Every day there are more and more Fractal groups looking for Chrono with no success...

Metal.3194

> @"rabenpriester.7129" said:

> > @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> > I clear fractals with all type of comps. Chrono is not really needed and may make it easier, but skill will do the same.

>

> Idk how relevant your opinion is to high end gameplay if you "clear fractals" and don't play CM+t4 daily.

I clear everything even raids without chronos.

> @"Phoebe Ascension.8437" said:

> No quickness (and to lesser extend alacrity) is death sentence in hard fractals, cm, and gorseval like raids. Dunno how people can act like the requirement of quickness doesn't exit, it does. First chrono's where born, then raids, not other way around. Balance happened after perma quickness was established.

Perma quickness wasn't instantaneously a thing you know.

> No quickness (and to lesser extend alacrity) is death sentence in hard fractals, cm, and gorseval like raids. Dunno how people can act like the requirement of quickness doesn't exit, it does. First chrono's where born, then raids, not other way around. Balance happened after perma quickness was established.

No it is not. You can still complete the content just fine. You just actually need to do the mechanics instead of skipping updrafts at Gorseval.

Gorseval is a bad example. There's 4 updrafts around the map for a reason. You can slack pretty hard on gorse as long as you aren't just auto attacking and do the mechanics properly.

> @"Morte de Angelis.7986" said:

> > @"Phoebe Ascension.8437" said:

> > No quickness (and to lesser extend alacrity) is death sentence in hard fractals, cm, and gorseval like raids. Dunno how people can act like the requirement of quickness doesn't exit, it does. First chrono's where born, then raids, not other way around. Balance happened after perma quickness was established.

>

> Gorseval is a bad example. There's 4 updrafts around the map for a reason. You can slack pretty hard on gorse as long as you aren't just auto attacking and do the mechanics properly.

But I heard doing Updrafts on Gorseval in 2018 (now 2019) was a sin...

I quit playing chrono in fractals because people don't stand in the wells so my commander's gear pieces are obsolete and SoI becomes a nightmare to use. I'm working on converting it mostly to diviner's for much more damage (dueling has a crit damage bonus too) due to not requiring concentration utility or chaos traitline, but that's my reason. My only gripe is blurred inscriptions needs a lower cooldown signet besides SoI.

I'm actually contemplating going with firebrand for quickness+aegis , as I really doubt running firebrand runes on a power mesmer will continue to be a thing (I have leadership on my chrono) after further patches.

Also, herald is the best for fury (which helps out assassin's presence) besides druid , the alacrity on renegade is another option.

Do you only play CMs+T4's? People who play T4 only get groups VERY fast and I guess there is no Chrono shortage because many of us don't even care about having a Chrono on board.

As for why people can't find a Chrono for a meta run, I'd say it certainly has to do with how problematic it is to play it optimally as you're intended to in a meta group. You're responsible for too much, yet rely too much on your allies positioning correctly, and also there is little payoff or reward for all of your hard work. In Raids Chrono is more or less fine but I'd definitely prefer FB+Rev for fractals if I must go anywhere near to an optimal run.

I'd been a support mesmer in fractals before HoT and would voluntarily help people skip difficult parts with portals. Back then, quickness only lasts long enough for a good burst attempt at the boss. Good meta group can kill the boss within a few seconds. Casual groups take a few more tries but nothing really disastrous. Dungeons and fractal fights didn't take very long and you could swing it with anything (even a ranger) at level 50. Then HoT came, I gladly accepted support chrono as my new 'improved' role. The years of "self-sacrifice" and exploitation just spiral from there:

* Support chrono loses the majority of the dps traits from the support mesmer to tailor for upkeeping permanent quickness and alacrity for a _****long****_ raid fight (10 minutes on the timer).

* Support chrono gets hit the most by balance: alacrity effectiveness nerfed, the ability to buff 10-man party nerfed, signet of inspiration duration nerfed, boon duration nerfed, phantasms totally revamped (_aka._ perma alacrity by avengers axed) and finally, signet of inspiration axed. Ironically enough, the meta comes a full circle back to the same rotation used in 2015!

* Every time a support chrono gets nerfed, _it does not fade out of meta_. It calls for a drastic degenerate change in builds. Going from berserker to commander, from domination, illusion, dueling to chaos, and from a "support chrono" to a "boon bot" :) I often see off chrono with 2k toughness refusing to tank - they regard themselves as a boon bot. Let's not forget the amount of investment to swap stats Every. Single. Time.

* What irritates me the most was when groups started to take distortion as a given, so domination - inspiration is not a choice but a must. Distortion wasn't saved for any particular deadly mechanics, but to save them from an extra dodge that would otherwise interrupt their DPS rotation :)

* Boon bots, banner slave, healer are often treated as such to empower the toxic bragging of DPS rankings.

* My last straw is when the chrono was forced to play chaos + shatter + mimic rotation, while making sure to aegis every other boss attacks. Ha, I quit. If others want a chrono, they should start playing it, or looking for alternatives.

> @"Infusion.7149" said:

> I quit playing chrono in fractals because people don't stand in the wells

Why you worry if people not stand in wells ? That not you problem, kick who not stand IF you toxic, or find another part, or just put wells on slack mode -> put on who understand - that's my choose!

>so my commander's gear pieces are obsolete

is it cool gear, you should have dps to kill elite wiht heal on cm 99 on second boss, and u can it.

>and SoI becomes a nightmare to use.

don't use that at all, take mimic fro example, or if need strip boons, o defender, dont belive raid builds!

>I'm working on converting it mostly to diviner's for much more damage (dueling has a crit damage bonus too)

Very otfen we do cm100 in 3 support + 2 dps party, relax and play! this is gw2!

> I'm actually contemplating going with firebrand for quickness+aegis

good choose too.