Reaper / Scourge romer-smallscale gear

Droontar.1542

> @"felincyriac.5981" said:

> Anyone tried a scourge build with "blood bond"? It's a power scourge build with a lot of sustain, sounds pretty fun. Could also make a condi varient I guess.

Hm... Blood bond is pretty meh on power builds I think. Even if you play BiP (I don't like using BiP without boon/might duration)

Well it's a better option than ritual of life I guess, and most of the times better than the movement speed (depends on build).

I'm currently testing this build, switch out the grieving stats for diviners gear. (The website doesn't have diviners gear implemented yet)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3dnc0AVbit2AG3A0biFcBTqH01CbQXtAwBI+K+FLjA-jlSGQBA4gAYgnAA0uAAJRJX9Uhoc6Ggx+DFV9FqoEsgKHIFg5S2A-w

Worked just fine yesterday, might be a bit to much might generation though.

I'm at ~35% boon duration. And pack rune seems to be not bugged anymore. Works just fine. Also I might switch some of the marauders gear I to Valkyrie, because of decimate defenses.

Didn't look that much into how many vulnerability stacks, enemies have on average.

Going to test this build further. for some enemies I took reapers protection to get extra protection uptime (especially warriors) and for boonbeasts and revenants I took corrupt boon. But I didn't find many skilled players.

Hope this will get better this evening, when I'm transferring to another, more populated server.

I'm pretty pleased to see people finally understanding the value of crusader gear. It really is great. I'm not gonna talk WvW (not my main mode) but for harder PvE without organized group, crusader reaper is the bomb (tanking, damage, healing), especially with necro's ability to get free hp (vital persistance, rune with hp like durability rune or vampirism). You can put some divner's gear in there as well as some suggested for extra quickness uptime outta shroud.

For scourge i had most success with Trailblazer or Apothecary/Settler stats. First one is already tanky and it gives you very solid condi damage. Second choice is for less damage but maximum sustain. Be sure to trait parasitic contagion as this trait is very powerful vs packs of enemies on scourge.

I experimented a bit with antitoxin rune, since some people here seem to be big fans of it, but I still think the rune is useless in my my sustain build above.

So an alternative (more offensive) build, for antitoxin rune fans:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhF6kZTocTs2Gw4GgeTsgLYRbt81HIuKuFLjQXtAwBA-j1xHQBA4UA8PlfvT9HGqEkX7P8N9BK7JAEA4A48m38zDc+5nf+5n33nf+5nf+5nf+5nHA-w

Roamed a few hours on it and had good success.

But like for every reaper build: Avoid open field thief/soulbeast fights! When there are LOS options, you can beat everything on that build as the boon corrupt and crit chance is insane at the cost of range, which is poor.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> I experimented a bit with antitoxin rune, since some people here seem to be big fans of it, but I still think the rune is useless in my my sustain build above.

>

> So an alternative (more offensive) build, for antitoxin rune fans:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhF6kZTocTs2Gw4GgeTsgLYRbt81HIuKuFLjQXtAwBA-j1xHQBA4UA8PlfvT9HGqEkX7P8N9BK7JAEA4A48m38zDc+5nf+5n33nf+5nf+5nf+5nHA-w

>

> Roamed a few hours on it and had good success.

>

> But like for every reaper build: Avoid open field thief/soulbeast fights! When there are LOS options, you can beat everything on that build as the boon corrupt and crit chance is insane at the cost of range, which is poor.

>

Okay, this build is much better though out. You have near 100% crit chance, you have GOOD condition cleansing, damage and corrupts.

Only thing you lack is Reliable damage mitigation. Personally I would just drop Maurader gear. Invest in captains trinkets and either Assassin gear or commanders, depending on how comfortable you are at sitting perfectly at 100% crit chance or less than that. But this would just be personal choice. If ur cool with hanging around in 1k toughness and light armor than that’s cool. But if u want to take on soul beasts, toughness is the way to go.

Now even though I think anti toxin can be used better (its most effective synergy is with death magic and spectral walk) you should be okay on Condi cleansing. However, your taking suffer, which imo could be used for a different utility. Of course because of how you made this build you put a dependence on your utilities to cleanse your conditions rather than your traitlines.

Lastly, If you want to take advantage of quickness, having utilities and heal spells with cash times benefit more than it does from taking spells with no cast times, ei; shouts.

Feast of corruption makes for more useful application with quickness after leaving shroud, likewise a utility with cast times also take advantage of this.

