Power warrior, where is its place

kiranslee.4829

So hello everyone,

I would like to see how u feel about power warrior place in current game. With this said, i would like to discuss core and berzerker only, spellbreaker doesnt even feel like warrior to me and i do not wish to discuss it at all.

What i would like to get opinion on is simple, do you feel like warrior have place in specific areas that i care for (thats why no blob wvw or fractals, open world pve).

Finally , reason for me to post this topic is following, i spent over 10k h playing GW2, playing every single class. My favorite place in game is solo roaming wvw , dueling and general 1v1 in wvw lands. Favorite class for me is warrior but i honestly must say i hardly play it for long long time now , mainly since i find thief, druid and chrono by far more capable to do solo roaming. I spent long time waiting and trying to get best of war to get it "work" , but with addition of SB spec (d/d war is just out of theme for me), i kinda feel on brink of giving out hope. Saying this, after long time of hoping to find place for warrior in areas i like , with expansion coming i feels like im done with hopes and GW2 in general.

Please let me see how u guys feel, do you see any future for and especially berserker warrior.

Thanks.

So if you wish please break response to:

1. Core warrior

* PVE (raids)

* PVP

* WVW(solo roaming, small team up to 5 ppl)

2. Berzerker spec

* PVE (fractals, raids)

* PVP

* WVW(solo roaming, small team up to 5 ppl)

And here is how i see it after 8k hours spent on warrior (please bare in mind this is my opinion and its only my personal view).

1. Core warrior

* PVE (raids) - no place at all

* PVP - its good on lower tiers , going up its falling far behind

* WVW(solo roaming, small team up to 5 ppl) - solo roaming is not terrible but its not fun also. condi removal is bad, countering most of classes 1v1 is quite hard, escapability is mostly not an option. small teams of 5 can be fun and it works , but feels selfish to to ask team mates to be there just to support you.

2. Berzerker spec

* PVE (fractals, raids) - no place

* PVP - feels really slow and clunky , cant find good role for it , feels like u are there just to take 1 person spot.

* WVW(solo roaming, small team up to 5 ppl) - similar to pve, slow, clunky, highly dependable on skills like headbut (gl landing one). i mostly play berzerker since i like to run mace/sh gs, but its less usable then core and also almost every other class roaming build is counter. on same skill level of player only 50/50 chance berzerker have to win in 1v1 scenario is other berzerker.

Thank you for reading and thanks to all who wish to give input on this.

1. core warrior no very good anywhere

2. Bersker war

Pve (raids): they are decent for KC and to a lesser degree sloth but by no means optimal

Pvp: I have actually had good luck with a full glass zerker running destruction of the empowered as kinda a anti meta (boon spam) build

Wvw (roamimg): power war has been strong for a long time but can't really speak on it right now as I don't wvw roam anymore

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> Honestly, I have a feeling that the biggest reason why WvW roaming is about Power is because weapons like the Greatsword which has the most moblity are Power-based as opposed to Condition-based - not because Power is better or on par with Condition.

I agree with this. WvW roaming power warrior just has easier access to sustain and defensive abilities. With the addition of might makes right we can while in combat dodge roll into a group, GS whirlwind through the group again, and then dodge again and still have endurance left over for another dodge which if we dodged again we'd probably have enough endurance for another dodge. Then we could switch to ____/shield, do a bunch of blocks with shield master and refill endurance again. Hopefully by that time our GS whirlwind is off cooldown. TBH might makes right is the rise of the dodgy warrior.

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > Honestly, I have a feeling that the biggest reason why WvW roaming is about Power is because weapons like the Greatsword which has the most moblity are Power-based as opposed to Condition-based - not because Power is better or on par with Condition.

>

> I agree with this. WvW roaming power warrior just has easier access to sustain and defensive abilities. With the addition of might makes right we can while in combat dodge roll into a group, GS whirlwind through the group again, and then dodge again and still have endurance left over for another dodge which if we dodged again we'd probably have enough endurance for another dodge. Then we could switch to ____/shield, do a bunch of blocks with shield master and refill endurance again. Hopefully by that time our GS whirlwind is off cooldown. TBH might makes right is the rise of the dodgy warrior.

