatter and use ambush skill and phantasm skills after every AA chain(Never cancel AAs)

The second build is built for doing massive damage from confusion stacks, confusion can proc over 50k damage per tick, so that build focuses on upkeeping confusion stacks with shaters(because its traited in a way that your shater blinds enemies and blinding and enemy causes confusion on them) but by shattering you still need to upkeep 3 clones for the AAs and Ambush attacks for bleeding and torment. This is done in a way, that in mirage 1xx tait causes that EVERY mirage utility spawn a clone, so on that build you upkeep clones from torch 5/pistol 4/axe 2/the mirror thingy(needs to be spawned into the hitbox because if every of its "projectiles" hit you get 6 confusion from it)/jaunt/ and if you use False Oasis instead of Signet of Either then False Oasis generates a clone too, so when you have 3 clones, shater them with a priority of F2 > F1 > F3 > F4 and you respawn them as fast as possible

And use Axe 3 off CD

When running around in open world I tend to go the Chaos/Illusions/Mirage route, with Axe/t, and Staff. Even with all the dodges (or Mirage Cloaks aka), mirrors and Sigils of energy for extra endurance, staying in melee range at all times will get you killed a lot of the time, and Staff gives you the breathing room you need.

Jump in lay down a huge amount of Torment, Burning, Confusion, then switch to Staff, jump out, heal up and let your conditions tick away while the dumb mobs fight your clones, all the while auto attacking and using Mirage Cloak for Ambushes.

That's for multi mobs fights, or soloing Champs etc.... For just a mob or two stay in melee range and let Axes do their job.

Mirage is the only class where I never fear death nor watch my health when facing groups up to and including Elites while staying in melee the whole time. I can be surrounded by a dozen mobs, but they barely scratch me. You want to stay in melee against groups of mobs because axe cleaves, so that more mobs will go down faster. Also, on axe you want Sigil of Stamina, which entirely refills your endurance per kill.

Mirage sustain is not just from dodges and mirage cloaks. Plenty of basic Mesmer stuff at your disposal, such as mass amounts of blinds, dazes, stuns, etc.

Soloing Champs is about attrition, since CC has no direct effect. In this case, survival comes first, and Staff is best weapon for that purpose.