Just my thoughts. But all and all a good build with good theory crafting.

> @"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > I experimented a bit with antitoxin rune, since some people here seem to be big fans of it, but I still think the rune is useless in my my sustain build above.

> >

> > So an alternative (more offensive) build, for antitoxin rune fans:

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhF6kZTocTs2Gw4GgeTsgLYRbt81HIuKuFLjQXtAwBA-j1xHQBA4UA8PlfvT9HGqEkX7P8N9BK7JAEA4A48m38zDc+5nf+5n33nf+5nf+5nf+5nHA-w

> >

> > Roamed a few hours on it and had good success.

> >

> > But like for every reaper build: Avoid open field thief/soulbeast fights! When there are LOS options, you can beat everything on that build as the boon corrupt and crit chance is insane at the cost of range, which is poor.

> >

>

> Okay, this build is much better though out. You have near 100% crit chance, you have GOOD condition cleansing, damage and corrupts.

You will only need Condi cleanse against mirages. But wasting the rune for only one build that it counters? Not worth it I think.

>

> Only thing you lack is Reliable damage mitigation. Personally I would just drop Maurader gear. Invest in captains trinkets and either Assassin gear or commanders, depending on how comfortable you are at sitting perfectly at 100% crit chance or less than that. But this would just be personal choice. If ur cool with hanging around in 1k toughness and light armor than that’s cool. But if u want to take on soul beasts, toughness is the way to go.

I have to agree here. No toughness is very hard to play on, especially with all those power classes.

>

> Now even though I think anti toxin can be used better (its most effective synergy is with death magic and spectral walk) you should be okay on Condi cleansing. However, your taking suffer, which imo could be used for a different utility. Of course because of how you made this build you put a dependence on your utilities to cleanse your conditions rather than your traitlines.

>

> Lastly, If you want to take advantage of quickness, having utilities and heal spells with cash times benefit more than it does from taking spells with no cast times, ei; shouts.

>

> Feast of corruption makes for more useful application with quickness after leaving shroud, likewise a utility with cast times also take advantage of this.

>

> Just my thoughts. But all and all a good build with good theory crafting.

The problem you'll encounter here, you have to calculate, using all Abilities without quickness.

Because max duration of quickness outside of shroud would be ~3seconds. But using all utility skills in that time makes you very predictable and easy to kill

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

> > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > I experimented a bit with antitoxin rune, since some people here seem to be big fans of it, but I still think the rune is useless in my my sustain build above.

> > >

> > > So an alternative (more offensive) build, for antitoxin rune fans:

> > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhF6kZTocTs2Gw4GgeTsgLYRbt81HIuKuFLjQXtAwBA-j1xHQBA4UA8PlfvT9HGqEkX7P8N9BK7JAEA4A48m38zDc+5nf+5n33nf+5nf+5nf+5nHA-w

> > >

> > > Roamed a few hours on it and had good success.

> > >

> > > But like for every reaper build: Avoid open field thief/soulbeast fights! When there are LOS options, you can beat everything on that build as the boon corrupt and crit chance is insane at the cost of range, which is poor.

> > >

> >

> > Okay, this build is much better though out. You have near 100% crit chance, you have GOOD condition cleansing, damage and corrupts.

>

> You will only need Condi cleanse against mirages. But wasting the rune for only one build that it counters? Not worth it I think.

> >

> > Only thing you lack is Reliable damage mitigation. Personally I would just drop Maurader gear. Invest in captains trinkets and either Assassin gear or commanders, depending on how comfortable you are at sitting perfectly at 100% crit chance or less than that. But this would just be personal choice. If ur cool with hanging around in 1k toughness and light armor than that’s cool. But if u want to take on soul beasts, toughness is the way to go.

>

> I have to agree here. No toughness is very hard to play on, especially with all those power classes.

>

> >

> > Now even though I think anti toxin can be used better (its most effective synergy is with death magic and spectral walk) you should be okay on Condi cleansing. However, your taking suffer, which imo could be used for a different utility. Of course because of how you made this build you put a dependence on your utilities to cleanse your conditions rather than your traitlines.

> >

> > Lastly, If you want to take advantage of quickness, having utilities and heal spells with cash times benefit more than it does from taking spells with no cast times, ei; shouts.

> >

> > Feast of corruption makes for more useful application with quickness after leaving shroud, likewise a utility with cast times also take advantage of this.

> >

> > Just my thoughts. But all and all a good build with good theory crafting.

