Gen 3 Legendary Weapons!

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > I personally feel that they should stop for quite some time after this set. There reaches a time when you have so many legendary weapons that the entire tier becomes bloated. Exotic skins have become fancier and fancier with some even rivaling legendary skins. The line is becoming more and more blurred.

>

> Not really true though. The number of exotic and collection skins still outnumbers the Legendary by a substantial margin, and thats not even counting Blacklion skins. The "problem" with legendary skins is perception that they need to be universally better then other skins, but there simply too many "opinions" about what makes a good skin/effect to have that universal appeal. To this day, we're still having arguments over "joke legendary" skins, or how Twilight is more popular then Sunrise, because Edge Lords.

>

> The real issue is that Legendary weapons are not coming fast enough to satisfy demands. Keep in mind, that Fashion Wars is a big deal for this game's overall player base; and every new outfit or armor set is a new opportunity to put together a new look. But we currently have a problem where most accounts don't have, or don't want, enough characters to properly take advantage of the numerous "looks" we can create; and the rate at which cosmetics come out are oddly paced compared to the frequency we'd want to change those looks. Some things come out too frequently (like outfits, mounts and gliders), while others are way too far in between (weapon sets, armors, and infusions), and occasionally we'll have a single item kick off a massive wardrobe shuffle (Elemental sword, wing back pieces, legendary weapon). Part of that may be intentional to keep eyes on the gem store.

>

> For a long time I've been pondering the problem of the Legendary divide. Ever since Legendary Raid armor came out , we've come face to face with the fact that some of the aspects of Legendary weapons (particularly with the exclusive effects) could be put to better use on other skins, while some Legendary skins don't really benefit enough from their effects. The Khan-ur is kind of in a weird place, as the concept and lore behind it is on point, but the effects assigned to it don't seem lack luster. Its not even an argument of subdued vs overt, but one of lack of good distinction in conveying its theme through effects.

>

> And thats not even going into the problem of builds too heavily favoring certain weapons across all the classes. Unfortunately that problem is more extensive then choice of skin, and its come to down to Especs to address the issue properly (which is something we also notably lack in sufficient numbers).

I never said the quantity of legendary skins was comparable to exotic skins so I don’t know why you brought that up as something I had said and then disagreed with it.