Exactly this. GS is really the best weapon by far for a roaming warrior, followed by shield. If gs had a couple of conditions thrown on to it, I wouldn't be surprised if condi became a common roaming spec.

Power Berserker is in pretty bad shape overall. It's straight up trash in PvE.

Ever since they have nerfed Berserker's F1 to only count as Level 1 adrenaline, it killed the elite in GvG+WvW. I am talking about Berserker here.

However it opened the spot for Core warrior again which still brings a crap tons of Dmg and some CC.

IMO for WvW and roaming, core is the way to go from now on. Greatsword + Axe(sword)/Shield. Definitely not as fuck as Power zerk was but hey, at least it's a viable power build.

> @Noopleh.1829 said:

> Definitely not as kitten as Power zerk was but hey, at least it's a viable power build.

Thank you for reply. I did quote part i find concerning. You say viable in wvw , but i really believe, when facing same skill level roamers on any other class (except poor engi that is in bad shape too :( ), i find that is actually not viable. I do have over 8k hours on war , and i believe im quite capable warrior, but i believe its not even on viable level.

I know many ppl can go and say, go youtube and watch vids like vannss or so, but in all truth, 99% of those vids are cherry picked parts and also 99% vs less or far less skilled opponents. Again, just opinion from my side.

> @Noopleh.1829 said:

> Power Berserker is in pretty bad shape overall. It's straight up trash in PvE.

> Ever since they have nerfed Berserker's F1 to only count as Level 1 adrenaline, it killed the elite in GvG+WvW. I am talking about Berserker here.

> However it opened the spot for Core warrior again which still brings a crap tons of Dmg and some CC.

> IMO for WvW and roaming, core is the way to go from now on. Greatsword + Axe(sword)/Shield. Definitely not as kitten as Power zerk was but hey, at least it's a viable power build.

Exactly, with might makes right for WvW (I'm lazy I run my build everywhere in WvW and still survive) we're pretty much sticking to 3 traits that just work together, and if you roll Berserker you're missing out on one of them, so you're either giving up your might makes right/reckless dodge/forceful greatsword, shield master/AH/(last stand, cleansing ire, or rousing resilience all 3 good but only have one) or fast hands/warrior sprint/(axe mastery or burst mastery). All 3 of those makes you give up allot if you remove just one.

For me power warrior is currently only "enjoyable" in open PvE and camp flipping in WvW. Despite all this I still enjoy logging on my warrior and taking it for a walk, but it's unfortunately lost it's place as my main due to the Berserker nerfs earlier this year. It currently exists as a hindrance to your team in any other game mode. Which to me is by far the most disappointing thing about it's current iteration.

> @Noopleh.1829 said:

> Power Berserker is in pretty bad shape overall. It's straight up trash in PvE.

> Ever since they have nerfed Berserker's F1 to only count as Level 1 adrenaline, it killed the elite in GvG+WvW. I am talking about Berserker here.

> However it opened the spot for Core warrior again which still brings a crap tons of Dmg and some CC.

> IMO for WvW and roaming, core is the way to go from now on. Greatsword + Axe(sword)/Shield. Definitely not as kitten as Power zerk was but hey, at least it's a viable power build.

Been trying to get myself more into WvW/Roaming would you mind posting a quick build? I've been running GS+Axe/Shield but as a berserker, would be curious how a core warrior would run. Thanks!

> @Intrepid.5841 said:

> > @Noopleh.1829 said:

> > Power Berserker is in pretty bad shape overall. It's straight up trash in PvE.

> > Ever since they have nerfed Berserker's F1 to only count as Level 1 adrenaline, it killed the elite in GvG+WvW. I am talking about Berserker here.

> > However it opened the spot for Core warrior again which still brings a crap tons of Dmg and some CC.

> > IMO for WvW and roaming, core is the way to go from now on. Greatsword + Axe(sword)/Shield. Definitely not as kitten as Power zerk was but hey, at least it's a viable power build.

>

> Been trying to get myself more into WvW/Roaming would you mind posting a quick build? I've been running GS+Axe/Shield but as a berserker, would be curious how a core warrior would run. Thanks!