>

> The problem you'll encounter here, you have to calculate, using all Abilities without quickness.

>

> Because max duration of quickness outside of shroud would be ~3seconds. But using all utility skills in that time makes you very predictable and easy to kill

>

Ya, the build he has no boon duration so that’s why the shouts are okay

And there’s plenty of Condi specs. Don’t forget scourge. Power is more prevalent but Condi cleanse is always good to have even in abundance.

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

> > > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > I experimented a bit with antitoxin rune, since some people here seem to be big fans of it, but I still think the rune is useless in my my sustain build above.

> > > >

> > > > So an alternative (more offensive) build, for antitoxin rune fans:

> > > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhF6kZTocTs2Gw4GgeTsgLYRbt81HIuKuFLjQXtAwBA-j1xHQBA4UA8PlfvT9HGqEkX7P8N9BK7JAEA4A48m38zDc+5nf+5n33nf+5nf+5nf+5nHA-w

> > > >

> > > > Roamed a few hours on it and had good success.

> > > >

> > > > But like for every reaper build: Avoid open field thief/soulbeast fights! When there are LOS options, you can beat everything on that build as the boon corrupt and crit chance is insane at the cost of range, which is poor.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Okay, this build is much better though out. You have near 100% crit chance, you have GOOD condition cleansing, damage and corrupts.

> >

> > You will only need Condi cleanse against mirages. But wasting the rune for only one build that it counters? Not worth it I think.

> > >

> > > Only thing you lack is Reliable damage mitigation. Personally I would just drop Maurader gear. Invest in captains trinkets and either Assassin gear or commanders, depending on how comfortable you are at sitting perfectly at 100% crit chance or less than that. But this would just be personal choice. If ur cool with hanging around in 1k toughness and light armor than that’s cool. But if u want to take on soul beasts, toughness is the way to go.

> >

> > I have to agree here. No toughness is very hard to play on, especially with all those power classes.

> >

> > >

> > > Now even though I think anti toxin can be used better (its most effective synergy is with death magic and spectral walk) you should be okay on Condi cleansing. However, your taking suffer, which imo could be used for a different utility. Of course because of how you made this build you put a dependence on your utilities to cleanse your conditions rather than your traitlines.

> > >

> > > Lastly, If you want to take advantage of quickness, having utilities and heal spells with cash times benefit more than it does from taking spells with no cast times, ei; shouts.

> > >

> > > Feast of corruption makes for more useful application with quickness after leaving shroud, likewise a utility with cast times also take advantage of this.

> > >

> > > Just my thoughts. But all and all a good build with good theory crafting.

> >

> > The problem you'll encounter here, you have to calculate, using all Abilities without quickness.

> >

> > Because max duration of quickness outside of shroud would be ~3seconds. But using all utility skills in that time makes you very predictable and easy to kill

> >

>

> Ya, the build he has no boon duration so that’s why the shouts are okay

>

> And there’s plenty of Condi specs. Don’t forget scourge. Power is more prevalent but Condi cleanse is always good to have even in abundance.

>

>

>

I played against many scourges (Condi). And I did so with just spectral walk and consume conditions. Easy wins.

And I really never meet any other Condi roamers than mirages.

Well Condi thief and maybe ranger but they are very very rare

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > @"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

> > > > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > > I experimented a bit with antitoxin rune, since some people here seem to be big fans of it, but I still think the rune is useless in my my sustain build above.

> > > > >

> > > > > So an alternative (more offensive) build, for antitoxin rune fans:

> > > > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhF6kZTocTs2Gw4GgeTsgLYRbt81HIuKuFLjQXtAwBA-j1xHQBA4UA8PlfvT9HGqEkX7P8N9BK7JAEA4A48m38zDc+5nf+5n33nf+5nf+5nf+5nHA-w

> > > > >

> > > > > Roamed a few hours on it and had good success.

> > > > >

> > > > > But like for every reaper build: Avoid open field thief/soulbeast fights! When there are LOS options, you can beat everything on that build as the boon corrupt and crit chance is insane at the cost of range, which is poor.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Okay, this build is much better though out. You have near 100% crit chance, you have GOOD condition cleansing, damage and corrupts.

> > >

> > > You will only need Condi cleanse against mirages. But wasting the rune for only one build that it counters? Not worth it I think.

> > > >

> > > > Only thing you lack is Reliable damage mitigation. Personally I would just drop Maurader gear. Invest in captains trinkets and either Assassin gear or commanders, depending on how comfortable you are at sitting perfectly at 100% crit chance or less than that. But this would just be personal choice. If ur cool with hanging around in 1k toughness and light armor than that’s cool. But if u want to take on soul beasts, toughness is the way to go.

> > >

> > > I have to agree here. No toughness is very hard to play on, especially with all those power classes.

> > >

> > > >

> > > > Now even though I think anti toxin can be used better (its most effective synergy is with death magic and spectral walk) you should be okay on Condi cleansing. However, your taking suffer, which imo could be used for a different utility. Of course because of how you made this build you put a dependence on your utilities to cleanse your conditions rather than your traitlines.

> > > >

> > > > Lastly, If you want to take advantage of quickness, having utilities and heal spells with cash times benefit more than it does from taking spells with no cast times, ei; shouts.

> > > >

> > > > Feast of corruption makes for more useful application with quickness after leaving shroud, likewise a utility with cast times also take advantage of this.

> > > >

> > > > Just my thoughts. But all and all a good build with good theory crafting.

> > >

> > > The problem you'll encounter here, you have to calculate, using all Abilities without quickness.

> > >

> > > Because max duration of quickness outside of shroud would be ~3seconds. But using all utility skills in that time makes you very predictable and easy to kill

> > >

> >

> > Ya, the build he has no boon duration so that’s why the shouts are okay

> >

> > And there’s plenty of Condi specs. Don’t forget scourge. Power is more prevalent but Condi cleanse is always good to have even in abundance.

> >

> >

> >

>

> I played against many scourges (Condi). And I did so with just spectral walk and consume conditions. Easy wins.

>

> And I really never meet any other Condi roamers than mirages.

> Well Condi thief and maybe ranger but they are very very rare

But realistically you can’t beat a Condi Mesmer without antitoxin. With anti toxin you can 1v1 and win without really getting into too much trouble.

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

> > > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > > @"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

> > > > > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > > > I experimented a bit with antitoxin rune, since some people here seem to be big fans of it, but I still think the rune is useless in my my sustain build above.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So an alternative (more offensive) build, for antitoxin rune fans:

> > > > > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhF6kZTocTs2Gw4GgeTsgLYRbt81HIuKuFLjQXtAwBA-j1xHQBA4UA8PlfvT9HGqEkX7P8N9BK7JAEA4A48m38zDc+5nf+5n33nf+5nf+5nf+5nHA-w

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Roamed a few hours on it and had good success.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But like for every reaper build: Avoid open field thief/soulbeast fights! When there are LOS options, you can beat everything on that build as the boon corrupt and crit chance is insane at the cost of range, which is poor.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Okay, this build is much better though out. You have near 100% crit chance, you have GOOD condition cleansing, damage and corrupts.

> > > >

> > > > You will only need Condi cleanse against mirages. But wasting the rune for only one build that it counters? Not worth it I think.

> > > > >

> > > > > Only thing you lack is Reliable damage mitigation. Personally I would just drop Maurader gear. Invest in captains trinkets and either Assassin gear or commanders, depending on how comfortable you are at sitting perfectly at 100% crit chance or less than that. But this would just be personal choice. If ur cool with hanging around in 1k toughness and light armor than that’s cool. But if u want to take on soul beasts, toughness is the way to go.

> > > >

> > > > I have to agree here. No toughness is very hard to play on, especially with all those power classes.

> > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Now even though I think anti toxin can be used better (its most effective synergy is with death magic and spectral walk) you should be okay on Condi cleansing. However, your taking suffer, which imo could be used for a different utility. Of course because of how you made this build you put a dependence on your utilities to cleanse your conditions rather than your traitlines.

> > > > >

> > > > > Lastly, If you want to take advantage of quickness, having utilities and heal spells with cash times benefit more than it does from taking spells with no cast times, ei; shouts.

> > > > >

> > > > > Feast of corruption makes for more useful application with quickness after leaving shroud, likewise a utility with cast times also take advantage of this.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just my thoughts. But all and all a good build with good theory crafting.

> > > >

> > > > The problem you'll encounter here, you have to calculate, using all Abilities without quickness.

> > > >

> > > > Because max duration of quickness outside of shroud would be ~3seconds. But using all utility skills in that time makes you very predictable and easy to kill

> > > >

> > >

> > > Ya, the build he has no boon duration so that’s why the shouts are okay

> > >

> > > And there’s plenty of Condi specs. Don’t forget scourge. Power is more prevalent but Condi cleanse is always good to have even in abundance.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I played against many scourges (Condi). And I did so with just spectral walk and consume conditions. Easy wins.