Zerker armor + strength runes.

Defense 2-1-2 or 1-1-2 (depends on what you face when you roam I guess)

Discipline 2-2-2 - Discipline is versatile, you can also go 2-1 for extra cleanse and 3rd depends on you, either more axe damage, quickness proc or more adrenaline skills damage + adrenaline recharge

Strength 2-2-1(or 1 for sustain) You could always go 1-2-2 if you want to rampage people down.

Skills; Signet or Defiant stance - Utilities; Endure Pain, Berserker's Stance, Dolyak signet or Balanced stance, Elite; Signet of Fury or Rampage. It's frowned upon to rampage in duels , but who cares eh?

As for Sigils, that really depends on you, I personally like Force + Energy on both sets. Some people swear by Hydromancy

For what it's worth, I still run a Gunflame gimmick build in WvW small-group roaming. It still surprises glassy classes and still sometimes yields a OHKO on unprepared Thieves, Eles, and Guardians. Obviously the mass proliferation of reflects, blocks, and invulns has hurt the build, but the recent 3 -> 1 Burst nerf on Berserk mode Bursts didn't hurt too much because I didn't run the Defense trait line to begin with.

I'm willing to give Spellbreaker a shot but I don't see it bringing the same alpha-strike potential, especially in small-group situations. It will be good for dueling, of course, but probably better for zergfighting than small-group roaming. I don't play condi Berserker (or any condi build on any profession, really) because condi builds are boring.

> @Sifu.9745 said:

> Just wait for one more day and Power will shine again. Spellbreaker = Power only. No more condi Warriors, are you happy now?

Power Spellbreaker will most likely have its place in PvP and WvW (and open world of course). For end-game PvE (high-tier fractals and raids) I'm not so sure though, right now I don't see how it could possibly dethrone (or even be on par with) cPS/cDPS Zerk without a massive nerf to the latter or a buff to power dps.

> @Sifu.9745 said:

> Just wait for one more day and Power will shine again. Spellbreaker = Power only. No more condi Warriors, are you happy now?

I doubt that's going to happen for PvE - while Spellbreaker would probably be able to keep up with might generation to be usable as a PS build, its damage would still be way lower than the condi variant. Dagger's damage is one of the lowest of the Warrior's kit, and I don't think the devs have any plans to increase it. Spellbreaker also has fewer damage modifiers than Berserker, making it do less dps overall.

As far as PvE is concerned, it's probably condi Berserker until they either nerf it or the next xpac comes.

In PvP/WvW spellbreaker should be great though, or at least that's the hope.

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> " Dagger's damage is one of the lowest of the Warrior's kit"

>

> Wat. You... you're joking right? Please tell me you're joking.

>

>

No? If you even tinkered a LITTLE with Breaker in the beta that would have been *incredibly* obvious. Here's the power modifier comparison between the power Dagger autoattacks:

Breaker: 0.55(0.63), 0.55(0.63), 0.85 - bracketed number is taking the ferocity modifier as baseline (always crit)

Thief: 0.8, 0.85, 1.1

Necro: 0.9, 0.7, 1.2

Warrior dagger auto is really sad DPS, even within warrior's own kit.

> @Jzaku.9765 said:

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > " Dagger's damage is one of the lowest of the Warrior's kit"

> >

> > Wat. You... you're joking right? Please tell me you're joking.

> >

> >

>

> No? If you even tinkered a LITTLE with Breaker in the beta that would have been *incredibly* obvious. Here's the power modifier comparison between the power Dagger autoattacks:

> Breaker: 0.55(0.63), 0.55(0.63), 0.85 - bracketed number is taking the ferocity modifier as baseline (always crit)

> Thief: 0.8, 0.85, 1.1

> Necro: 0.9, 0.7, 1.2

>

> Warrior dagger auto is really sad DPS, even within warrior's own kit.

There's no need to get snarky. I have like zero interest in the Spellbreaker (because who wants Daggers on a big Norn and it seemed to be tailored towards PvP which doesn't interest me) and as such didn't bother playtesting one.

But at the very least I was expecting Daggers on Warriors to follow suit with other classes. At the very least.