> >

> > And I really never meet any other Condi roamers than mirages.

> > Well Condi thief and maybe ranger but they are very very rare

>

> But realistically **you can’t beat a Condi Mesmer without antitoxin**. With anti toxin you can 1v1 and win without really getting into too much trouble.

You can. The blood/sr/reaper/flock build has better condi sustain than the spite/curses/reaper/antitoxin build. I duelled condi mirages on both builds and trolled core trailblazer necros (the dude from CORE who posted roaming videos in this forum xD) and trailblazer condi daredevils with the blood/sr/reaper/flock build - both encounters you can sustain forever - your cleanses will grant you a constant flow of life force. That's not possible on the spite/curses/reaper/antitoxin build - you will run out of life force pretty quick.

Regarding the toughness gear: You need that vitality on marauder! Going for commander leaves you alone with 13k life force. That's a huge problem for any encounter. Shroud drops too fast. The life force bonus in SR is so important that running any non-SR pvp build without addtional vitality is not viable.

I experimented a lot with mixes of vitality and toughness in that build but the damage loss was too high to be a serious threat. In the end I decided to go only for vitality.

The Suffer! utility slot: yes that's true, you can change that to another utility or even locust signet and warhorn to focus, but without Suffer! you are a freekill to condi mirages on that build. They will bomb you until one shroud enter transfer fails because of one of his million blinds and then you are fucked (e.g. if you have 3 condis on you - one of them is a blind - and RNG decides you transfer the other 2, then the whole transfer will fail as you are blinded -> GG).

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > @"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

> > > > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > > > @"JusticeRetroHunter.7684" said:

> > > > > > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > > > > I experimented a bit with antitoxin rune, since some people here seem to be big fans of it, but I still think the rune is useless in my my sustain build above.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So an alternative (more offensive) build, for antitoxin rune fans:

> > > > > > > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhF6kZTocTs2Gw4GgeTsgLYRbt81HIuKuFLjQXtAwBA-j1xHQBA4UA8PlfvT9HGqEkX7P8N9BK7JAEA4A48m38zDc+5nf+5n33nf+5nf+5nf+5nHA-w

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Roamed a few hours on it and had good success.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But like for every reaper build: Avoid open field thief/soulbeast fights! When there are LOS options, you can beat everything on that build as the boon corrupt and crit chance is insane at the cost of range, which is poor.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Okay, this build is much better though out. You have near 100% crit chance, you have GOOD condition cleansing, damage and corrupts.

> > > > >

> > > > > You will only need Condi cleanse against mirages. But wasting the rune for only one build that it counters? Not worth it I think.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Only thing you lack is Reliable damage mitigation. Personally I would just drop Maurader gear. Invest in captains trinkets and either Assassin gear or commanders, depending on how comfortable you are at sitting perfectly at 100% crit chance or less than that. But this would just be personal choice. If ur cool with hanging around in 1k toughness and light armor than that’s cool. But if u want to take on soul beasts, toughness is the way to go.

> > > > >

> > > > > I have to agree here. No toughness is very hard to play on, especially with all those power classes.

> > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Now even though I think anti toxin can be used better (its most effective synergy is with death magic and spectral walk) you should be okay on Condi cleansing. However, your taking suffer, which imo could be used for a different utility. Of course because of how you made this build you put a dependence on your utilities to cleanse your conditions rather than your traitlines.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Lastly, If you want to take advantage of quickness, having utilities and heal spells with cash times benefit more than it does from taking spells with no cast times, ei; shouts.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Feast of corruption makes for more useful application with quickness after leaving shroud, likewise a utility with cast times also take advantage of this.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Just my thoughts. But all and all a good build with good theory crafting.

> > > > >

> > > > > The problem you'll encounter here, you have to calculate, using all Abilities without quickness.

> > > > >

> > > > > Because max duration of quickness outside of shroud would be ~3seconds. But using all utility skills in that time makes you very predictable and easy to kill

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Ya, the build he has no boon duration so that’s why the shouts are okay

> > > >

> > > > And there’s plenty of Condi specs. Don’t forget scourge. Power is more prevalent but Condi cleanse is always good to have even in abundance.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I played against many scourges (Condi). And I did so with just spectral walk and consume conditions. Easy wins.

> > >

> > > And I really never meet any other Condi roamers than mirages.

> > > Well Condi thief and maybe ranger but they are very very rare

> >

> > But realistically **you can’t beat a Condi Mesmer without antitoxin**. With anti toxin you can 1v1 and win without really getting into too much trouble.

> You can. The blood/sr/reaper/flock build has better condi sustain than the spite/curses/reaper/antitoxin build. I duelled condi mirages on both builds and trolled core trailblazer necros (the dude from CORE who posted roaming videos in this forum xD) and trailblazer condi daredevils with the blood/sr/reaper/flock build - both encounters you can sustain forever - your cleanses will grant you a constant flow of life force. That's not possible on the spite/curses/reaper/antitoxin build - you will run out of life force pretty quick.

>

> Regarding the toughness gear: You need that vitality on marauder! Going for commander leaves you alone with 13k life force. That's a huge problem for any encounter. Shroud drops too fast. The life force bonus in SR is so important that running any non-SR pvp build without addtional vitality is not viable.

>

> I experimented a lot with mixes of vitality and toughness in that build but the damage loss was too high to be a serious threat. In the end I decided to go only for vitality.

>

> The Suffer! utility slot: yes that's true, you can change that to another utility or even locust signet and warhorn to focus, but without Suffer! you are a freekill to condi mirages on that build. They will bomb you until one shroud enter transfer fails because of one of his million blinds and then you are kitten (e.g. if you have 3 condis on you - one of them is a blind - and RNG decides you transfer the other 2, then the whole transfer will fail as you are blinded -> GG).

Sure. I mean that’s the consequence of taking spite/curses and having condition cleanse utilities to synergies with antitoxin runes, rather than just bringing death magic to synergies with antitoxin, You force yourself in having your utilities be condition cleanses, rather than passive condition cleanse. This kinda prevents you from takeing utilities that generate life force like spectral grasp. And of course with spite/curses you lose benefits from Soul Reaping related to life force gain, so ya, those issues together in your build probably causes issues with life force Regen. But that’s just a consequence of how you made the build.

As for gear...I mean It’s your choice. The way I make my builds without marauder, I have 22k health from traits...so I have 17k life force (Soul Reaping line give you 80% HP to Life force ratio) which to me is fine. But again that’s cause I choose death magic and Soul Reaping over curses and spite.

I can go into reasons as to why you don’t really need spite, but your build has a theme which is corrupting boons, which you maximize this by taking those two traitlines. So ya again these are all just consequences of how you put your traits and skills together in your build.

I'm playing this right now:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3dnc0AV3gVbCG3A0biFrBjKEEDmUSBgQWJLeDOCThA-jlSGQBQ7CAAj9HkoSwCqMwAPEg6pCxaVfpc6GIoSPAcEAIFg5S2A-w

Of sustain isn't as good as having bloodmagic, but the defense as well as offense is pretty good. Against warriors, guards Engis and mirages I use the protection trait

Mirage setup: suffer, spectral armor, spectral walk

Engi: BiP, corrupt boon, spectral walk

Warrior/guard: corrupt boon, ncsy, spectral walk

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> I'm playing this right now:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3dnc0AV3gVbCG3A0biFrBjKEEDmUSBgQWJLeDOCThA-jlSGQBQ7CAAj9HkoSwCqMwAPEg6pCxaVfpc6GIoSPAcEAIFg5S2A-w

>

> Of sustain isn't as good as having bloodmagic, but the defense as well as offense is pretty good. Against warriors, guards Engis and mirages I use the protection trait

>

> Mirage setup: suffer, spectral armor, spectral walk

> Engi: BiP, corrupt boon, spectral walk

> Warrior/guard: corrupt boon, ncsy, spectral walk

>

Looking on this build there’s s couple things that I would question

First is decimate defences. Why have this trait over any of the other two choices? You don’t output vulnerability, and even if you did, you have enough crit chance already via fury from pack runes and/or Deaths Perception. (97% with pack Rune proc and 77% without)

Pack Runes...back to this discussion...it’s not perma and lasts only 12ish seconds/30seconds, and to take advantage of it you have to dedicate a full set of diviner gear for something that’s effective 40% of the time. You have death magic with shrouded removal and spectral walk but no antitoxin?

Crusader trinkets for 250 healing power...is there a reason for this? Why not go captains, to gain more toughness and more precision so that you can drop pack runes for a better set of runes?

Deadly strength...it makes sense...but it’s really not that impactful imo. For lack of anything better to choose really is why I assume you took this trait. With 1400 toughness your taking home 180ish power in shroud maximum, which is about 3-6 stacks of unstrippable might. Is that really better than -20% condition damage with protection? Plus 5 seconds of protection on Stun?

Corrupters fervor...alright now I understand your thought process for taking crusader trinkets. You max out toughness with Ferver which leaves you some extra stats. That’s cool. But 280 healing power on necro which most healing scales poorly with...you should still swap out these trinkets for better stats like boon duration, precision, or even more toughness and drop ferver for sanctuary.

Just some of my thoughts.

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > I'm playing this right now:

> > http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3dnc0AV3gVbCG3A0biFrBjKEEDmUSBgQWJLeDOCThA-jlSGQBQ7CAAj9HkoSwCqMwAPEg6pCxaVfpc6GIoSPAcEAIFg5S2A-w

> >

> > Of sustain isn't as good as having bloodmagic, but the defense as well as offense is pretty good. Against warriors, guards Engis and mirages I use the protection trait

> >

> > Mirage setup: suffer, spectral armor, spectral walk

> > Engi: BiP, corrupt boon, spectral walk

> > Warrior/guard: corrupt boon, ncsy, spectral walk

> >

>

> Looking on this build there’s s couple things that I would question

>

> First is decimate defences. Why have this trait over any of the other two choices? You don’t output vulnerability, and even if you did, you have enough crit chance already via fury from pack runes and/or Deaths Perception. (97% with pack Rune proc and 77% without)

I do output vulnerability. Decimate defenses is mainly for the extra crit outside of shroud. It's a really bad idea in duels to have only shroud as offensive tool. It makes you very predictable and easy to kill, if you have no pressure outside of shroud.

And you did see my axe right? What does the autoattack do?

Also you sometimes don't have fury, when you go inside of shroud.

All in all the rune and the trait keep me on a pretty good critchance.

>

> Pack Runes...back to this discussion...it’s not perma and lasts only 12ish seconds/30seconds, and to take advantage of it you have to dedicate a full set of diviner gear for something that’s effective 40% of the time. You have death magic with shrouded removal and spectral walk but no antitoxin?

I don't need antitoxin. Not enough Condi roamers. mirages are 70% power. And I have fervor, that already reduces condition damage by a high amount.

I'm thinking about taking the new fireworks rune.

>

> Crusader trinkets for 250 healing power...is there a reason for this? Why not go captains, to gain more toughness and more precision so that you can drop pack runes for a better set of runes?

I wanted to get max power and toughness + ferocity. Also consume conditions favours healing power. It gives 200+20heal per condition extra.

Though with fireworks rune, I will loose 125precision. That might suck, so I'm already thinking about taking some captains trinkets. Or just stick to my plan with kiting on axe and decimate defenses.

>

> Deadly strength...it makes sense...but it’s really not that impactful imo. For lack of anything better to choose really is why I assume you took this trait. With 1400 toughness your taking home 180ish power in shroud maximum, which is about 3-6 stacks of unstrippable might. Is that really better than -20% condition damage with protection? Plus 5 seconds of protection on Stun?

Yeah depends on the enemy I'm fighting.

>

> Corrupters fervor...alright now I understand your thought process for taking crusader trinkets. You max out toughness with Ferver which leaves you some extra stats. That’s cool. But 280 healing power on necro which most healing scales poorly with...you should still swap out these trinkets for better stats like boon duration, precision, or even more toughness and drop ferver for sanctuary.

>

> Just some of my thoughts.

>

>

Don't like sanctuary. I think it's one of the worst designed necro traits. The healing is a joke and if I switch out crusaders gear that healing would get even worse

> But again that’s cause I choose death magic and Soul Reaping over curses and spite.

That's a different playstyle, because it's a bruiser build.

So the question is, why DM over BM?

DM received some small buffs, but I still think it's too weak. The traitline still justifies itself only for minion masters.

- Soul Comprehension: useless

- the two non minion Major Grandmasters: way too weak, even weaker than BM Major Masters

- Deadly Strengh: useless, the BM leeching adds almost the same damage, heals you and ignores Endure Pain and other immunities

- Dark Defiance: okay, but condi sustain is achieveable on both traitlines

The utility DM provides is good, but the effects are too weak. 3s protection here and there, 180 toughness in shroud, 1 cleanse every 3s in shroud, 130 regen/s in shroud, damage reduction that has a ramp up time (how stupid is that?) ... that's not enough for current level of powercreep!

The only reason why I would pick DM over BM is that I want to drop Sigil of Cleansing at the cost of having to use Rune of Antitoxin which loses half of its effect (increasing condi damage) in a power build.

> http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQNArfWnE9CN9iF3Ae9Cs9iluBbKjNACA6B1i6Sl6DsBOUA-jViAABAcCASUfQjKBre/hyU+dq6PdcIAO/IAE9DAocQAAVVVFA-w

>

> too broke to test it out, can't really find the right stats in spvp, but it seems to decent. Probably too much toughness.

you're probably better off dropping the apothecary pieces. only halfway investing in a stat like that usually only means you end up not doing enough sustain for it to be a proper sustain build and not enough damage to pressure enemies adequately.

> @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > @"felincyriac.5981" said:

> > http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQNArfWnE9CN9iF3Ae9Cs9iluBbKjNACA6B1i6Sl6DsBOUA-jViAABAcCASUfQjKBre/hyU+dq6PdcIAO/IAE9DAocQAAVVVFA-w

> >

> > too broke to test it out, can't really find the right stats in spvp, but it seems to decent. Probably too much toughness.

>

> you're probably better off dropping the apothecary pieces. only halfway investing in a stat like that usually only means you end up not doing enough sustain for it to be a proper sustain build and not enough damage to pressure enemies adequately.

what would you recommend instead?

> > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > @"felincyriac.5981" said:

> > > http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQNArfWnE9CN9iF3Ae9Cs9iluBbKjNACA6B1i6Sl6DsBOUA-jViAABAcCASUfQjKBre/hyU+dq6PdcIAO/IAE9DAocQAAVVVFA-w

> > >

> > > too broke to test it out, can't really find the right stats in spvp, but it seems to decent. Probably too much toughness.

> >

> > you're probably better off dropping the apothecary pieces. only halfway investing in a stat like that usually only means you end up not doing enough sustain for it to be a proper sustain build and not enough damage to pressure enemies adequately.

>

> what would you recommend instead?

>

>

probably go full dire if you're stuck with that stat, otherwise trailblazer. i'm also personally not into blood magic if im solo roaming. the sustain from transfusion and vamp aura add a lot less survivability than weakening shroud most of the time. especially when you can get still chunked for 8-10k with 3.1k armor, weakness on enemy and protection against a bunch of builds. but its still a lifesaver especially in 1vX. losing plague sending also sucks.

> @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > @"felincyriac.5981" said:

> > > @"Aktium.9506" said:

> > > > @"felincyriac.5981" said:

> > > > http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQNArfWnE9CN9iF3Ae9Cs9iluBbKjNACA6B1i6Sl6DsBOUA-jViAABAcCASUfQjKBre/hyU+dq6PdcIAO/IAE9DAocQAAVVVFA-w

> > > >

> > > > too broke to test it out, can't really find the right stats in spvp, but it seems to decent. Probably too much toughness.

> > >

> > > you're probably better off dropping the apothecary pieces. only halfway investing in a stat like that usually only means you end up not doing enough sustain for it to be a proper sustain build and not enough damage to pressure enemies adequately.

> >

> > what would you recommend instead?

> >

> >

> probably go full dire if you're stuck with that stat, otherwise trailblazer. i'm also personally not into blood magic if im solo roaming. the sustain from transfusion and vamp aura add a lot less survivability than weakening shroud most of the time. especially when you can get still chunked for 8-10k with 3.1k armor, weakness on enemy and protection against a bunch of builds. but its still a lifesaver especially in 1vX. losing plague sending also sucks.

>

there is also blood bond, which is a nice ~6k heal with additional 500 lifesteal chunks for like 5 hits, you can proc it reliably with this build. I will try it like this, if not i have a full trailblazar set, but i think without the sustain + the new condi removal rune, it will be most difficult.

Sooo... A lot of opinions here.

My situation right now is this: most of the time I'll be roaming solo or +1 FB, and the rest of the time I'll add 1 or 2 more Mesmers to the group making a total of 4 (max for now). The safest bet for the first compositions (1 or 2 players) I guess I will go with Full Marauder Reaper, but not sure about runes... On the other hand, when playing as a group of 3-4 I guess I should run Scourge and be more support / dps than dps role, so, I'm kinda lost about what's stats runes for this situation...

Please, correct me if I'm wrong on anything above! :)